VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fright Fest 2015 - New Brochure Added!

29yrswithaGApass

Just look at HH, it is the worst ran water park I have been too, they up charge everything and is the only water park with a fast pass which creates longer lines. Despite much better water parks abound in the region, people still flock to HH anyway despite its many major problems. Great Adventure has managed somehow to create a low price elasticity situation for themselves, which is where demand is not sensitive too price changes. They can charge and change and the suckered still flow in. Until the price elasticity increases, this situation is not going to change.

I see what you're saying, but I think it's actually the opposite -- they've undercut every other option with their dirt-cheap passes/free-friend tickets/dirt-cheap group sales tickets/other specials.

Sure, they charge more for everything once you're in the park, but that doesn't factor in as much in the initial decision to visit. Plus, now that HH is free with most passes, it's hard for families with those dirt-cheap SF passes to justify a trip to any other water park, even if they are better in most regards.

The sad part is they starting charging while i was still an employee, and the reason they told us they charged was to help increase budget and improve Fright Fest quality. Now they have been charging and they have not improved anything, ya they have added more haunts but not enough to compete in a very crowded industry. While i know they will never be on the same as universal but they are not even close to Cedar Fair parks anymore. Its sad when you are not even the top amusement park haunt in the tri state area. I would rather drive to dorney and enjoy their haunts cause their quality is so much better.

I see what you're saying, but I think it's actually the opposite -- they've undercut every other option with their dirt-cheap passes/free-friend tickets/dirt-cheap group sales tickets/other specials.

Sure, they charge more for everything once you're in the park, but that doesn't factor in as much in the initial decision to visit. Plus, now that HH is free with most passes, it's hard for families with those dirt-cheap SF passes to justify a trip to any other water park, even if they are better in most regards.

I think we are both correct in a way. People are lured in by the low admission prices which is elastic and once they are in, they become less price elastic torwards the many upcharges for options that are included at some other parks. It is an old sales gimmick, undercut prices with a very basic product or service that is borderline unuseable, but charge steep prices for add ons that make the product/service useable. Like a cable company who offers a low price base package which has a crappy channel lineup (mainly home shopping channels) to force more of their customers to pay for higher level packages to get the decent channels. Another version of this is car companies selling car models where the base engine option is too underpowered to be very useful to force more customers to go for higher level engine options.

^ I think a better comparison is to cell phones. Carriers give phones for cheap/free because what they really want you paying is the monthly bill. Amusement Parks will try to get you in the gate with these cheap deals because they want to spend more inside and then come back several times.

• 4 weeks later...

Who writes their ridiculous and excessively long copy? No GP guest is going to read -- let alone care about -- this amount of content for a haunted house. It's even sillier that they have the same amount of baseless writing about rides that are completely untouched for Fright Fest. I just don't understand it.

After decades of dealing with narcissistic, shallow people Dr. Reeves reached a breaking point when he reluctantly performed a patient’s fifth nose job. She claimed he botched the surgery by turning her nose up too far, giving her the look of a pig. Furious that he had permanently destroyed her beauty, she filed a malpractice lawsuit. Fed up with the public’s constant hunger for unnatural perfection and fearful he would spend the remainder of his days in prison, he snapped and fled the City of Angels. The doctor headed across the country to the Appalachian Mountains where no one would find him.

Under a pseudonym, he purchased a large and remote piece of farmland to open a new sort of practice offering plastic surgery on the black market. Dr. Reeves placed ads in small, weekly newspapers to attract some new business. Anonymity was his new MO for discretion and to help keep his secret. Regardless of their vain requests, he had a sick plan for all of his new, unsuspecting patients.

The doctor converted old dilapidated barns into makeshift operating rooms. Rusty yard tools and barbed wire became his new scalpel and stitches. There was no need for gauze or towels because in his new venture his thought was “the bloodier the better.”

Nearby, townspeople often recall hearing the shrill sounds of pigs squealing as if they were being tortured, but no one ventured near the compound. This was fortunate considering that the doctor gave all of his patients a face-lift to remember…by stitching pig faces to their mutilated bodies. The ultimate revenge was keeping his half-human, half-pig creations alive so they would be forced to live with an ugly exterior to match their disgusting souls.
With pig blood coursing through their veins, animal instincts began to take over. Anyone who ventured too close to the farm was met with a bloody, horrific end.

Nice find Tylir!

Some notes:

-Midways are back- Main gate, Bone butcher, Circus.

-Hypnosteria is back as well as Doc swan.

-Demon District, Big Top terror, and Blood Shed are all Uncharge attractions which means we probably have 3 new trails, or one is an uncharge 'midway' with would be new. Demon District sounds like its going to be in movie town based on the story on the page.

-All previous trails are back.

Demon District is most likely a trail because if it was an upcharged midway then that would mean we would have to pay to see Dead Mans Party right?!

Or that trail would be free, and they wouldn't give out "One free haunted attraction" passes.

Who writes their ridiculous and excessively long copy? No GP guest is going to read -- let alone care about -- this amount of content for a haunted house. It's even sillier that they have the same amount of baseless writing about rides that are completely untouched for Fright Fest. I just don't understand it.

Dorney's Haunt just gets to the point with a succinct backstory, they have a Blood Shed too.

I think they're kind of cool. Busch Gardens did/does the same thing.

Does anyone know why Busch Gardens can have these incredible attractions, but we can barely create one good one? It's just hard to understand why they're hiring the same people to make these haunted attractions that aren't really good. (The best one last year was Crop Circles, and I'm going to guess that this year's will be the Clown one)

Does anyone know why Busch Gardens can have these incredible attractions, but we can barely create one good one? It's just hard to understand why they're hiring the same people to make these haunted attractions that aren't really good. (The best one last year was Crop Circles, and I'm going to guess that this year's will be the Clown one)

I just think its because we have a much lower budget. I do think some of the creative decisions aren't that great like keeping the circus psycho scarezone so bright and just little stuff like that but I just think Great Adventure isn't that dedicated when it comes to high scare factor. They assume millions of people are going to be coming through their gates everyday so they don't even bother trying THAT hard, as in on a Howl-O-Scream or HHN level

I just think its because we have a much lower budget. I do think some of the creative decisions aren't that great like keeping the circus psycho scarezone so bright and just little stuff like that but I just think Great Adventure isn't that dedicated when it comes to high scare factor. They assume millions of people are going to be coming through their gates everyday so they don't even bother trying THAT hard, as in on a Howl-O-Scream or HHN level

I think that kind of shows we need new management. I don't feel like this management has the passion, at all really.

I'm thinking Demon District will be in the old country area where they built that fence.

I am disappointed that Hypnosteria is back, I am glad they will be using the showcase, but last time it was in the park I left the show, I was hoping they would put some time into making a better new show in there..

Having the "Sewer Tunnels" opened up as ways in and out, if done right could really add to the immersiveness of whatever the end up doing in it, if they use it. I never really liked the DMP Stage tucked away back there either. It sucked that we lost the "Big Wheel" for Fright Fest, but it was a way better backdrop for the Stage. I wish we could have a more central location for it by the Fountain somewhere.