VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Jackson officials' plan for hotel near Six Flags moves forward

GAcoaster

^ Don't get me started about the parking lot, that thing is is the biggest train wreck I've ever seen. Lol

And if this hotel gets passed how they want it to, the park wouldn't be in charge of general upkeep so that's not something we need to worry about. General upkeep is forever going to be an on going thing at any park. The park is always doing maintenance on buildings during the off season so it's not like they don't care, rather they may not have the money to do so.

It's not that we don't want a hotel, it's that we think the park is not ready for one yet. There are much more urgent things to be fixed before we get one

Your right, there are a few things that need to be fixed first. But you have to remember the more money the park gets, the more things they can fix faster. And this money could possibly be generated by having the hotel.

^ sorry, but all the extra $$$$$$ lately is going to shareholders, not park improvement or better ride operations, that's for sure. so many bldgs are disgusting, run down, need paint. the maintenance is just so lacking. I brought my mom and neice to the park for the 1st time this year. last time my mom was in the park was the "time warner" yrs. she couldn't believe how dirty all the kids rides were. seats and handles were filthy. she said no way shes going back.

And in there lies the rub. A hotel on property go for it! Long over due with a kick back to the park...Does the park need work? Yep sure does and lots of it. Personally Id rather see a hold onn anything new. For a few years. And use all avilable funds to referbish, restore, And inprove the park "A back to basics" plan. But I can wish in one hand and ..never mind you all know the rest.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the last few posts, that the issues the park has with the "basics" -- cleanliness, upkeep, and (arguably, at least) staffing -- have 1000x more to do with management's approach than with some kind of shortage of income that a hotel or any other kind of growth would solve. SF runs itself with the bare minimum of staffing and maintenance (and, in fairness, sets admission prices to match that level of quality).

Cleaning up the park and focusing on guest satisfaction did become a priority again during the Shapiro years, but that seems to be fading back to the Premier mentality of sucking as much profit out as possible, regardless of what corners have to be cut.

• 9 months later...