VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Jackson officials' plan for hotel near Six Flags moves forward

GAcoaster

and not trying to dircriminate but they need to control the 'ghettoness' of the park. I feel like i am in south philly sometimes

That's because i'm sure many people are from South Philly.

As said above me, you can't stop that. You can't stop certain people from coming to the park. If they wanna come, which they will, they are allowed. You can't deny a guest entrance because of the way they look or are acting, unless they cause harm in someone or something else. Although about the peeing in the sink, gross, and that is something they need to do something about, cause i'm sure that isn't the only time that has happened,

• 3 weeks later...

we need better security. the last time a reported a line jumper, the guard said that he will follow them around and make sure it doesnt happen again. Thats not the policy. There will always be trouble makers, thrill rides seem to attract those people. We need to deal with them by removing them from the park IMMEDIATELY. When there's trash, you clean it up!

we need better security. the last time a reported a line jumper, the guard said that he will follow them around and make sure it doesnt happen again. Thats not the policy. There will always be trouble makers, thrill rides seem to attract those people. We need to deal with them by removing them from the park IMMEDIATELY. When there's trash, you clean it up!

I agree that the security guards do nothing. They don't care if people cut the lines or anything. One year someone stole our souvenir cup, and we told him, he just stood there and said, "oh well." I mean I know there isn't anything they could do but at least act like you care.

I've seen security remove cutters from line twice this year since I've been there. I do not know what their fate was after being removed, but it made me feel a lot more satisfied as a guest to see the policy enforced, especially since both cutters went right past me in the line. Maybe it's more rare than I see?

That's because i'm sure many people are from South Philly.

As said above me, you can't stop that. You can't stop certain people from coming to the park. If they wanna come, which they will, they are allowed. You can't deny a guest entrance because of the way they look or are acting, unless they cause harm in someone or something else. Although about the peeing in the sink, gross, and that is something they need to do something about, cause i'm sure that isn't the only time that has happened,

I believe you are incorrect in what a business can and can not do as it relates to its customers. Believe it or not, a business has the right to refuse service to anyone. True, you can't discriminate on race, national origin, etc., but you most certainly can discriminate on something as simple as how someone is dressed (inappropriate writings on someone's shirt, gang colors, etc.). In reality, front gate/admissions people can usually tell you who is likely to be a problem just by what they're wearing and how they're acting when they're coming through the gate.

they can refuse to let people in, but if most of those people just happen to be a certain ethnicity, then thats grounds for discrimination by racial profiling. Its tough because you want to attract more people to make more money. The park needs to do that in order to survive. Unfortunately, bad people will always be in that mix

That will happen at any park near large cities. It just happens. Six Flags America and New England have far rougher crowds then Great Adventure....

That's nonsense. SFGAdv gets the roughest crowd of any of these, and yet has the most ineffective security of all three (SFA's security is particularly impressive and on the ball). SFA and SFNE have far better-behaved guests than GAdv -- the only park I've been to that's even close is SFMM.

(And before you go say I'm wrong about SFA, I know that the reputation is dirty and "ghetto," but that's based on how the park was 8+ years ago. I've frequented it in recent seasons and can tell you it's a much friendlier and more pleasant place to be than Great Adventure.)

SFA is the only place someone tried to break into my car and this was in 2009 on the first Sunday of their season. Though SFGAdv is the only park someone grabbed me from behind, punched, or been bitten. Both parks I was purposely pushed down. IMO, both SFA and SFGAdv get really rough crowds and is due to mostly ineffective security and way too many discounts and special deals. SFMM also had rough crowds when I was there and heard SFGA is the same way. Both Dorney and Hershey get alot of people from Philly and NYC and are not rowdy, and SFOT and SFStL were no where near as rough as SFGAdv, SFMM, or SFA.

I agree that a hotel is ahead of the time. The park needs a larger and more diverse collection of rides and attractions, greatly improved crowd control, upgraded infrastructure, and better maintenance. About the best way to keep getto types out is to charge more than what they can afford to get in though it won't be popular. If it weren't for NJ's draconian laws, SF could follow Dorney's example and have a few armed guards. It doesn't help that SF's security look like school crossing guards and being armed only with trash pickers.

Edited by The Master

I belive this plans been on the drawing board form day one. And if being built by a major company Im sure they will make demands. And expect Six Flags to do somethings. ANd if they want to attract large confrences, and such. Corperate events. Then it would be all good.

Edited by FlumeOp1974

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

What I'd like to see is a hotel that hooked into the safari experience, like they do in Disney World.

SFGA is my favorite, as I have many happy childhood memories, and worked there in '84 and '85. Now I live in NH, and visit from time to time with family (my latest trip being this past August). Family has just moved away, and I tell you it would make it so much easier for me to visit with a hotel near by.

My most memorable hotel experience was staying at the animal kingdom lodge in Disney. Drinking my morning coffee on the veranda and watching the giraffes stroll by was some kind of magic. I'm wondering if six flags could incorporate a similar experience with a hotel situated in or near their safari.

• Like 1

A safari hotel would be really cool- I haven't stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge but it looks nice and I would love seeing Six Flags do something similar to it.

Also, has there been any progress on the planned hotel? Has construction started on it yet?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, the park has had problems with staffing before, but those problems seem to happen less often now. I remember in the early-mid 2000s there would be tons of rides closed simply due to not enough staff, luckily that doesn't happen anymore. With the direction the park is going in I think they are in much better shape for a hotel than 2007 when one was originally supposed to be built.

• 2 weeks later...

They would probably need to be have a lot more to offer during the entire year like Hershey. Besides a longer operating season (maybe if this happens it would help convince Six Flags to add Holiday In The Park?), there is Chocolate World, Zoo America, The Hershey Museum and conventions at the Lodge.

• 1 month later...
Guest Moonracker7

SFGA is the largest property out of all of them, do you guys even a second theme park with a bobsled coaster in it, it would have to connect to HH though to fit as much parking as possible... also a medieval area with a jousting show, even a new old country.

• 2 months later...

I hope SFGadv never adds a hotel. That will just attract more people and longer lines. They dodnt have enough staffing for the crowds they get now. Most of the coasters now they only use min staffing and run them with 2 attendants. They should be using 4 attendants on all the coasters now, but they rarely do. When I rode Kinda Ka memorial day weekend this season and green lantern they had 4, but all other coasters only had 2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

^ after reading this thread, I was thinking the same thing. And I think they would!

Let's face it, the main reason people on here are complaint they don't want a hotel is because it will over crowed the park. In reality, it probably would only cause a slight increase in attendance at the dry park because now guests are spending more time at BOTH parks.

Keep in mind that the people that would rent a hotel at great adventure are already doing it at other hotels 10 miles away from the park. It's not like everyone's going to be like omg great adventure just got a hotel, let's have the whole world go to the park have have it be at max capacity every day. Lol

Also, even if the park did get more crowded, the park and company would see that and start expanding he park more to meet with the demand. That means more coasters, more flats, more water slides, and more money for the park. That would also mean that almost all coasters will be run with full crews and at max capacity.

This park has so much potential to be an amazing park. I think it's silly that some of you don't want to see it grow because you don't want to wait in a line.

• Like 2