VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 20- Improve the Concert Series Lineup

• 3 weeks later...

Bruce Springsteen could be awesome too along with AC/DC, Metallica, Bon Jovi, Lady GaGa, and more.

Those acts are NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN, but there are plenty of mid-range acts that could.

Great Adventure has always had a problem booking acts because of the proximity to NYC and Philly. Most venues have exclusive contracts that won't allow the act to be booked within so many miles of a venue they are playing. That's why I said their partnership with iHeart Radio and their network of thousands of stations could help. Maybe a Z100 Concert Series or something like that.

Many times it's groups on their way up (The Jonas Brothers) and groups on their way down (Smashmouth). It's always been rare to get a group in their prime, and the only ones that come to mind for me were New Kids on the Block (while they were still a HUGE deal) and The Monkees (when they made their comeback in the 80's on MTV).

The biggest concerts GA usually gets are the country artists who don't get booked in the NYC and Philly venues but have huge followings.

This year I only went to one concert at the park. In the past they used to have so many good shows, it was hard to decide which ones to see. With the concerts that they had the past couple years, it seems they are trying to attract a different crowd than they used to.

I feel the same. It seems that recently they've been bringing in acts that attract families/young kids and to be honest, it does seem to bring in more people so i guess its working to an extent.

• 2 weeks later...

I know Pat Beneter played a few times, I love her. What about something like a EDM./ Rave? I remember few seasons back they used to do the starburst concert series with their line-ups.

EDM concerts attract a LOT of drugs, and I think that's something SF wanted to stay away from. Electric Adventure started at Great Adventure (hence the name), before moving to other locations after 2 or 3 years at the park.