VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Could Green Lantern become a floorless like Mantis?

couldn't they just use Bizarro's trains? it would save a lot and prevent the fact of 2 floorless coasters at the park (put a dueling RMC in Bizarro's place)

Not 100% sure. Rougarou's trains look lifted higher and tilted back more than the average floorless. I'm guessing this is to adjust for the different heartline of the standup layout.

I'd also rather not get rid of yet another coaster, simply to give GL floorless trains and cross our fingers hoping we use the Bizarro plot to its maximum potential.

^Rougarou's trains are indeed slightly modified to accommodate the higher heartline. Shame they couldn't install the newer Banshee style vest restraints but I read somewhere that they didnt want the train to be too wide.

I enjoy GL the way it is but if given the choice of what ride would be removed I would want to keep Bizarro.

couldn't they just use Bizarro's trains? it would save a lot and prevent the fact of 2 floorless coasters at the park (put a dueling RMC in Bizarro's place)

If this could be done it would only save the cost of the train not the cost of reconfiguring the station.

However, they do eliminate the headbanging problem that plagues a lot of OTSR (especially the large B&M version on standups) restraints, which is more than worth it in my opinion.

I would definitely be ok with the Banshee style restraints on GL, but the train does have to be slightly wider to accommodate the restraints

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Shame they couldn't install the newer Banshee style vest restraints but I read somewhere that they didnt want the train to be too wide.

My problem with the Banshee type of restraints is that, I'm not big at all, and it makes it hard to move, and breath in those restraints because it is so tight.

^The thing is though, some coasters with those restraints have versions that lock before the dispatch, and some have versions that can move/stretch during the whole ride. The locking ones are painful from what I've heard, but the free ones are much better.

Another reason to Use Bizzaro's train's, Six Flags is not lined with B&M (and Cedar Fair is not lined with Intiman-doesn't directly help but important fact) so if they watch Cedar Fair close enough, they should be able to figure out how to do it, not that it should be difficult but its better to learn from experts.

It's illegal for parks to tinker with the operation of rides like that. B&M has to do the engineering of the station, Six Flags is not allowed to just modify the ride operation/station. Any lawsuits would make B&M no longer responsible.

Not to mention, the rides have different heart lines. Bizarro' strains would not work correctly on Green Lantern. Rougarou has specially destined trains that sit higher on the chassis than Bizarro.

It's illegal for parks to tinker with the operation of rides like that. B&M has to do the engineering of the station, Six Flags is not allowed to just modify the the ride

I don't believe this is true. It does open them up to lawsuits if something goes wrong, but as long as the modifications pass inspection I do believe they can perform them. For example, Universal designed Hulk's launch system in-house.

With that said, SF would never do it. They would definitely outsource the work.

Edited by Nitro1118

I don't believe this is true. It does open them up to lawsuits if something goes wrong, but as long as the modifications pass inspection I do believe they can perform them. For example, Universal designed Hulk's launch system in-house.

absolutely no . you can not move even a sensor of 10 cm, without the permission of B & M, Intamin or Vekoma. let alone put a train florless on a stand up