VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Evolution

29yrswithaGApass

• 2 months later...

Check out the video below. This guy is my hero... what an INCREDIBLE Lego model of Evolution (which is even better than the one removed from Youtube above)! Be sure to watch the whole thing, especially the night lighting scene that starts at 2:30. The lighting patterns are EXACTLY what Great Adventure use to have when the ride was at our park.

Bmax, I completely concur. VARIETY brought the people to GA in the 70s and early 80s. I live about 20 minutes from Magic Mountain. Every time I drive past it, all I see are roller coasters all over the place. Love roller coasters (all kinds), but I'm looking at more variety when paying those kind of ticket prices. When the guys put up these spotlights of some of those classic rides in GA's history, it brings a great big smile.

There's a link I posted in the history of other parks here that shows that SFMM used to have some really cool non coaster rides, seems like SFGAdv and SFMM are in the same boat. Both have lots of coasters but lacking in family flat rides. In Lampoon's Vacation you can see SFMM's old skyride in Wally World.

• 7 months later...

Check out the video below. This guy is my hero... what an INCREDIBLE Lego model of Evolution (which is even better than the one removed from Youtube above)! Be sure to watch the whole thing, especially the night lighting scene that starts at 2:30. The lighting patterns are EXACTLY what Great Adventure use to have when the ride was at our park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h4-HBCurl0&feature=player_embedded

During the first few seconds of this video the model's cars raise up as the main arm retracts into itself. This motion didn't occur at Great Adventure but looking at the photo below it seems like the ride surely could have if it was programmed to do so. It seems the arm is permanently retracted. Interesting.

19990235%20copy.jpg

• 1 year later...

According to Six Flags St.Louis' webpage, Xcalibur (aka Evolution) is closed:

Xcalibur
Experience a royal rush as you watch the past and future collide on Xcalibur. This exciting, time-warped excursion harkens you back to yon the glory days of King Arthur's Round Table. Prepare thyself for the slinging action of a catapult, combined with wildly looping mayhem.

Xcalibur is temporarily closed.

• Dangle in a gondola from a giant spinning wheel
  • While in the gondola, get catapulted 113 feet in the air
  • Repeat the Xtreme journey on the way back

XCALIBUR BY THE NUMBERS

Height Restrictions min. 54" Ride Category Thrill (More like this) Introduced Spring 2003 Height over 11-story tall Number of Gondolas 16 Capacity Per Ride 64 Manufacturer Nauta Bussnik Baily

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/31/2019 at 9:31 PM, Medusa42 said:

It is rumored that the ride will have a DC Comics name/theme when it reopens in 2020.

Joker's Wildcard? They don't have a Joker coaster so its possible as Fiesta Texas used that for their Zamperla Discovery

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Can't always trust a Six Flags website since Mind Eraser, Rodeo and all of Thomas Town isn't on Six Flags America's website. But St. Louis has everything labeled as reopening 2023, and I feel Xcalibur rarely opens, it was closed when I went for a couple days in 2021 and 2022, might have hit it at the wrong time, but still it was middle of the summer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2023 at 12:38 AM, jollyroger said:

Can't always trust a Six Flags website since Mind Eraser, Rodeo and all of Thomas Town isn't on Six Flags America's website. But St. Louis has everything labeled as reopening 2023, and I feel Xcalibur rarely opens, it was closed when I went for a couple days in 2021 and 2022, might have hit it at the wrong time, but still it was middle of the summer.

Not that I would care if Mind Eraser was ..... erased from Six Flags America. Maybe it went to rehab ....

• 2 months later...