VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Could Green Lantern become a floorless like Mantis?

• 2 months later...

I can't see them switching it to a floorless whileBizarro is still at the park. It just doesn't make sense.

I honestly think it would be great as a normal sit down coaster, but I still don't think that conversion would happen, atleast not anytime soon.

Green Lantern has as it is now has got to be my most hated stand up coaster. Every time I ride it, I get my head banged around in the harness and the pressure on my knees is just too uncomfortable. I thought mantis was a decent ride as a stand up, but it will be amazing as a floorless. I wonder if they'll run three trains on it again.

• 1 month later...

There's nothing wrong with two floor less coasters. If we got another hyper nobody would complain that we already have nitro, if we got another wooden nobody would complain that we already have el toro.

There are other parts out there with two hyper coasters. Look at Hershey they have 3 woodies. 4 if you count lightning racers toe tracks

There's a difference between coasters in the same height or material classification than type of gimmick or train configuration.

Two floorless coasters would seem a little redundant, especially given they are comparable in terms of height and speed, as well as some of the inversions.

Two hypers, or a hyper and a giga, are very different. The ride styles are completely unique. Cedar Point has two hypers in the traditional sense, but they are totally different rides. CP did not have a floorless coaster before, so the conversion is reasonable. Yes, a dive coaster would be floorless, but the ride experience is unique. The same cannot be said for Green Lantern/Bizarro.

Green lantern would make a great fit for great escape! They can tear down the unused sky coaster, and there's tons of room there for GL, also if they decided on spending more, they could even get floorless for the park, I would personally love to see that, great escape is underrated! It's got some decent rides.

• 5 months later...

You guys who are against them changing the trains, are crazy. Standing up sucks, it hurts your neck, and it hurts your legs. I don't go on GL BECAUSE it's stand up, and every single time I go to GA, I'll always say to my brother "Green Lantern would be SO awesome if it were sit down". Bizarro is not GL, just because they would have the same trains, doesn't make them the same ride!

Exactly ^ changing the trains into a floorless coaster could only help the ride. It's not like people are gonna say "oh, it's not stand up anymore so Im not going to go on it!" People who go to the park know it's rough. My friends and I and constantly skipping Green Lantern bc it's not worth the pain. They should legit just repaint it red, white, and blue and rename it The Great American Scream Machine. Actually! That's not a bad idea for when they finally add the floor less trains lol.

I guess I just don't understand. I've never been on a rough run of green lantern. The only part that stands out is the entrance to the incline loop which puts pressure on your legs, but not enough to bother anyone who's in moderately good shape. The bits of air when leaning up on the drops is a lot of fun.

LOL well I don't think its fair to say that Green Lantern wont bother someone who is in moderately good shape. I'm in awful shape and it doesn't bother me. I enjoy the ride. I think Green Lantern will have a deferent effect on different people. Some people will hurt, some people will be dizzy, some people may feel both, and some people will have no negative effects from the ride.

Personally I don't mind Green Lantern as much as many other enthusiasts, but that could be because I'm a little too familiar with Apocalypse at Six Flags America these days. Green Lantern is infinitely smoother than Apocalypse--that being said, I don't ride Green Lantern when I'm at the park unless I'm with someone that wants to and its a walk on.

The incline loop puts pressure on your legs, but not enough to bother anyone who's in moderately good shape.

Not true AT ALL. I'm in very very good shape (I just turned 18 though, so I'm probably average) and it hurts my legs really bad. Maybe you're just like 3'9" and your legs are build like rocks.

Green Lantern hurts my ears (banging around), hurts my son's legs and my daughters knees. So I guess it depends on the person.

I ride Green Lantern as if i'm riding a bike. Once you "adjust" so you don't crush anything, i totally "give in" to the seat and let it support me. For laugh's sometimes we'll "run" while riding like the Train is a Car from the Flintstone's.

• Like 1

Yeah GL is a painful experience for me nearly every time. It's very smooth as far as standup coasters go, but it's the god-awful trains that ruin everything. B&M OTSR's on these things go above your head so you get a lot of headbanging, especially on the brutal second half of the ride. It is also very, very painful on the legs because of the standing up. I think they shouldn't have had such high g's when all those g's are being focused on your legs. Floorless/ Sitdown trains completely eliminate this problem of pain. Unfortunately though this doesn't solve the headbanging too well because floorless/sitdown restraints are only slightly smaller, unless B&M designed a Gen 2 floorless or sitdown train with the new Banshee-style vest restraints.

For now I completely avoid GL as it's not worth the pain. People are saying good things about Rougarou at CP so if they ever go the same route, I'd be all for it and would definitely ride a lot.

EDIT: Off topic, but I found out there's a place in the queue that you can photobomb the on-ride camera! I gotta try that next time I go! You know, for laughs :D

Edited by KK456

I ride Green Lantern as if i'm riding a bike. Once you "adjust" so you don't crush anything, i totally "give in" to the seat and let it support me. For laugh's sometimes we'll "run" while riding like the Train is a Car from the Flintstone's.

I've definitely done that before. Sometimes if my restraint has room I'll lean off of my feet for the drops to get air.