VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2015 Speculation at SFGA

GAcoaster

I'm not upset that the park isn't adding a coaster. I am upset it's a slightly bigger, more jazzed up ride that can be found at almost every run of the mill carnival. It's better than nothing, but I would have much rather seen that $ invested in new paint, show, landscaping, water slide, or put in the 2016 piggy bank.

We were all spoiled from the 93-06 run, but at the same time in the last 6 years we've had 5 coasters (4 different dueling tracks and GASM) removed with only an indoor mouse and 15y.o standup to replace them. And while it's entitlement, GADV is one of the biggest regional parks in the world with incredible potential that was on the verge of reaching that level after Toro was added. After 9 years, it is reasonable that us fans are getting antsy for a major new coaster...

...or something better than a Super Loop...

^^^ Unfortunately the water wheel probably just meant the ride will be in the Golden Kingdom.

^ I agree. Yes we need a thrill flat but they could have gotten many other thrill flats that aren't off the shelf and probably aren't very expensive. For example an air race ride or a frisbee or a hawk like Meteor at Dorney or a Disko (either the big half pipe or the "coaster" one). All of those are a better fit for our park in terms of thrills, capacity, and uniqueness than a super loop and also are inexpensive enough for the park to put in during an "off" year.

Edited by RC98

In all honesty, I'm not even jealous of Six Flags Magic Mountain. The way their park is maintained compared to ours is on a whole different level of bad. Even though they happen to get new coasters ever other year, those coasters seem unprepared. Our park is much more maintained and i'd rather keep it that way as opposed to getting a roller coaster every year.

I actually wouldn't mind getting no new attractions for a year and completely redoing everything in the park. Stuff like repaving the parking lot, re painting some of the rides, getting new side walks, getting better theming on some of the rides, and even adding a season pass parking lot over by Bizzaro where the baboons are now if they do end up moving them to the Zumanjaro. I really think that they need a season pass entrance again. Putting it by Bizzaro will make it popular again.

SFMM is the most spoiled park. Send some coasters to the smaller parks. SFMM can go a few years without a coaster

SFMM does get coasters, because they are in a very unique market. The Southern California market is very different than any other. They have to compete with Disneyland, Universal and Knott's for local dollars, and those are excellent all theme parks with lots of great FAMILY attractions. Magic Mountain differentiates itself by being the THRILL park destination out there. And, just like with GA, the big complaint about MM is that there are no flat rides and nothing for the intermediate riders who are too big for the kiddie rides and too young/small for the coasters. They're not "spoiled" they just cater to their market. Much like GA gets coasters and other major attractions to counter the competition (Hershey and Dorney).

My reasoning is completely selfish. I'm a big coaster rider.

I've only ever gotten sick riding two rides, and they were both at my local carnival. One was the Gravitron http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitron, and the other being The Ring of Fire.

So sadly for me, if GA gets the Super Looper ride...I'll miss out riding it.

;-)

Like others have said previously, I would consider the ring of fire a flat with an added bit of thrill for the smaller riders who can’t ride the looping coasters. That is if the ride height is the same as it would be at a carnival. My 9 year old daughter wants badly to ride the looping coasters but is still a couple of inches to small but when she was able to ride the ring of fire at the local carnival she loved it. She rode it 10 times in a night I think. So being selfish in a family way, if it is a ring of fire kind of ride that’s installed I won’t be disappointed. It has a small footprint and is probably in expensive so it won’t impact the budget leaving more money for other additions or improvements.

A lot of people on the site have said with the removal of rolling thunder the park has become a little less family friendly. This would be a long way from the fun of rolling thunder, it was “the first big coaster” to many just as it was for me in the early 80’s, but it is another ride for those smaller riders to enjoy and feel a little bigger.

If that’s the ride I will embrace it.

^We don't want or need coasters each year. We had that for years. There is more to a good park than just coasters.

With some people there is no winning. Recently we have gotten what we say we need/want the most and people still bitch. We need a coaster (Green Lantern in added), we need flats (Adventure Alley), we need a family ride (Safari Off Road Adventure), we need a drop tower (Zumanjaro is added), we need a thrill ride (maybe this year).

About the only thing we haven't received yet which we asked for is shows.

Could not agree more! My wife has been to the park once this year to process her season pass. The park has reaally nothing for her since she does not ride most of the rollercoasters and some flats. At times I even get bored at the park and need a break. In fact so much so that we have gone alot less this year.
We actually enjoy Six Flags America more just because of the layout of the park (with the water park inside) and the shows they have (even though its only 2)
Great Adventure needs a stunt show again... Would like to see an FX show also. And bring back the dolphins!

As people have said before, it is probably a good thing we are only getting a super loop. We needed a thrill ride and that's was super loop is. Now it wouldn't be my choice of a thrill ride to put at the prk but at least it is something. Be happy that we aren't just getting batman backwards. Since they aren't spending too much money this year than they will use the money to hopefully build a coaster in 2016 (hopefully a giga or RMC). And I honestly wouldn't mind them not getting a coaster in 2016 if they were to get a water ride, some shows, and maybe a dark ride.

Should one of those things be Batman running with backward trains, I wonder if there will be an option to ride facing forward. If there is it might be an awkward loading process.

They wouldn't do that. They would need a whole new train and it would make wait times longer because then if you want to ride backwards or forwards you would need to wait an extra train. It would get too confusing.

Should one of those things be Batman running with backward trains, I wonder if there will be an option to ride facing forward. If there is it might be an awkward loading process.

No. The entire train faces backwards.

SFMM does get coasters, because they are in a very unique market. The Southern California market is very different than any other. They have to compete with Disneyland, Universal and Knott's for local dollars, and those are excellent all theme parks with lots of great FAMILY attractions. Magic Mountain differentiates itself by being the THRILL park destination out there. And, just like with GA, the big complaint about MM is that there are no flat rides and nothing for the intermediate riders who are too big for the kiddie rides and too young/small for the coasters. They're not "spoiled" they just cater to their market. Much like GA gets coasters and other major attractions to counter the competition (Hershey and Dorney).

but when sfmm gets a coaster every year, it limits other six flags parks because corporate seem to only care about that park, because corporate thinks adding more mediocre coasters to that park will make it better than cedar point when in reality it will never be as good as cp

Clue #4 on instagram:

gallery_2081_828_21088.jpg

Ok.. So everyone seems pretty sure about NAMTAB and "Looping Dragon" (whatanawfulname) but the ghost and banana pictures still confuse me. Is it possible there will be a 3rd ride we have yet to guess?? Thursday can't come sooner lol