VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags App

jonlee

I got an email from the advisory panel to take a survey about the new Six Flags app for smart phones and tablets. It asked what features I would like on an app. Few of them mentioned by them were use phone as pass or ticket, pre order food, play games on device and win prizes, share pictures, check in at park and rides to earn badges, interactive maps, ride info, fun facts, wait times, and to use your device as a Flash Pass.

I've used similar apps at cedar fair parks and Disney World and they worked great!

What should this app have?

I think it is Cinemark theaters that gives you a coupon for a free popcorn if you sign off your phone with their app before the movie and only turn it back on when the movie is over. It is done so movie-goers don't disturb others at the movie. Maybe they could do something similar with guests waiting for coasters to keep them off of their phones while on the rides.

Wait times would be great, it would save a lot of time walking to a ride entrance only to find the wait is longer than you are willing to wait.

Using the phone as a Flash Pass is good too so people no longer need to worry the actual Flash Pass unit if they have a smartphone. When I was at Lake Compounce a few years ago they had that system (the difference was there was a cost per ride and not for the day) and it worked well.

^True. I saw someone's iPhone literally fly off of El Toro a week ago. It hit the track then fell to it's doom. But then again, people already always bring teir phone along with them on rides.

For the interactive map/ride info idea, what if they had a "GPS" like function for rides in the park? For example, if I was at Bizarro and wanted to go to Zumanjaro, then I could put "Zumanjaro" into the function and it would draw a route on the map to the ride I selected, with an arrow on the path to represent where you are. It could be good for first time visitors or anyone who doesn't have the park's layout memorized. Just an idea I came up with, not sure how realistic it is

Glad to hear they're considering a new one given how useless the initial SF App was (circa 2011). Any and all of these functions would be great -- definitely would be a challenge to integrate with existing systems, but could make the park experience much better.

And Harry, great point on the Cinemark app -- that's a genius approach and, based on my anecdotal experience, makes a big difference in etiquette in their theaters versus others. I wonder what applications there are in an SF park.

When I went to King's Island last year, I used the app to find myself in the park. It worked most of the time (sometimes I didn't have coverage). I hit all the rides I wanted and had plenty of time to spare.

i have a windows phone and it has an app for our six flags that can do that, but its not available on iphone or android.

I have one also but I dont believe it gives wait times. I only used it at the beginning though and have not used it lately so I could be wrong

I have one also but I dont believe it gives wait times. I only used it at the beginning though and have not used it lately so I could be wrong

yeah it dosent have wait times, it just has a gps and a tracker for other people in their group. just i doubt there would be a group where everyone has windows phones, its pretty rare that you see someone with one.

yeah it dosent have wait times, it just has a gps and a tracker for other people in their group. just i doubt there would be a group where everyone has windows phones, its pretty rare that you see someone with one.

If the redo the Six Flags App, it need to work with all types of phones and the app should be able to go across all platforms. Not to many apps to but it can be done (ex: Words with Friends: I play with people on Iphones and Android). My wife has an Android and both my kids have Iphones so working across platforms (GPS/Friends tracker) would make it alot more useful.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

They always worked for me, ever since they were announced (and a little before). They only show up when you're in the park with your gps location on. Also, I don't remember if it was at that time, but the wait times were an exclusive beta for Gold Season pass holders. You needed to have a gold season pass in the app. Don't remember if or when that ended.