VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2015 Speculation at SFGA

GAcoaster

Ok, I think it's obvious at this point what's going on:

A dragon themed "Ring of Fire" in the Golden Kingdom

A backwards Batman

Some type of Fright Fest expansion or new addition to Fright Fest

I see no evidence of a "a dive in movie" but you never know.

They wouldn't ? .. . . . . .

ring_of_fire.jpg

It probably would be more like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Actually looks decent but there are much better thrill flats out there. I personally would have wanted to see a frisbee or an air race ride.

Edited by RC98

What I think is stupid is how they advertise it as a new coaster. Although it says it will be their 12th coaster to the park (which doesn't make sense cause they already have 12).

They can advertise it however they'd like, but the bottom line is, it's a carnival ride. On top of this, a very popular one the general public will immediately recognize.

You can get away with adding this at a park like Morey's Piers or even Knoebels... but not in a "world class theme park."

One would think they'd have learned from the Dark Knight not to add mis-represented and advertised carnival / boardwalk rides,but apparently, not so much!

I personally.... Hate the idea of the ring of fire, I really hope it's one of those throw offs for coaster enthusiasts, because there's no way the worlds biggest theme park.... Would add that thing. I personally heard rumors of a giga coaster or a wing rider like gate keeper, of we get 3 rides (namtab and this ring of fire, and an extra wing rider), I would like that!

I personally think this is all bs. We cannot be getting that type of ride Six Flags must be out of their minds to even propose such a stupid and idiotic idea. This is how companies go out of business. They can't market this at a world class theme park, if anything it'll be a waste of ride attendants, a loss of money, and no increase to any attendance. This cannot and I can almost guarantee will not be what we are getting, and if it is then I have to say Six Flags is in for it by making horrible decisions such as these. From a business standpoint its awful, and seeing what Cedar Fair does with their parks, Six Flags is being put to complete and utter shame. Step up your game Six Flags.

We won't be sure until this Thursday. I think we should stop being so picky since we are always complaining about the park not having enough flats. Even though I would rather prefer a Zamperla Hawk over a Ring of Fire. Mostly bc I think having ur feet dangle is more of a thrilling experience. But even if we get a super loop that doesn't necessarily mean that it will be tied in to the dragon theme. That could be a whole new attraction. Lets just wait and see.

Well, from what I keep hearing after poking around with some old sources, the "Ring of Fire" will be the main addition, going into the Golden Kingdom.

I commend the effort of adding flats in areas that need them, especially areas that have removed flat rides. HOWEVER, this is NOT the way to do it. Deja Vu, The Autobahn Re-born, the elephants, and Sky Screamer were tastefully done. Most of them, they are classic rides one expects to find in any theme park.

This ride would have to be very well themed and marketed properly for me to not make fun of Great Adventure for the rest of my life.

Now looking at this, the only reason they are getting this ride cuz zumanjaro went over budget, next year we are getting a huge new coaster. If you wanna check it out, look up jersey giant giga coaster on youtube.

And this "Jersey Giant" is coming from where? Your imagination?

All this talk of the ring of fire -ish ride has left me a bit wanting, like most of you. I mean, it's a fun ride no doubt, and we DO need flats (we're not considering this a coaster, even if SF is, right? haha), but it's just not "big amusement park" quality. Even if it was part of a bigger flat package, that would be cool, but not as a centerpiece like it seemingly is.

I was recently in Denmark on vacation, and went to Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen. They have this flat ride there that I was just mystified by, so I had to go on it...take a look at it here (not my video). It was so cool! We need flats like this. Stuff that captures people's attention, and offers unique ride experiences. It was so much fun! No nausea, despite what you may think from the ride motion, and the sensations from hanging upside down were so cool. Rides like this would fill out our park so nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LRnfDQdwXc

Edit: How do you embed a youtube video so you don't have to go to the external link? Thanks!

Edited by SlickMittens

I'm not completely dismissing the possibility of a new coaster in 2016, but in 2015, for sure.

Although, I still find 2016 unlikely to see one as the park president has openly stated he hates adding roller coasters.