VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Disney breaks the $100 ticket price

29yrswithaGApass

I don't know, I guess I'm used to getting the shake down every where we go. I try to follow the cost vs experience guide to make choices. For instance we don't go to jersey boardwalks much because cost far outweighs the good experience. Disney is one of those places where I'm happy to spend a little more. We're fortunate to go fairly often and at least for us, still has the magic. Literally never been disappointed other than sometimes too crowded. So a few more bucks on admission won't make me think twice.

This is one of the "peak" periods where Magic Kingdom tickets are $125 and there have been no shortages of people lined up to buy tickets with attendance still nearly at capacity. And, even the new "preferred parking" has been getting decent numbers of guests. For $35 they get to park a little closer and they give each person a cold bottle of water.

Looks like an after hours event for $150 will be available the next couple of months. It lasts for three hours with select rides open for this special ticket event. Two hour (it use to be three) Extra Magic Hours is still in place on select nights (for now). I realize that a day ticket isn't required for this, but really? This is a far cry from E-ticket nights which they had years ago which cost $12. The milking machine is still set on high.

I wonder what the maximum amount of tickets will be per night. At that price, it should be walk ons or near walk ons but hearing how crowded the Halloween and Christmas parties get, I wouldn't be that surprised if the most popular rides still had lines because they oversold the event. I would consider it for $25 - $40 at the most and would rather just get to the park early before crowds get bad.

• 1 year later...

Now you get even less value for your $100+ admission if you go to The Magic Kingdom on a Christmas Party night. Instead of the park closing at 7 to day guests, rides will now close at 6 and shops and restaurants close at 7. Between party guests allowed to enter at 4 and now an hour less of ride time, it makes it tough to go when it is party season. You either go on a party day for 9 hours or go on a non party day and have to deal with longer waits because there are so few non party days each week.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/news/28jun2017-magic-kingdom-to-test-earlier-closing-on-mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party-event-nights.htm