VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2015 Speculation at SFGA

GAcoaster

I was in the park today for a few hrs, and overheard a few rides employees at green lantern saying the park cancelled the coaster for 2015 because Zumanjaro went over budget and was embarrassed that it took till July to get the drop tower open. They dodnt want a delay for next year because ACE is having coaster con at the park.

Looks like a fun ride SlickMittens. My first thought was that its going to be an updated version of the old Enterprise we had at the park (that I always enjoyed riding). There are a lot of moving parts that will catch the eye of a lot of riders. I wonder what it looks like at night? What kind of lighting does it have?

I thought about plantain, but the runaway mine train usually has a pretty decent line. Also, since it is the only coaster there since the parks opening, they won't want to get rid of it. Other than that, I couldn't find anything that rhymed with banana that made any sense. I'm clueless about 2015. I just hope there's a decent coaster.

I was in the park today for a few hrs, and overheard a few rides employees at green lantern saying the park cancelled the coaster for 2015 because Zumanjaro went over budget and was embarrassed that it took till July to get the drop tower open. They dodnt want a delay for next year because ACE is having coaster con at the park.

Didn't Falcon's Fury not open until this month though? That's even later than July!

Looks like a fun ride SlickMittens. My first thought was that its going to be an updated version of the old Enterprise we had at the park (that I always enjoyed riding). There are a lot of moving parts that will catch the eye of a lot of riders. I wonder what it looks like at night? What kind of lighting does it have?

To be honest, I didn't see the lights on because it stays light until like 10:45 there in the summer (really throws your internal clock off, haha). It looked like there were some white bulbs on the spine and non-moving arms to complement the gold themeing, but there could have been more! A winter where we get a few unique flats like this would be a total success in my opinion.

Hopefully if we are getting a flat in Golden Kingdom as per all the speculation, they open the path up between GK and Plaza de Carnival again. Man, that would make the Ka-Toro walk so much easier!

I understand the park needs flats but seriously?! What's going through corporates head at this point? There's a Ring Of Fire an hour down the highway at tiny Clementon Park. To make it even worse, it's rumored that 2 or 3 other SF parks are getting the exact same ride. At least give us some originality. And looping dragon?! Who's naming these rides. At this point I'm praying for SF bankruptcy and Cedar Fair to buy Gadv. I'll take no re rides and closed attractions in the rain if it means more unique additions and better operations. Seriously disappointed.

^ For names at least our drop ride isn't named "Drop Tower." The drop rides at pretty much every Cedar Fair park are named that.

SlickMittens I think the ride you found was a Zamperla Air Race like this one?

DSC_0051.JPG

I've always thought one of these themed to stunt planes in Movietown would be cool. With all the flats out there I'm sure they could find something better than a ring of fire. It will be a fun ride but if it's not integrated well it will be obvious that it's off the shelf.

Edited by RC98

^ For names at least our drop ride isn't named "Drop Tower." The drop rides at pretty much every Cedar Fair park are named that.

SlickMittens I think the ride you found was a Zamperla Air Race like this one?

DSC_0051.JPG

I've always thought one of these themed to stunt planes in Movietown would be cool. With all the flats out there I'm sure they could find something better than a ring of fire. It will be a fun ride but if it's not integrated well it will be obvious that it's off the shelf.

RC98, yep that definitely looks like it, just themed differently. Good eye! I'd love to see one of those at GA! It could even work with the rumored Dragon theme, but sadly, I don't think we're that fortunate this year.

^ Well what did they do for the Dark Knight Coaster? I thought they learned... I'm still trying to hold out hope that there's more. A new HH slide, another flat ride, just something other than a temporary train configuration and a flat no one will care about. If it is really the super loop, I'd probably ride it once when it's new and then never ride it again unless I've already ridden everything else during the day.

I'm not completely dismissing the possibility of a new coaster in 2016, but in 2015, for sure.

Although, I still find 2016 unlikely to see one as the park president has openly stated he hates adding roller coasters.

Where did you read/hear that the current park president 'hates' adding roller coasters?

The problem is CORPORATE makes the budgets and ultimate decisions regarding the new additions for capex. It is then up to the park's PR department to make the best of the decision that was made and spin it as an exciting new addition.

While everyone may whine and complain about what the park may or may not be getting next season, not every season can see the world's tallest, fastest, loopingest, whateverest attraction come to Great Adventure (or any park). If the rumors are true and it really is a "Super Loop" coming to the park, I would be disappointed but at the same time everyone complains that there aren't enough flat rides, and there aren't enough thrill rides in the park, and now you are getting a flat ride and you complain. Just deal with it and accept it, or don't go. Go to Dorney or Hershey or Morey's or wherever and ride all of their record braking coasters...oh, that's right, they don't have any.

In the mean time, look at the trends and realize that if 2015 is an "off-year" for GA, that 2016 will probably more than make up for it, and if the trends continue for Six Flags, look for a record breaking wood/steel hybrid coaster much like what they built at Great America but even bigger since there is more space to build at GA.

If your really disappointed with the park and decisions they make, hit them were it hurts. Don't go and spend money, and go elsewhere. From what I hear from people, SF corporate believes that because the park is situated between NYC and Philly, people will come no matter what. That's why the last decent ride was El Toro in 2006. They added that piece of garbage TDK, and then that used pos GL that nobody likes.

^Im sorry to upset you about your opinion but I know many people who do not consider The Dark Knight garbage. The only thing wrong with it that i can see is it being marketed horribly wrong. Other than that, i can argue that it has some of the best theming in the entire park and i always see people riding it. I have to agree with GAcoaster's view on the park. Great Adventure has an amazing lineup of rides already compared to Dorney and Morey's that we don't necessarily need another record breaking attraction.. yet.. These past few year have been nothing but improvements to the park and if we do happen to get a SuperLoop, it will most likely open up the path between Kingda Ka and El Toro again. Unless you guys don't want that. Oh well; you can't please everyone. :whistling:

^We don't want or need coasters each year. We had that for years. There is more to a good park than just coasters.

With some people there is no winning. Recently we have gotten what we say we need/want the most and people still bitch. We need a coaster (Green Lantern in added), we need flats (Adventure Alley), we need a family ride (Safari Off Road Adventure), we need a drop tower (Zumanjaro is added), we need a thrill ride (maybe this year).

About the only thing we haven't received yet which we asked for is shows.

• Like 1