VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Could Green Lantern become a floorless like Mantis?

Rumors have been going around that cedar point is going to transform their mantis rollercoaster into a floorless coaster. Now you know if that works out six flags is surely going to copy and try to do it to every stand up they have. And in our case, the rumors about bizarro leaving, this could come true for us. Personally i think it is an awful idea (for out park) because we have an amazing floorless coaster already and bizarro will just become a relocated ride. What does anyone else think about this idea?

I wouldn't want to see it happen. If Green Lantern had gone to SFGAM like originally planned or to another park without a floorless coaster I think it would have been a good idea. I'd rather just see Green Lantern remain a stand up coaster and for the park to keep Bizarro.

• Like 1

^^ I think making GL a sit down would be a great idea. I found it to be a great forceful ride, the only problem being that standing up put all those forces onto your feet which made it painful. If it was a sit down then it could have the forces but also be comfortable ride.

^ Why is that? There's no reason they couldn't have GL as a sit down (with a floor) and Bizarro (floorless) together. As long as they're both good on maintenance and people ride them they would both stay.

Edited by RC98

Between the pain in the legs or feet and the sometimes long load times (people not standing), I think Green Lantern should be a sit down coaster. The standing does add to the thrill though.

The only thing they would have to change is the whole "stand up to your fear" slogan. Honestly you could name a hundred slogans in a few minutes.. "Face your fear" "fight your fear" "beware my power"

As cool as it was to stand up, since I've never been on one before, I really think everyone would have a better ride experience if it was a floor less sit down coaster. And why couldn't they just keep bizarro as well? I'm perfectly fine with two sit down coasters

Funny thought: If GA had built Green Lantern before the whole Medusa/Bizarro theme switch I think it would've been cool is GL turned into Bizarro since it is right next to Superman after all and Medusa could've stayed Medusa which a lot of people preferred

The only thing they would have to change is the whole "stand up to your fear" slogan. Honestly you could name a hundred slogans in a few minutes.. "Face your fear" "fight your fear" "beware my power"

As cool as it was to stand up, since I've never been on one before, I really think everyone would have a better ride experience if it was a floor less sit down coaster. And why couldn't they just keep bizarro as well? I'm perfectly fine with two sit down coasters

but in six flags' eyes its just another way to do the coaster relocation program

I'm so tired of hearing about the "coaster relocation program" There hasn't been that many SF rides that have been apart of it.

Granted there's a few:

Green Lantern "Chang"

Apocalypse "Iron Wolf"

Goliath "Deja Vu"

Boomerang "Flashback"

Gotham City Gauntlet "Road Runner Express"

(I may have missed something)

But that's nothing to really be concerned about.. These rides aren't that big of thrills or they were from Kentucky Kingdom. I don't think Bizarro is going anywhere. Bizarro is home.

im just not a fan. Between this and Mantis, I find stand up coasters to just be uncomfortable rides. I road it once last year and have no desire to ever ride it again. Unless I am able to walk rite on the ride, I would not wait more then 5 mins but I feel the same way about Superman as well.

Not to mentio most of the people you see don't even stand up, they end up sitting down on the "bike seat"

In my opinion, the Green Lantern is one of the most uncomfortable roller coasters I have been on. I've rode it 4 times (once in each of my last 4 visits). The last time I rode it, I felt a small pain in my leg during and after the ride. I know it is a stand-up coaster, and it sometimes it is very uncomfortable to stand up straight because there is little space next to you. I would rather it be a sit-down coaster.

Ok, I have been wondering about this and by all means correct me if I am wrong. I am no engineer by any standards but I could swear I have read that the elements on a stand up coaster vs a sit down are designed differently to account for body positioning. Is it as easy as just slapping sit down trains on a stand up designed coaster? Is it going to be as "comfortable" as coaster designed to be a sit down?

Theoretically it would make the ride MORE rideable. The problem with standup coasters has always been that the movement is magnified because of the increase in distance between where your head is and the track. Moving closer to the track helps solve that problem. What they should have done was either an inverted standup or a wing standup so your head is closer to the track which would make the ride easier to take.

The idea of making GL floorless would be ridiculous since the park already has a floorless. They could just add sitdown trains to it and just make it a nice, intense sitdown coaster (similar to Kumba at BGT).

ah ok, I wasnt exactly sure of the details but that makes sense. When I road GL I felt more of a feeling of blacking out more then any other coaster I have been on. I can see it as a sit down being more enjoyable.

Actually batman gets me good these days too.

Make Bizzaro a sit down and swap the floorless over to GL. That's a good way to change it up even tho the station components need to be swaped over

Edited by Mrpq

Think of it like this, if you put your elbow on a surface and wave your arm back and forth, the further from your elbow you get the wider the swing. You hand would be like your head on a floorless, with each slight movement of the track being magnified by the distance. What is just a slight movement near the bottom becomes a wide ranging movement at the top.

I personally think the idea of converting this to a sit down coaster would be awesome. That'd make for a great ride. Would it ever happen though? Most likely not. It'd be hard to market that even if the ride got the "Bizzarro" treatment.