VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Mean Streak Closing At Cedar Point

Yoshi

https://www.cedarpoint.com/events/things-to-do/events/Mean-Streak

Usually I hate to a coaster close but not in this case. It wasn't horrible but bad enough I wouldn't plan on riding it on any future trips to Cedar Point if it was still operating then. Rolling Thunder closing was worse for me.

I also like that they gave 6 weeks notice before the ride is closing so people have time to get their last rides in.

Mean Streak was a "pretty good" coaster when we 1st rode it in 2002 (able to ride it 2-3 times in a row)... But by 2007 it was rough and hard to ride (1 time was enough for the trip).

Amazing! Just like GASM, it was a ride generally despised by 90% of the public, but now everyone comes out of the woodwork talking about how it was their favorite ride and a classic... :rolleyes:

I was in the 10%... always loved GASM... at times it was rough, other times not so bad.

I actually really liked Mean Streak when I rode it a few years ago. People always complained about how rough it was but I honestly didn't think it was that bad.

Same the ride was good when we rode it in 2012, but its been getting worse every year and it really showed the last time we went

I was in the 10%... always loved GASM... at times it was rough, other times not so bad.

Same for me, I rarely skipped the coaster on a park trip. I was disappointed to see it gone. I don't feel like that about Mean Streak even if it was in a local park, just like I didn't care when I found out Hercules was closing.