VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 5 - Expand Holiday in the Park Into More Areas

^^^^^ I'm gonna expand the safari idea by saying that some animals CAN stay out in the winter. I mean, you can keep the western section closed, open up Plaza Del Carnival plus or minus Toro, open the bridge at the end of the area near Bizarro, open up Bizarro, open up the safari to limited animals and make Camp in the middle Christmas Town or something.

Exactly what Justin said, Winter Lights in Safari. Also open El Diablo, Best of the West, and Bizzaro (maybe Macho Nacho but isn't the Gotham/Movie town location open?)

The Movie Town location is open. And maybe Runaway Mine Train can open too, but the problem is that parts of the ride towards the end run over water and use wooden supports.

The Movie Town location is open. And maybe Runaway Mine Train can open too, but the problem is that parts of the ride towards the end run over water and use wooden supports.

Piers are Open in December/ January

Plus didn't the Train run in the winter in 1974?

Edited by Coaster Justin

Even in FL, it gets cold enough in winter to shift the concrete monorail supports in the lagoon. It would get much colder in NJ and wood shifts more than concrete. Other issue too is NJ has pretty strict laws, though I don't know if they are more strict than FL.

One issue I see with opening more areas of the park is that they would have to increase their snow removal budget. A Christmas light drive through would be nice.

Edited by The Master

To be completely honest, I love holiday in the park as it is, but I feel like they stretched themselves a bit thin this year. I appreciate them adding "2" sections but I feel like to get those "2" new sections they made cuts to other areas in the park. Example would be taking th lights out of those trees, putting lights in the boardwalk on only a few trees and spotlights on the others, this was not just in boardwalk but movietown as well. There seemed to be a lot more dead space this year and missed opportunities for decorating. Even the parking tolls didn't have lights this year. i don't know if anyone else noticed but the shop windows were not as elaborately decorated this year nor did I really smell any of the scents like I did last year. Plus the entertainment options are a joke compared to other parks with holiday in the park.

These are just few things I noticed and some minor gripes but overall a valiant effort by the park.

Edited by Nachos

Even in FL, it gets cold enough in winter to shift the concrete monorail supports in the lagoon.

Actually it's not the supports shifting that the monorail has problems with when it gets cold, it's the expansion joints. The one over the lagoon is a problem all year due to settling and when it gets cold and the beams shrink it gets worse.

It would be great to see more of the park open although I'm happy with what is open now. Years ago I wanted a Holiday event so much I would have gone even if just TDK and Skull Mountain were the only coasters running. Maybe eventually the entire park will be open except The Golden Kingdom.

It would be great to see more of the park open although I'm happy with what is open now. Years ago I wanted a Holiday event so much I would have gone even if just TDK and Skull Mountain were the only coasters running. Maybe eventually the entire park will be open except The Golden Kingdom.

Yeah, if you think about it we just need Frontier Adventures and Plaza Del' Carnival (if your not including GK). Plaza Del' Carnival can be Feliz Nevedad and Frontier Adventures could be A Western Christmas, Holiday or something.

• 1 month later...

I would love to see PDC and Frontier Adventures included in the event, excluding Ka because I think it would be too cold to open but I think that a lot has to do with capacity and amount of people who attend. If it ends up as popular as freight fest then I'm sure they'll expand it but they have to keep a operation budget within proportion. I would love to see the event take off and grow and become more popular as time passes on.