VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Batman: The Ride

Batman: The Ride's Track Color  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which color track do you prefer for Batman?

• Black
    • Yellow

Nice spotlight. I did not get to see Batman's glory days as I was still a too young to ride it the first few years it was open. When it was repainted for 04 it was a shame they removed the junk and cop car. After the cop car was removed it was used in the hayride for a few years. Ever notice the old bumper cars under the brake run inside the station?

Once again another amazing spotlight by you guys on a ride that was truly what this park is about and that is the newest and best in coasters. I remember the glory days, but it was nice to see it in pictures again to remember how elaborate everything was decked out for the first portion of its lifetime. When I began going to the park again the ride was already outfitted with it's new color scheme with a lot of the props like the squad car gone so it was nice to see them all again in their proper places. Bravo!! :)

The park has always been able to themer the heck out of a ride or other attraction when they deemed it appropriate and it usually results in quite the ride experience overall. Maybe they will decide someday to bring some of this ride's theming back to it because that would be awesome. Considering it has been such a workhorse for GA over the years, Batman really deserves to look it's finest :)

It is something GAdv has done often, theme a ride and after a few years remove the theming props. Look at all the props The Right Stuff building used to have and how the outside of Chiller's station used to have all those lightning tubes.

I think the black track definately gives the ride the darker feel that was intended since it was based around the movies and not the cartoon series or anything else. While the yellow certainly makes the track stand out and highlighted, I think the darker feel to Batman is exactly what is needed. And now with the Dark Knight looking like it is going to have a very dark feel to it as well the black on Batman would have been even more fitting

Well done, I grew up with Batman: The Ride as the first major roller coaster that I saw go from concept to existence. I feel like it's lacking it's original spirit from earlier days, the theming of the junkyard and cop car being taken out just kills it. The fading wall of Gotham Public Works could use some retouching as well. Not being repainted it's original black took away from it too, the mystery was sapped and makes it seem more tame than it actually is!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Quick question for anyone out there today. Now this may just be me not really noticing something my last visit to the park, but when getting onto the queue for Batman:The Ride I happened to notice all of the "construction"-esque walls that were in place with the building a better Gotham or something of that nature on them. How long have these things been up. I don't know if I have just been completely oblivious to them up to this point, have not noticed them due to crowds in the queues before, or if they are relatively new and part of the theme with The Dark Knight opening soon with the better Gotham campaigns associated with Harvey Dent's character. Any insights you guys have would be greatly appreciated as I do tend to overlook stuff like this and then find myself completely surprised by something that is not that new. Thanks guys!

Quick question for anyone out there today. Now this may just be me not really noticing something my last visit to the park, but when getting onto the queue for Batman:The Ride I happened to notice all of the "construction"-esque walls that were in place with the building a better Gotham or something of that nature on them. How long have these things been up. I don't know if I have just been completely oblivious to them up to this point, have not noticed them due to crowds in the queues before, or if they are relatively new and part of the theme with The Dark Knight opening soon with the better Gotham campaigns associated with Harvey Dent's character. Any insights you guys have would be greatly appreciated as I do tend to overlook stuff like this and then find myself completely surprised by something that is not that new. Thanks guys!

I am not sure if these are the walls you are referring to but the construction walls in this photo have been up since 1993.

19930142.jpg

I think you are right now that I think about it which just shows how little attention I have paid while going on that ride especially since most of the theming has dissapeared. Our ride last night was one of the few we have taken on Batman in recent years and most trips up the queue involved us in conversations about things. Wow that is slightly embarrasing to realize I have been so oblivious for so long :Oops: