VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fright Fest 2015 - New Brochure Added!

29yrswithaGApass

Railer unrelated to this thread but to one of your OG posts, the comment about talking about it was made about the male sealion moving, not anything about the sealions being pregnant or not being pregnant so please stop twisting it up. That is the last that will be mentioned on the topic.

Also posts were edited and or removed, because some stuff you say. It has nothing to do with the sites relationship with the park. The stuff you say is either appropriate or not appropriate and you have been very inappropriate lately which you know....

So I emailed GA asking if they're charging extra for the attractions this year, and the response was "The details for Fright Fest have not yet been determined. Please check back at a later date." I think this might call for a petition 😏

There's no way the park doesn't charge extra for the Fright Fest mazes. It's their busiest time of year, leaving that much money on the table would be bad business.

• Like 1

There's no way the park doesn't charge extra for the Fright Fest mazes. It's their busiest time of year, leaving that much money on the table would be bad business.

This. People are still willing to pay for the trails and at this point it's been around long enough that the public has just accepted it as a part of the event now. I highly doubt we've seen the end paying as much as I hate it.

If there is a skating rink, that will likely be an upcharge. I don't think the other parks that have had Holiday In The Park charge more for anything else. A list of what SFOT has had is here and I don't see a mention of upcharges anywhere except for the cookie decorating: https://www.sixflags.com/overtexas/newsroom/lineup-holiday-attractions

^ SFDK was my home park for a few years. During their HITP, there were plenty of things that weren't upcharges per se, but were new ways to charge for things they already charge for outside of the event. Souvenirs and new food items (e.g., roast a marshmallow over a fire pit) were some, as were photos with Santa or whomever else. I want to say they charged a mandatory, very small fee for a couple of things (similar to the $1 donation they ask at some parks for the trick or treat trail), but I'm not sure about that. The primary activities, like the sledding hill, giant snowglobe, and shows, didn't have any upcharges that I can recall (although that's certainly not to say that GAdv won't get creative/greedy enough to not follow that form).

Edited by pashacar

I don't know how many more people the park can pack in during Fright Fest. We already fill the main lot and a huge amount of Hurricane Harbors lot. On a good night it takes me only an hour to get out of the park after Fright Fest.

LOL I didn't say I want to pay more. I don't go on the trails because I have to pay. I said I don't know how many more people can be packed intot he park since parking already takes at least half of hurricane harbor.

I can't believe what I'm reading. You guys WANT to pay extra for something that NOBODY else charges extra for, because you don't want to wait in a longer line. You guys are crazy.

No one is saying that. People are willing to pay, so there's no sound business reason to suddenly make them free. It doesn't matter what other parks are doing.

I'm hazy, where did anyone say they WANT to pay for trails!?!? Cause I didn't see this post. I too don't go on trails cause I am not paying extra. The park is too crowded and I generally avoid FF .. But the fact is that it would be bad business on GAs part to leave that money sitting on the table because people have just accepted that it costs extra to do trails. Ga is t going to just make it free all of a sudden. And could you imagine if it was all of a sudden free? The already overcrowded park would be redic. I am sure there must be a limit they can legally let in? Has it ever gotten to that point? Anyone know?

I'm hazy, where did anyone say they WANT to pay for trails!?!? Cause I didn't see this post. I too don't go on trails cause I am not paying extra. The park is too crowded and I generally avoid FF .. But the fact is that it would be bad business on GAs part to leave that money sitting on the table because people have just accepted that it costs extra to do trails. Ga is t going to just make it free all of a sudden. And could you imagine if it was all of a sudden free? The already overcrowded park would be redic. I am sure there must be a limit they can legally let in? Has it ever gotten to that point? Anyone know?

Well most of you guys seem to be against them making the attractions free. And you obviously don't care because you said it yourself "I generally avoid FF" where I LOVE FF and anything halloween related.

Well my family loves to go to fright fest every yeas and we go multiple times each year, between 4 and 6 times. If the trails were free that would be great but I wont be holding my breath for that to happen. Fright fest generates a huge amount of money for the park and just as it has been said, the park isn't going to want to lose that money. The trails will not be free.

With that, I am out of this conversation. I'm sure I will see you at fright fest but probably not on one of the trails.

I am sure there must be a limit they can legally let in? Has it ever gotten to that point? Anyone know?

I have heard reports from some Saturday's in October that they completely run out of parking from all 3 lots (main lot, overflow lot and Hurricane Harbor lot) and cars are parked on the grass near Hurricane Harbor. Even then I don't remember hearing that the park itself was at capacity but maybe they run of out places for people to park before it gets to that number (I'm guessing there is a set number but have no idea what it is).

Young pup
I love Halloween. It's my favorite holiday. I don't goto FF because it's too crowded and I am not paying extra for trails. That is why I don't go. Don't assume i don't care. I avoid the park because of the TYPE of crowed that it draws as well. Ga isn't going to make their trails free. Ever. You want free trails goto other parks. Nobody is saying, "yes , we ❤️ To pay for our trails"! So, again I don't see where you are coming up with "most of us seem to be against the attractions being free".

I have heard reports from some Saturday's in October that they completely run out of parking from all 3 lots (main lot, overflow lot and Hurricane Harbor lot) and cars are parked on the grass near Hurricane Harbor. Even then I don't remember hearing that the park itself was at capacity but maybe they run of out places for people to park before it gets to that number (I'm guessing there is a set number but have no idea what it is).

Thanks. 3 full lots that's crazy!!!

Edited by Yoshi
merged double post

I can only imagine how crowded it is inside the park. I know that they have overflow queues set up at most rides. I'm guessing a ride like Superman has to be a 2 1/2 - 3 hour wait with a full queue factoring in how fast it is moving with Flash Pass probably selling out on a day like that as well and then to see they need extra line space past the entrance to the ride makes me not want to even try to go to the park then. I saw pictures from a few years ago with Nitro's line past Coldstone and Batman's park area part of the line over half full. I'll go to Fright Fest on Friday nights since lines usually aren't too bad, maybe 5 - 25 minutes wait on average depending on the ride and try to avoid Saturday's and Sunday's.

I'm sure I will see you at fright fest but probably not on one of the trails.

You will see me on the trails, because if they end up charging, they'll have the "One free attraction" and I have 7 people in my family, and 4 of them don't like Haunted Houses :P

Do I want to pay extra? No. Do I want SF to charge for the trails? Yes.

When I do decide to go through a trail, I wouldn't want it to be a 3-5 hour line because it's free. They already have 1-2 hour lines. I'd rather pay a few bucks to save those 2-4 hours.

However, the best part is that I avoid all of that by buying the Scare Pass as soon as it's available. I think it was like $30 before FF started. It lets you skip the line for all FF attractions, every visit.

I took this picture August 21st last year. I forgot they were selling them that early (I thought it was early September that they started to sell them). With the Fright Fest display already outside the entrance I wonder if they will sell them even earlier this year. If the lines were 1 - 2 hours, that Scare Pass is a great deal.

IMG_5492_zpsb89ab028.jpg

I like Halloween events but I dislike FF at GADV anymore, too crowded, overpriced, poorly operated, and the trails and houses are not worth either the wait or up charges. Dorney's Haunt is the event to go to since they have to try in order to compete, GADV knows people will always come in droves to them so they don't try that hard.

Just look at HH, it is the worst ran water park I have been too, they up charge everything and is the only water park with a fast pass which creates longer lines. Despite much better water parks abound in the region, people still flock to HH anyway despite its many major problems. Great Adventure has managed somehow to create a low price elasticity situation for themselves, which is where demand is not sensitive too price changes. They can charge and change and the suckered still flow in. Until the price elasticity increases, this situation is not going to change.