VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

I've seen a dozen coaster models contradicted and deemed unfit for the park in this post alone..

I want a dueling launched wooden roller coaster with and "original" layout and the largest loop in the country with loads of airtime, banked turns, and even fire shooting effects! Would that be acceptable by everyone?? We can call it: OH S@#T! Since Goliath is too tacky

I've seen a dozen coaster models contradicted and deemed unfit for the park in this post alone..

I want a dueling launched wooden roller coaster with and "original" layout and the largest loop in the country with loads of airtime, banked turns, and even fire shooting effects! Would that be acceptable by everyone?? We can call it: OH S@#T! Since Goliath is too tacky

Nope, not unless half the train is backwards seated.

• Like 1

I really dont mind anything new. Coaster,Flat, Show...Its all good. Progress is a good thing, But my biggest beef. Is that while doing this much of what made us great in the beginning is slowly being taken away. SOme of the things that make other parks great is while introducing new. Then also rehab and relocate their old as well. CP does it, Removes attractions only to have them rehabed and the return them to serve. Kennywood does, Holiday World, to name a few. What ever were getting. It will be a draw for how long who knows. ANd seeing how were out of the one upum game for a while. Off the shelf thank-you. kinda park. Hello Larson, anything new? Focus needs to return to the park it self. Land scaping, Lighting, Buildings, creating a place that guests want to go do. (not talking Ive taken 20 rides on this, 10 on that,) Im talking to see a show, eat and spend money not what can I get for my meal pass.Or Im bringing my 32 oz refill. All that shouldnt matter. It does not help the bottom line. Example for every 24 oz Coke product Disney sells that you pay 3.25 for Disney makes 3 Bucks. Same with pop corn Orvel gives them the carts and pop corn, and they sell it for 2.50 and make 2.25 on each one sold, Before I get yelled at here. Im all for seasons passes. Dinning meals Etc. But come on everyone every now and then spend a buck. spend a day as a guest. Ive always have had the passes but also eat in the park, bought drinks, and goodies. Beacuse this is were they make there profilt to inprove the park. Just my last thought on this subject.

Edited by FlumeOp1974
  • Like 1

Im all for seasons passes. Dinning meals Etc. But come on everyone every now and then spend a buck. spend a day as a guest. Ive always have had the passes but also eat in the park, bought drinks, and goodies. Beacuse this is were they make there profilt to inprove the park. Just my last thought on this subject.

That doesn't make much sense. They're obviously making money off these dining passes, or else they would've stopped selling them. My family just got the dining passes, and went yesterday, and we love them :) And we never have to bring extra food anymore.

Actually no they dont. Disney meal deals dont. None of them do. After youve used it a few times Your eatting free. And the Parks come to count on your "other" purchases. Example you pay 60.00 bucks for a pass. And then amother 25.00 for the dinning, and parking pass 25.00. total outlay 110.00 Daily guest paying full boat Parking 25.00, gate 60.00. food Lunch, dinnner, snacks, drinks another 50.00, plus odds and ends 60.00..They just spent 210.00 for one person. take away parking and add 3 for your average family were at a total outlay 480.00. in just one day. And thats not even with a flashpass.

Edited by FlumeOp1974

They are using the SP deals to attract the lower middle class to come to the park, as well as entice people to come back for multiple visits. They are banking on people either not visiting enough to make the meal plan worthwhile, or hoping if they come back enough times they can sucker those people into other upcharges (upcharge rides, games, non-meal plan food, merchandise, flash pass, etc... ).

A lot of people don't even know about the meal plan, or don't think they will visit enough to make it worth it. Considering how jacked up the prices are for everything, I'm sure the last few years the park has been breaking records on profit per customer after entering the park.

• Like 1

I think the thought is that the meal plans mostly generate spending from folks who would otherwise not spend anything. Because of how cheap Six Flags passes are, a large contingent of guests has developed who visit very frequently and have figured out how to spend as little as possible when they do. If SF can get another $90 out of them per season, and give them, say $50 worth of food, that's a win.

I think the thought is that the meal plans mostly generate spending from folks who would otherwise not spend anything. Because of how cheap Six Flags passes are, a large contingent of guests has developed who visit very frequently and have figured out how to spend as little as possible when they do. If SF can get another $90 out of them per season, and give them, say $50 worth of food, that's a win.

Exactly. I think FlumeOP thinks that the food is really worth $11.99, when in reality, it's probably not costing them more than $2.

From 2008 - 2012, I bought a total of 3 meals at the park because I refused to pay the prices the park was charging and timed my trips around meal times, either eating before I went to the park or waiting until I left and went to Wawa afterwards. I have bought the dining pass every year since it's been offered and the park has gotten a couple hundred dollars total from the 3 years it has been offered compared to the $0 they would have gotten from me for food. I still see many people paying cash for the food so it probably all balances out. Someone in line in front of me a couple of months ago bought 1 slice of pizza (no fries) and a small soda and their total was just over $10 with tax. I also spend money in the arcades every few trips to the park and usually buy some souvenirs at the end of the season when they have their clearance.

They are banking on people either not visiting enough to make the meal plan worthwhile, or hoping if they come back enough times they can sucker those people into other upcharges (upcharge rides, games, non-meal plan food, merchandise, flash pass, etc... ).

I also agree with this, there are people who buy the meal plan and probably only use it 2 - 4 times a season and lose money or break even.

^ Speaking of small sodas, I can't believe how small they are this year. The old small is now large, for, like, $4.29, and the only way to get more is to get a sport bottle (which has also shrunk considerably). I'm okay paying inflated prices a couple of times a season since I hate carrying the sport bottle around, but I want a lot of soda for my five bucks, and the old large was the perfect amount. I even wish they'd offer an XL for a few cents more or something.

I too noticed the that the sizes of soda has shrunk. I never use to mind buying a large because it was a pretty big serving but now it is just to small. Not that I've had to worry - I've had the sports bottle for the past five years or so. Surprisingly, today's bottles hold just as much as the recent past. The bottle have more of a contour now but the volume is the same.

^ Speaking of small sodas, I can't believe how small they are this year. The old small is now large, for, like, $4.29, and the only way to get more is to get a sport bottle (which has also shrunk considerably). I'm okay paying inflated prices a couple of times a season since I hate carrying the sport bottle around, but I want a lot of soda for my five bucks, and the old large was the perfect amount. I even wish they'd offer an XL for a few cents more or something.

It's $4.50! (Before tax)

^ Same here. I just tend to stay away from the crowd's this time of year. Before FB i would end up running out and leaving after a quick walkthru if it's mobbed. But now being able to check how the crowd's are, i end up not going as much this time of year. I am really curious to see how the crowd's are after fright Fest is over, and how it will be in the month of November. "Thanksgiving Meal Deal"???? This week i will run out for an update. May end up there tonight if the crowd's thin out after dinner time, they usually do on Sunday's. If not tonight, tomorrow or Tue.

The 4D rumor may or may not happen, RMC actually manufactures the tracks for the S&S 4D coasters, and RMC has four projects for 2016 (more than ever before) My point is they might be booked and Roar, Shotrod, Storm Chaser and Wildfire. Just a prediction that the S&S might not happen.

The 4D rumor may or may not happen, RMC actually manufactures the tracks for the S&S 4D coasters, and RMC has four projects for 2016 (more than ever before) My point is they might be booked and Roar, Shotrod, Storm Chaser and Wildfire. Just a prediction that the S&S might not happen.

That's true how are they making 5 coasters in 2016?

They have had that Track fabricated a long time ago most likely. And even if it wasn't, the "3 a year" rule has been gone ever since they moved and more than doubled their space. Don't anyone follow RMC?, they have stated it themselves on Facebook what they can handle now, and they have alot bigger plans for where they are taking the Coaster industry. And RMC don't do the build's on them anyway, they only fabricate the Track. S&S was on-site in Texas.

Edit : RMC was on-site for the build in Texas, along with people from S&S. I just started digging into all the info out there on the build of Batman.

Edited by Railer

The Park is open the last weekend of November, and wondering if they will do some kind of "special" for a Thanksgiving Dinner since i'm pretty sure the Season Dining Pass is expired then. They do special "meal deal's" like that on the 4th with the BBQ.

The Park is open the last weekend of November, and wondering if they will do some kind of "special" for a Thanksgiving Dinner since i'm pretty sure the Season Dining Pass is expired then. They do special "meal deal's" like that on the 4th with the BBQ.

Ah, maybe. Glad I did the Dining Membership.

Edited by YoungPup

Ah, maybe. Glad I did the Dining Membership.

If they have a Thanksgiving meal deal or whatever they will call it, you will probably have to pay separate for it. I remember last year i had the dining pass and when fright fest rolled around, you had to upgrade to the fright fest dining pass (or fall dining pass, whatever they called it) for an additional price.