VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

GA Mystery Photos & Trivia

29yrswithaGApass

Yah, I generally don't favor a park on its rides alone but when I went to GAm, I felt like I stepped back in time to the mid 1980's. It doesn't hurt that the park is kind of layed out like Disneyland! ^_^

The only two current operating rides that I can think that were at SFGAdv and are now at SFGAm are Condor and Revolution. If I can take another guess, I might think the Arrow antique cars came from Great Adventure too, but I thought I read that they went to SFoG. Other than that, if I am missing something, it's probably a kiddie ride!

Ah, I do rescind my answer and change it to The Great Escape. They have the Speedtrap, Pepe LePew's boats and the Bugs Bunny Barnstormer from Bugs Bunny Land. And I forgot about my one time favorite coaster, Alpine Bobsled.

Edited by darkridedan

that mcdonalds was a total rip off when it was in the park. i understand that prices would be higher but six flags and mcdonalds were abusing the prices. they knew that every kid in the park would want to eat there. so the parents would pay to keep the kids from freaking out and atleast the knew they would eat it

QUESTION #35: The Garden of Marvels was located just off of Dream Street and opened in 1974. It was later replaced by a Miniature Golf Course. Why was Garden of Marvels removed?

gallery_2_189_1212390.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, the Garden of Marvels was removed because Great Adventure did not actually own the buildings, trains, boats, cars, people, etc. that comprised the miniature village. Great Adventure simply "hosted" the village which was leased from the family that actually created and owned it (I believe it was a six year lease). I could be wrong, but I believe the lease expired at the end of the 1979 operating season). As such, the miniature golf course replaced the miniature village's buildings for the 1980 season. I remember reading somewhere (and I can't recall where) that following their removal from Great Adventure they were returning home or the owners were looking for a new place to host the village (it's all rather vague in my mind).

I knew you would get this one Daved! You've got it! The contract was actually for five years and the miniature village was removed at the end of the 1978 season and the park's first miniature golf course was built in 1979.

The village actually didn't travel too far after it was removed, setting up shop in Washington NJ as an indoor attraction called Miniature Kingdom. It has since closed.

Nice job! :clap:

Watch for a Garden of Marvels Spotlight towards the end of September which will include about 150 photos of this unique attraction.

My Dad loved the "Garden of Marvels". I have no memory of its successor sadly. I do remember the entrances having the RC Carts, but wasn't further access blocked off? Were some of the mini-buildings utilized by the RC Boats from the mini-golf course or special?

Edited by Thunderbolt

My Dad loved the "Garden of Marvels". I have no memory of its successor sadly. I do remember the entrances having the RC Carts, but wasn't further access blocked off? Were some of the mini-buildings utilized by the RC Boats from the mini-golf course or special?

The remote control cars/boats were added to the front secton of the GoM area when it was changed over to mini golf. When the mini golf closed and the Shockwave was built the remote control games were moved to the left entrance way which was actually the exit for Shockwave. The miniature buildings that were found at some of the remote games around the park weren't part of the Garden of Marvels. The only piece that did make it out of the orginal Garden of Marvels area was the Statue of Liberty seen below when there was a remote games between the Hydro Flume and Lightnin Loops area.

gallery_2_4_287742.jpg