VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fright Fest 2014

gafreak

Banning unsupervised teens at Fright Fest is super unrealistic.

Not teens, pre-teens and those 13 or younger. Most of the trouble makers were herds of 9 to 12 year Olds without any supervision, running into guests and being brats. They should not be out to midnight by themselves anyway.

Are 9 year Olds considered teenagers now? Cause I never said teenagers, I said pre-teens, different age group.

Edited by The Master

I agree. With a family of 4 and could not afford $180 per person. But I agree that SF Season Passes are too low... A compromise of $99 per person would be fair though; and if they did that maybe that can add more staff and shows (to bring more families in).

Or a single pass could be $99 and a family of 4 or more(with the same last name) could be discounted.

While I agree the passes are very cheap (cheaper than they should be), if they made them $100 like you are saying there is no way I would buy one, and I am sure many others would stop buying them too.

The reason to complain about season pass prices is that lowering prices can (but not always) equals lower revenue, which equals crappier rides, which equals lower staff, which equals less rides open, which means GA gets left in the dust.

Pricing of the passes is something the marketing people for six flags must work hard on. They need to price the passes to at a level that will maximize the return. The need to figure out how high the price can be set and not lose sales and profits. I'm guessing there is a higher price the passes can be set to that even if there is a reduction in passes sold there wont be a reduction in profitability. i assume there is a number that can be calculated that would maximize profitability.

The lower price may be made with the assumption they will get more people int he park where they will spend more money than the higher price of the pass would bring in.

I'm glad I don't need to make those calculations but somebody has been educated to be able to make that calculation.

The reason to complain about season pass prices is that lowering prices can (but not always) equals lower revenue, which equals crappier rides, which equals lower staff, which equals less rides open, which means GA gets left in the dust.

Low pass prices can also attract more low class people to the park and give it a bad reputation.

Edited by The Master

• 2 weeks later...

Are front of the line passes still being sold for the trails? When I went end of September, I got a season scare pass with the front of the line access for my GA season pass (the purple sticker). I want to go with my cousin this weekend, who also has a season pass, but I don't see the scare pass offered on the GA website. Do they still offer it in the park? It would be just the two of us, so if they stopped offering them I'm not sure how it would work out with him having a regular trial pass and me a front of the line trail pass.... :-/

It seemed like that was a really good deal for someone who likes the Fright Fest attractions, especially at the price they had it at in early and mid September. I guess they had to limit the number of sales or else the standby line would move slow.

Edited by Yoshi