VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Could Green Lantern become a floorless like Mantis?

Hey why not add floor less trains? If mantis/rougarou turns into a success I could see GA jumping at the opportunity to do the same. We did retheme medusa to bizarro and (I assume) we are still planning on turning batman to NATMAB which we will obviously market as a "new" ride. You wouldn't need to retheme GL but I could see people not minding since a lot of people are fed up with the super hero themed rides. So my point being... Why not?

How much exactly would new trains even cost?

I think Apocalypse at SF America and Georgia Scorcher would benefit with floorless trains even though they only have two inversions each. If GL got modified then corporate won't see the need for Bizarro or to have two floorless coasters in one park. If GL were to get floorless trains its only because Bizarro would be moving to a new park, or vise versa (which would be okay with me, send GL off and keep Bizarro) :-) . ( It would be a win win for them but not so much for us). I don't mind having it the way it is now. I don't care much for stand ups but it offers variety for our coaster line up.

I also say it's a bit early for them to change GL. Maybe in a couple of years they'll consider it, but it's still a "new" ride for many. I'd love a change to sit-down trains, and It would be nice to see them walk away from the superhero theming. And yes, shockwave at KD is a nightmare. The transitions are brutal to begin with, and it being a standup makes it 10x worse. At least GL has nice, silky smooth B&M transitions, and it's only the trains that make it rough

Edited by KK456
  • Like 1

well, it would no longer be "stand up to your fear". Mantis was hard on the head but not on the legs, Green Lantern is rough on the legs but not so much the head. My friend was wearing earings on mantis and her ears were bleeding after the ride. I think it's too soon to change Green Lantern. It would be a shame to change Bizarro since it was the first ever floorless. Can't Green Lantern be a regular sit down?

The roughness on the head depends on how tall you are. Shorter people will have a smoother ride. But put in tall people like me, and you get a headache on that ride. I literally have to put my hands on the side of my head so it doesn't hurt as much. The corkscrews are brutal to me. But my brother, who is shorter than I, says it's not so rough on the head, but he still says his ankles hurt. It's not a sharp pain, but a pressurized pain on the ankles due to the g-forces put on them. I think they should leave bizarro as-is and make GL a sit-down.

^^Yeah I know that. But Im not sure if repainting it made it a bit smoother because I never rode it when it was Chang. I like to call relocated rides "new" with the quotation marks instead of used :D. But then again, I rode GL within the opening month, and it was already a bit rattly.

^It's not just six flags who does that, but Six Flags really emphasizes that it's a new ride lol. And they do a pretty good job at it, because for the most part, the GP doesn't know it was a relocation.

Edited by KK456

^Would be cool but the heartline difference in the two types of trains are too drastically different for it to be possible. I believe the heartline of a standup is about 1.5 meters, and for a wingrider, 0.5 meters. The ride would be VERY different. It might be possible, but it would be rather complex

• 2 weeks later...