VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 - The 25th season of Fright Fest at Six Flags Great Adventure

29yrswithaGApass

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see the point in them making them free. The only benefit is that people will stop complaining about having to actually pay for something. It's not like they can fill the parks anymore than they can currently during Fright Fest. They're just throwing away a ton of free money, which is going to have to be made up somewhere else, and most likely by spending even less on new additions and on Fright Fest.

I'm guessing this is a test. They will probably compare the number or complaints they get about the long lines, people couldn't get to all the trails, there wasn't enough stuff/actors/ versus the complaints that they used to get about charging for them and deciding which is the better solution.

• Like 1

I'm guessing this is a test. They will probably compare the number or complaints they get about the long lines, people couldn't get to all the trails, there wasn't enough stuff/actors/ versus the complaints that they used to get about charging for them and deciding which is the better solution.

Why didn't they just cut the prices in half and test that?

In my six years as a passholder, I've never been to a fright fest. I'm gonna go this year definitely for the new VR ride. One thing I've realized though is that going during the day early in the morning before fright fest is the way to go. On some days I've found that the park is almost empty.

• Like 1

I bought the express pass today. I've never been during fright fest before but for the price difference it seemed worth it to skip the lines.

You still have to wait in a line, but you wait in the express line, which was sometimes longer than the regular line.

Edited by YoungPup

Horror-Themed Virtual Reality Coaster, World-Famous Lizardman and New Haunted Prison Maze Headline Six Flags Great Adventure’s Scariest Fright Fest in History

JACKSON, NJ — September 6, 2016 — The world’s first fully interactive, horror-themed virtual reality coaster gaming experience, a new haunted prison maze and four new, devilishly entertaining shows including the world-famous Lizardman headline the biggest and scariest Fright Fest® season in history at Six Flags Great Adventure. Weekends and select days September 16 through October 31, families can enjoy all of their favorite roller coasters and thrill rides plus family-friendly themed attractions with Thrills by Day and terrifying mazes, scare zones and shows during Fright By Night.

Daytime thrills are devoted to families. Guests can start their visit by dancing to Halloween hits at the Spooktacular Street Party, or catch the Just My Rottin’ Luck magic show staring Raoul the Duke of Deception beginning Sept. 25. New this year, Six Flags introduces “The Skeletones” a ghostly and charming acapella group performing bad-to-the-bone harmonies at the Wilderness Theater. Children under 12 can journey down the Trick-or-Treat Trail while meeting their favorite characters.

Beginning at 6 p.m., things take a drastic turn with the Fright By Night festivities. Swarms of decaying zombies, crooked clowns, freaks of nature and monsters of the night emerge in The Awakening parade, and then Dr. Fright unleashes these horrors into the streets. As the night creeps on, guests can enjoy one of three new “Monstertainment” shows, a new haunted maze, and fresh takes on park classics.

New and improved this season:

· New! Rage of the Gargoyles virtual reality (VR) coaster – Riders will use Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus headsets to battle demonic creatures in the world’s first interactive gaming VR experience on a coaster, Skull Mountain. Exclusively for Season Pass holders, active Members, haunted maze pass purchasers and owners of the Samsung Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge and Galaxy Note7. Must be at least 13 years old to wear Samsung Gear VR. Must be at least 44” tall to ride with an adult or 48” to ride alone.

· New! Bilkum, Burnham & Haugh’s Side Show Spectacular – World-famous Lizardman, Murrugun the Mystic and the beautiful sorceress Catalina Askew headline this jaw-dropping and heart-pounding freak show.

· New! The Donniker Bros. Worlds of Mirth – Dark and devilish clowns urge guests to step right up to this uproarious new performance packed with unseemly humor and ample shenanigans.

· New! Slash – Gallows humor meets unsettling, gory, hard rock violence as illusionists John Bundy and Morgan blur the line between reality and horror, premiering in Showcase Theatre. Suitable for mature audiences only.

· New! Cell Block 6 Haunted Maze – A prison on lockdown is overrun with strange and scary inmates desperate to break free. Guests wind their way through twisting corridors trying to escape before it’s too late. Extra fee to participate.

· Dead Man’s Party: Graveyard Rock – Dr. Fright and his friends take over a graveyard for Fright Fest’s signature song and dance production featuring many new Halloween hits and dazzling special effects with the help of celebrity choreographer Ashle Dawson. New location in the Movietown Arena.

Six free scares, eight Monstertainment shows, the new Rage of the Gargoyles virtual reality coaster and the park’s world-class thrill ride collection are included with park admission, Season Pass and active Membership. Seven haunted mazes require an additional fee. Fright by Night is not recommended for children under 12 and those who scare easily.

Spooktacular Events

On Sept. 17, Six Flags hosts the Central Jersey Blood Center for its annual Fright Fest Blood Drive. Guests can donate a pint of blood to earn a free ticket to Fright Fest between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Reservations must be made by visiting www.sixflags.com/greatadventure on the Events tab. Up to 200 donors are needed and will be taken on a first call, first serve basis. Donors must be 16 years of age or older, at least 110 lbs. and in good health to donate.

Six Flags will hold its final Fright Fest zombie audition and technician calls Sept. 21 and 28 at 6 p.m. in the park’s Employment Center. Scare-actors and support staff are needed to fill remaining positions from the undead who roam the midways to terror trail performers and technicians. No prior acting or scare experience is necessary, just individuals with a passion for Halloween and scaring. Auditions include several fun acting exercises in a group setting. If interested, please complete the pre-employment application prior to attending the open audition, or scheduling an interview for technician positions, at www.sixflagsjobs.com

For more information, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure.

Source: Six Flags Great Adventure

• Like 1

I think it's just a way of covering everything. I know for a fact they need more techs which I think is what they meant by support staff.

How do I find out what the exact jobs are? The only Fright Fest jobs they have on the website are "Fright Fest Ghouls"

Edited by YoungPup

How do I find out what the exact jobs are? The only Fright Fest jobs they have on the website are "Fright Fest Ghouls"

The article lists them "...... and support staff are needed to fill remaining positions from the undead who roam the midways to terror trail performers and technicians."

The technician job isn't listed on the gadv job site but I'm sure you can call the employment center for more info.

Majortiy of the park is hiring too.

I was wanting more of like a backstage job for one of the shows. I remember during the HITP show, there were some stage people who would kind of set up some of the scenes with props or whatever.

That would be under the category of technician. Call up and see if they have any stage hand spots!