VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Coasters After Dark - April 25, 2014

29yrswithaGApass

Yeah the forecast does not look good. 20% chance of rain at 6, 50% chance at 7, 70% at 8 and 80% chance at 9. I'll wait until tomorrow afternoon and see if it updates. If it stays like that I'm probably not going to go to the park.

Hopefully next year if the park opens earlier next year they will spread out the events more so they don't all overlap like this weekend.

The forecast got better so I'm still going to try to get to the park.

I noticed GADV is having more and more multi special events to keep the park more crowded whenever it's open, and it's getting worse every year.

To the park "more crowded" means higher profits and better business. In the end that translates into bigger and better capital investments. In the long run we win.

I noticed GADV is having more and more multi special events to keep the park more crowded whenever it's open, and it's getting worse every year.

And attendance is not going up that significantly. With about 2.5 million guests a year, it is way off the 3-4 million they used to get years ago.

How was the attendance tonight? I couldn't go but I will brave the crowds tomorrow.

Not bad at all. I wanna say i got in the park around 545- almost 6 and went right onto ET,then 2 rides on RMT,Bizarro, skyway,skull,nitro and dark knight with no wait and left around 7-715ish because i wasn't feeling too well.

Edited by jdc12192

Hi guys! First post. Was stalking this forum/thread all week as I was highly anticipating CAD last night. Worked out great w/ the weather. Actually started raining just at 9:15 as we were walking out of the main gate. Crowds were really light and operations smooth and fast. Crowds so light at times it was eerie seeing it so empty yet open. Happy to get a few rides in on my faves and a first time ride on S:UF, as the line is always too long for me to be bothered to wait. Walked right on in front row. So fun. Glad I did it. Marathoned Nitro 5 times in a row right before closing, sat in last row the last three rides, including the last train of the night. Now only if they would do this event more often!

El Toro 2x
Bizarro 3x
Superman 1x
Nitro 5x