VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Could Green Lantern become a floorless like Mantis?

It would be cool if they changed GL to a sit down and then added some on board audio to the train like Bizarro used to have: Have green lantern talk to you while battling Parallax. People always complain that some of our rides are just mediocre. But if we took what we already have and added more theming to them. Audio, visual effects, or whatever.. That that could really change someone's opinion on that ride. When Medusa turned into Bizarro it definitely attracted a lot of attention to that ride. I know it's not as popular ATM but Bizarro still has that "it" factor with all the lights n effects. Same with TDK yes it's a wild mouse, but it's a wild mouse with a bit more. I think it would be cool if they took a year and just, how can I say this "Upgraded" some of our rides. A little theming goes a long way. They're turning Batman backwards so you know just that one little thing can bring so much attention to a ride that's 21 years old :D

I am now incredibly scared that we will be getting this instead of a new roller coaster next year....This is what we should have got this year!! The loop on GL would be SO awesome if it was a sit-down coaster. But because you have to stand, I end up trying to sit down on the bike seat, and that does not end well for a male XD

It would be ridiculous to make it a floorless. Also, B&M sitdown coasters have all but died out, which is unfortunate. They are awesome and would make Green Lantern a lot better and more comfortable.

Edited by KK456

^Actually the opposite would happen. It would become a much smoother ride. Basically the concept is that the farther your head is from the track, the more rough the transitions. Since you stand up on GL, the heartline is relativity high, resulting in rough transitions regardless of how new it is. But with sitdown trains, the hearline is lower, resulting in a MUCH smoother ride.It would also eliminate the ridiculous amount of head-boxing GL has for the most part, as the forces are focused at a lower point. For example, put your elbow on the ground and move it side to side just a little. Even though your elbow moves just slightly, your hand will move much farther. The lower you are, the smoother the transition.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's official. Mantis will be changed to a floorless coaster for 2015 and will be renamed Rougarou! The colors will be orange track with teal supports. This is AWESOME and I hope GL gets this treatment after a while when it gets old! (The floorless trains) I love this whole idea, 100%. What are your thoughts?

It will make an old ride much more popular, and did I mention how much more comfortable the whole experience would be? With new paint, it will look a lot newer. It's like what we got with Bizarro, but medusa was never as rough to begin with. This is only an improvement!

Edited by KK456
  • Like 1

Put floorless trains on GL and normal sit down trains on Bizzaro. Would be a cool change up if you as me. GAD already has all the pieces it needs. swap the floorless trains and station platforms to GL and get some sit down trains to put on Bizzaro

I'd put sit down trains on GL and keep Bizarro. We don't have a sit down looper right now and we have no reason to get rid of any more coasters.

I just realized this thread and the Mantis going floorless thread were merged so that's why both of my posts are in the same thread.

Edited by RC98

I'm just glad it's not going to Dorney. It should be a good change for the park since I have heard Mantis is rougher than Green Lantern,

I have always thought that Mantis was smoother than GL...even my daughter thought so (not as much head banging and did not hurt our legs like GL does) but it has been a few years since we rode Mantis so I know coasters can change.

I'd put sit down trains on GL and keep Bizarro. We don't have a sit down looper right now and we have no reason to get rid of any more coasters.

I just realized this thread and the Mantis going floorless thread were merged so that's why both of my posts are in the same thread.

I agree also, put sit down trains on GL and keep Bizarro. Nothing is wrong with Bizarro.

Edited by robertleax

lol. That coaster was old though. Bizarro is still relatively ok. It rattles a little, but it's still a good coaster. RT was way past its time though. Not saying it should have been removed, but it makes more sense than Bizarro

Let's face it, if the park redid Green Lantern with new trains we would hear the same type of complaints as when the new attraction for 2009 was Medusa redone as Bizarro. And if some people don't think GL counts as an addition to the park because it is "used" than changing trains definitely won't fly.

I basically agree except changing Medusa to Bizarro was adding new theming and audio and not the physicality of the ride experience. If I had to change a ride it would be Green Lantern because I feel a sit down experience would be a smoother ride (and a reminder of Great American Scream Machine)... But since we have had Green Lantern for only a few years now I believe it is too early to change the ride. My kids and I will just ride it once or twice (like this year) a year. But for many it's still a "new" ride experience for them... Hey it was my son's first (and only) stand up and my daughter and I have rode worse (Shockwave at Kings Dominion)

Oops I forgot my son rode Apocalypse at Six Flags America last year.

Edited by robertleax

And if some people don't think GL counts as an addition to the park because it is "used" than changing trains definitely won't fly.

At least for me part of the reason I don't like the fact that it's used is that the ride itself (in being a stand up) is basically a 90s trend that died out over 10 years ago that isn't even that good, yet they were calling it new. If it had sit down trains it would fix the problem of being an outdated gimmick and make the ride more "worth it" at least to me.

• Like 1