VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 - The 25th season of Fright Fest at Six Flags Great Adventure

29yrswithaGApass

This year will mark the 25th season of Fright Fest at Six Flags Great Adventure. Since 1992, the park has been celebrating the Halloween season with family friendly entertainment during the days and more frightening festivities at night.

How do you think the park should mark this major milestone? Share your spooky and scary ideas here. What would you do (within reason) if you were making the decisions and plans for this year's Fright Fest event?

I would have a night or two during Fright Fest where the park is open extra late, maybe until 3 or 4 a.m. They could have a few of the terror trails and select rides open and some special ride changes like Skull Mountain with the lights on and also rides in complete darkness with all the props and strobe lights turned off.

I'd add better trails and make the existing trails better, maybe make the trail passes cheaper, and hire way more actors. I also like Yoshi's idea, but they could also maybe add some things inside Skull Mountain, besides spiderwebs, and they could also change the music, and seal off the areas where light shines through.

Very exciting that FF is turning 25. That said, if we're being realistic, I think they'll celebrate it by offering the same expensive, lukewarm scares they've been offering for the past few years.

I understand that they are a little constrained by the size and the nature of FF crowds, but I hope they at least outsource more trails this year, so we see more along the lines of "Big Top Terror" and fewer like "Blood Shed."

They also need to start enforcing rules more stringently again. If they don't, FF nights will be a big, scary, potentially violent incident waiting to happen.

I would have a night or two during Fright Fest where the park is open extra late, maybe until 3 or 4 a.m. They could have a few of the terror trails and select rides open and some special ride changes like Skull Mountain with the lights on and also rides in complete darkness with all the props and strobe lights turned off.

I don't think the park should open until 4am, but the special changes seem cool. I'd say increase the trails and show collection and make the circus acts more frightening as they look like they can be there the whole season. Then mark up the one day admission by 5 dollars and lower the trail passes.

Pashacar....Blood Shed was the best trail last year!! Big Top Terror was a close 2nd, but Blood Shed was so immersive and was probably the biggest trail.

Bloodshed was for sure the best trail in the park and very popular with the public on my visits during Fright Fest.

Bloodshed was for sure the best trail in the park and very popular with the public on my visits during Fright Fest.

I'm not sure what Bloodshed maze you went through, but the trail, while often accumulating a line, was sub-par compared to many of the other mazes. Long stretches of walking through nothing ruined the experience.

I liked the addition of the larger decorations this year- pumpkin king, voodoo man, and would like to see more quality decor in the park and trails. Don't think it'd hurt to add another scare area on the left side of the park so 'western' isn't the only area over there.

• Like 1

All I would like to see is a good show in the showcase, (something better than the hypnotist show.) and the overall park decorated more, in some areas of the park you can't find any decorations. Dead Man's Party would go good in the Batman Stunt Arena because there would be some room to stand and plenty of seats for those who don't want to be in the crowd.

I don't care about the terror trails at Six Flags parks because it is an upcharge. Busch Gardens and Cedar fair parks has better haunted houses and they are free, the lines moves fast too.

Edited by jollyroger
  • Like 1

Wow, I must have experienced Blood Shed on an off night (which even the best trails have). Hate to say it was one of the most uneventful, poorly designed trails I've done anywhere.

You aren't alone. The few times I went to the Blood Shed terror trail, it was horrible. There was hardly anybody in there to scare the people. I walked basically through a corn maze and out thinking "Where was everyone?". I went in another time.. Same thing. I only really liked Big Top Terror 3D terror trail. I went through that at least 10 times during the whole FF.

Being one of the longest trails, they definitely didn't scale up the number of scare actors proportionately.

I agree with that, and even though it might not have been the scariest, it was the most visually appealing, and probably the most immersive as well, or a tie with Big Top Terror. Why didn't Big Top Terror have carnival music playing?!!?!?!?!!!

It seems like the park has been putting a little more money into general maintenance and other things that haven't been a priority for the past few years, which is good. I'd really love to see some money go into bringing the Hayride back. I imagine that they could discontinue the Asylum and maybe Bloodshed and even bring some of those props over. As far as crowd control for the lines, maybe control the amount of people allowed per night with the wristbands, the stickers on the season passes or by incorporating flash pass somehow.

It seems like the park has been putting a little more money into general maintenance and other things that haven't been a priority for the past few years, which is good. I'd really love to see some money go into bringing the Hayride back. I imagine that they could discontinue the Asylum and maybe Bloodshed and even bring some of those props over. As far as crowd control for the lines, maybe control the amount of people allowed per night with the wristbands, the stickers on the season passes or by incorporating flash pass somehow.

They already have a flash pass type sticker (I think it was green).