VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 - The 25th season of Fright Fest at Six Flags Great Adventure

29yrswithaGApass

Yeah, that's where the "too cool in my 20's" came from. I went to so many other haunted attractions that it didn't seem worth the time or money to try GA trails. Times are different now and actually looking forward to it even if they don't compare. I also want to gauge if it's time to get my oldest kid in there yet. We will see.

Yeah, that's where the "too cool in my 20's" came from. I went to so many other haunted attractions that it didn't seem worth the time or money to try GA trails. Times are different now and actually looking forward to it even if they don't compare. I also want to gauge if it's time to get my oldest kid in there yet. We will see.

Not sure how old your kid is, but The Mansion isn't very scary, so that would be a good starter. Bloodshed and the clown one were the 2 scariest in my opinion.

Another good tip if you're not sure about scare threshold is to start on the outdoor trails as soon as they open. There's usually enough time to complete 1-2 before the light completely runs out, and they're considerably less scary that way.

It's usually pretty dark when they open.

• 2 weeks later...

Details on Fright Fest 2016 are now up on the Six Flags Great Adventure site. Click HERE to read about it.

Some quick notes -

The Awakening/Dead Man's Party will be held at a new location.

The park is open on Halloween (Monday Oct 31) from 5pm to 11pm

NEW Clown show

NEW Slash show

NEW Lizard Man show

NEW Breakout terror trail

Here are some additional details on the new stuff:

The Donniker Bros. Worlds of Mirth

Sinister clowns urge you to step right up, sit down, shut up and laugh at this uproarious new show. Parental advisory: Contains adult humor.

Slash

An unsettling program of hard rock violence, mixing gore and dark gallows humor. Illusionists John Bundy and Morgan blur the line between reality and horror making this show truly magic to die for! Parental advisory: Suitable for mature audiences only.

Bilkum, Burnham & Haugh’s Side Show Spectacular

The master of mayhem Murrugun the Mystic, world-famous Lizardman and beautiful sorceress Catalina Askew headline this outrageous and jaw-dropping freak show. Parental advisory: Contains adult humor and themes and may not be suitable for those 12 and under.

Cell Block 6

The prison’s on lockdown, will you help the inmates escape or become trapped with them forever?

Slash

An unsettling program of hard rock violence, mixing gore and dark gallows humor. Illusionists John Bundy and Morgan blur the line between reality and horror making this show truly magic to die for! Parental advisory: Suitable for mature audiences only.

Wow! John Bundy and Morgan were part of the Thriller II show in 1993!

19930262mod.jpg

I remember them from the 90s, wasn't Bundy also Capt Cuttlefish? Sounds like SF is trying to copy the Bill and Ted show at HHN, with the mature humor which often isn't funny in a live show. HHN also had the Lizard man for a few years entertaining guests in line for a haunted house.

Edited by The Master

I don't think GA has any facility that could house a really elaborate maze/haunt indoors. Magic Mountain has several large theaters they use for Fright Fest indoor attractions and get very elaborate (they have to compete with Knott's Scary Farm and Halloween Horror Nights).

• 2 weeks later...

The hours on the park calendar make it look like non Fright Fest operating days in November. The first weekend has closing times of 9 pm and the 2 weekend has closing times of 8 pm