VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom - NOW OPEN!

GAcoaster

Probably because they didn't want to risk the integrity of El Toro when removing Rolling Thunder.

The part is a little close for comfort and can easily be made into another smoking area if needed.

259.jpg

Makes sense now that I think about it. They would have to remove each piece carefully.

Or, we could start the rumor that the section left will become the bottom of the first drop of a new RMC coaster that will be some kind of "Rolling Thunder's Revenge" and they'll use that part of the structure to pay tribute when they build Thunder Strike or whatever they will call it. :D

Or, we could start the rumor that the section left will become the bottom of the first drop of a new RMC coaster that will be some kind of "Rolling Thunder's Revenge" and they'll use that part of the structure to pay tribute when they build Thunder Strike or whatever they will call it. :D

That crossed my mind as far as them reusing that section. lol

Thats great. I love it. (wish it was true)

I could see the Park getting the 1st RMC "racer" in the states. But i guess we can count that out now.

Not sure how credible or what their source is, but apparently 'theme park maniacs' found out today due to nj laws both rides(ka & zdod)won't run at the same time,nor have a shot at it. Once one ride goes and is completed, the other can go.

I wasn't expecting them to run the rides at the same time but also wasn't expecting them to be that particular about running them and occasionaly have that ironic timing where both would be happening like in the promo videos.

What do they think would go wrong if Ka and ZDOD ran at the same time? California allows Lex Luthor and Superman to run at the same time. Nothing's ever happened there.

Edit: I thought he was saying that having random times they are synced is unlikely not that the rule is unlikely. That's what happens when I read too fast

Edited by RC98

I think a lot of that will depend on testing results. NJ has some very strick amusment safety rules. And KK tower does sway so it might be a lauch the coaster then once it clears then the drop. Better to era on the side of caution. But likr I said this may all depend on the test results. ANd Id rather Great Adventure keep its safety record in tack. then risk another bad year because of a major safety issue.

Given the history of electric limits at the park, I am surprised that the power supply won't be an issue. The park couldn't launch both Lightnin' Loops simultaneously once FreeFall was installed and then dueling Chillers became a dilemma. I would imagine a Ka launch and a Zumanjaro ascent would be a huge drain of electric all at the same time.

it seems like SFgadv never thinks anything through when they add new rides. maybe instead of adding a new ride one season, they should take care of the electrical problems. that's probably why they have closed the batman stunt show and closed old country. just what gadv needs is to lessen the capacity on kingda ka if these rumors are true. but it wouldn't surprise me.

Thats been one of the biggest issues Ive had...They install everything within the 74-75 area, and never expand the park beyond those boundries. With 2,000 acres to develope youd think they would inprove the inferstructor of the parks power gride and foot print. but they keep building, for example why couldnt El Toro have been built around the lake opposite the last lift of the flume. ANd Golden Kingdom and Safari Adventure placed behind that? Using the land there. and better used the land behind Congo River? The orgional plans called for this and actually were approved by then Jersey Central Power and Light. And the orgional plans were given the go head by the EPA of Jersey as well. For there conservation and inpact on the natural enviroment of the pine barrens.

Edited by FlumeOp1974

maybe lift Zumanjaro, as the carts hang there, launch kingda ka. Now would braking both rides close to the same time be an issue? Why can't they just get more power? It's a major amusement park. I wonder if any other sixflags has a problem with this. As far as expanding, they need to deal with capacity issues and crowd control before they expand. If it expands, that means a lot more people. At times, they can barely control crowds as it is now.

Braking ether ride shouldnt matter at all being the brakes are both magnetic and work no matter if there is power or no power.

As far as capacity vs expanding, if they expanded there would be more space for people to move into. It seems the crowds arent as large as they use to be so dealing with capacity shouldnt really factory into expanding. Its the way they run the park and take care of things that they need to work on before they do an expansion. Honestly I would be shocked to see them do that big of an expansion

The other issue, to me is. there are too many "major rides/ attractions" piled on top of each other in certain areas of the park. All the coasters are on the outside at both ends with , let be honest, not many things, lets say flat rides, in the middle to take up the space. If you look at most major parks they all have plenty of rides and coasters all mixed in with each other. For instance Hershey, Dorney, CP. In my opinion blow Great Adventure out of the water as far as ride placement goes