VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Could Green Lantern become a floorless like Mantis?

I'll put my feet down just to feel the forces sometimes, and i can hold my own weight on it standing the whole ride without it hurting my knee's or legs at all. But changing the way you ride, changes the ride experience. I do it just to "mix it up" and keep the ride "fresh" to me and keep it fun.

EDIT: Off topic, but I found out there's a place in the queue that you can photobomb the on-ride camera! I gotta try that next time I go! You know, for laughs :D

It's in the flash pass queue, which stems from the bottom of the exit stairs. Just stand in the corner as close as you can get to the yellow loop.

I honestly don't see what's good about Bazarro. The coolest park of GL is the drop, which feels cool even though it's not that steep, and the HUGE loop, which would feel incredible if I were sitting down.

Bizarro is the first floorless coaster ever built and also has a huge loop. I also like Bizarro's drop better.

He never mentioned anything about Bizarro being the best? Why cant we look at the bright side of things and accept that, IF Green Lantern were to be become floorless, we would have two stellar floorless rollercoasters in our park?

He never mentioned anything about Bizarro being the best? Why cant we look at the bright side of things and accept that, IF Green Lantern were to be become floorless, we would have two stellar floorless rollercoasters in our park?

Unfortunately that wouldn't happen they probably would remove Bizarro and want to have only one in the park.

Holiday World has 3 wooden coasters. Nothing wrong with that. I don't see the problem with having 2 floorless models in one park, the coasters are already similar beside the trains. I personally wouldn't care, but if that were to be a problem they could always install sitdown trains. That would give us a traditional looper, and bring reminders of GASM a little

Green Lantern and Bizarro are too similar to both be floorless. Sit down could work on GL, but it would still be too similar to Bizarro.

Personally, I've had no problems whatsoever on Green Lantern other than the harness being set too tight on occasion. I do bike quite a bit, which could be why I don't experience any leg pain after it.

I look at it this way. There is no better spot on "Bizarro" than the 1st row, on that Coaster it really make a difference in my opinion. I think that front row mean's more than any other one in the Park except maybe Ka, depend's on your opinion really. The view you have sitting above the Track, and being so "open" with the Floorless Trains is like no other in the park. It's like your a Hood Ornament on an old Car. With the element's that "Bizarro" has, it really adds to that, it was designed that way. When your coming up on the "in-line twist" so high above the ground in the front row, it's still always "oh,s*%t" moment after all these year's. Now if you take that line of thought, the element's on "Green Lantern" are a little different, especially the corkscrew's. They are way more longer, and spread out, not as tight as "Bizarro's". That's beacause they were designed with a higher center of gravity. You can't really do "in-line twist's" on Stand-up"s either, the lateral forces would be way too much with that high of a center of Gravity. But i just think making "Green Lantern" a floorless, would be a floorless that's not as good as "Bizarro", and what's the point if that's the case.

^Howerver, GL has higher positive g's than Bizarro, and the layout is a bit more intense. People were saying that Rougarou was very intense having previously been a standup. They also say while it's a great floorless now, it's not the best one (for some reason people go crazy for Kraken). I'm really not sure what the experience would be like unless I actually rode it with the floorless trains, but I think while the experience would be a bit dampened for the reasons Railer said above, the intensity of the layout would make up for it

^Howerver, GL has higher positive g's than Bizarro, and the layout is a bit more intense. People were saying that Rougarou was very intense having previously been a standup. They also say while it's a great floorless now, it's not the best one (for some reason people go crazy for Kraken). I'm really not sure what the experience would be like unless I actually rode it with the floorless trains, but I think while the experience would be a bit dampened for the reasons Railer said above, the intensity of the layout would make up for it

Krakens amazing dude, that's why (my favorite floorless coaster I've ridden) But Green Lanterns drop would be pretty unique floorless when I really think about it, if they were to change it to a floorless coaster I would want them to theme the ride up a little bit, and if they do remove Bizarro, replace it with a dive machine or a wingrider.

I don't get the fascination with switching GL to floorless. Pretty much everyone here wants to see a brand new coaster, family flats, a JL dark ride and sweeping park improvements...switching the trains on GL would cost a few million and probably include a retheme that would add a couple million more to that pricetag. Why waste the budget on a 20 year old relocated standup conversion when, one, we already have a floorless and, two, our multi-flawed park is already working with a tight budget?

I don't get the fascination with switching GL to floorless. Pretty much everyone here wants to see a brand new coaster, family flats, a JL dark ride and sweeping park improvements...switching the trains on GL would cost a few million and probably include a retheme that would add a couple million more to that pricetag. Why waste the budget on a 20 year old relocated standup conversion when, one, we already have a floorless and, two, our multi-flawed park is already working with a tight budget?

I don't believe it would cost "A couple million". The entire Dark Knight coaster cost like 7 million, so I don't think 2 trains would cost millions. I think we should have done this conversion instead of El Diablo.

Edited by YoungPup

I don't believe it would cost "A couple million". The entire Dark Knight coaster cost like 7 million, so I don't think 2 trains would cost millions. I think we should have done this conversion instead of El Diablo.

I've heard Bizarro at SFNE's new trains cost an upward of $2-3M. Trains aren't just a few hundred thousand.

^^A new coaster, JL dark ride, flats and general improvements are very likely over the next 5 years.

Three new B&M floor less trains would absolutely cost upwards of $3 million--not including a potential retheme/repaint. I believe this number was tossed around by Cedar Point execs, and the Fury 325 trains were $1 million apiece.

I don't remember the exact source, though it was confirmed in a report from a Fury construction tour in late winter.

It's also more involved than just putting new trains on the track. They'd have to convert the station to accomidate floorless trains as well. The price tag would run more than just a couple of million.

Nobody complained when they announced Batman Backwards... But making GL a floor less is suddenly a huge topic for debate?

Woah just had a crazy idea (and before everyone rips it apart let me make it clear its just a fun idea not to be taken seriously.), but what if for a season they switched the trains of Bizarro for GL?! Wouldn't that be insane?!!

Nobody complained when they announced Batman Backwards... But making GL a floor less is suddenly a huge topic for debate?

Woah just had a crazy idea (and before everyone rips it apart let me make it clear its just a fun idea not to be taken seriously.), but what if for a season they switched the trains of Bizarro for GL?! Wouldn't that be insane?!!

The difference is Namtab cost very little investment money since the modified trains are being passed around from park to park. Purchasing brand new trains, modifying an existing station and a probable re-theme will run the park millions and delay other, more necessary improvements.