VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 7 - Improve the Entertainment Lineup

It feels like one of the biggest areas of improvement for Great Adventure is our show lineup. Each year there seem to be less and less entertainment offerings. Bring back shows and maybe a parade (especially something along the line of Glow in the Park!).

Our new park president came from a park known for its shows.

If they don't want to pay actors, How about a Pet Show?

At my park, we mainly have an Evening Parade/Show (Haven't seen since IgNite left a horrible taste in my mouth) and Acrobats.

2 Types Of Shows I would love to see the chain get:

- LOL Style Improv. show

- Lip Sync Battle Show. Have it every 15 minutes, Winner gets an exit pass.

The stunt shows cost a fortune to run, and the stunt arena is (now) very poorly placed in the park with the constant roar of two coasters behind it while the show goes on. It's impossible to follow any kind of story when you can't hear what's going on.

The Glow in the Park Parade was the best entertainment ever presented in the park. It was the best (and maybe the only) thing from the Shapiro era. It was the caliber of a much bigger/better park, near Disney level.

I was going though video from the entertainment offerings this year, and they could host a show in the batman area.. By placing Dead Mans Party there this year was an brilliant idea. The venue isn't suitable for a show that's "quiet"such as Batman vs Catwoman cat fight, it needs a show that they can use background music to drown out what's going on, and that would require Dead Man's Party caliber of sound system. For those wonder not counting stage monitors for the cast, they had 18 subs, 18 speakers, and thats not including if they tapped into the speakers that were pre-existing. So they could have a show in there but it will need a lot of speakers to down out the coasters. They could do more entertainment offerings but the Joker took out two stadiums, which only leaves 2 now. So if they add more stuff, it will most likely be on pop-up stages, but aside from the Movie Town Arena, I would not expect anything that is considered a big production. They could have the pop-up shows like we do in orlando, but those only ever last what it seems to be now 5 minutes.

I saw DMP in there this year and it took really blasting the sound to make it audible over the coasters, and I just didn't find it pleasant to have it that loud.

As much as I liked DMP this year, there are things that they need to work on with the show, particularly the timing in general,. I saw the copy they released on to youtube and all I can say that if I was involved with the lighting, I would not be thrilled with it at all especially with the timing.

• 2 weeks later...

The good old days. Ride a coaster, watch a show ride a coaster, watch a show... etc... That will keep you in the park from opening to close.

I would be happy with just 1/2 the line up now.

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't there one season that they wanted to put in a Diving show in Movietown stunt arena because the Aqua stadium had the Dolphins? I know that adding a Pool wouldn't be cheap and affect DMP, but I just don't see Six Flags doing Stunt shows anytime soon. The Magic show they had in August last season was a huge hit especially being in such a quiet and dead section of the park in showcase. A good quality show in Showcase, Stunt arena, and Golden Kingdom stadium with a parade and live entertainment on the small stages would be Golden. Even the country stage and liberty gazebo always used to get crowds. An animal show, musical/ stage production and some sort of stunt or action show is something the park could desperately use. Getting a Dark ride this year is a great start and step in the right direction .. I think in time it'll get there.