VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Well, I would be upset too if they did a last minute change on us. I'd also be pissed if I had to listen to some of the Great Adventure fans who are complaining on facebook that "it sucks that we are getting a used ride" or "only Chang".

We are getting a multi million dollar B&M coaster that is also one of the largest stand-ups on earth! Three years ago it was said by Corporate that the days of major coaster installations were over and now we are the first park in the chain to receive such an addition in four years. Be grateful people.

The problem is alot of kids are hooked on getting a new coaster every couple of years. Problem is that kind of pattern was not going to last forever. I am more upset about all the flat rides that have been removed in recent years since GADV already has more than enough roller coasters.

But, that's what people are coming to GA for at this point.

Everyone agrees the park needs flats but unfortunately they don't draw crowds. The park really NEEDS a new coaster to bring the crowds back at this point, and for 2012 they can add some smaller attractions. Unless they get the crowds back they can't make the investments.

Yes but the new coaster will only draw more crowds for a couple of years before it becomes old hat with them and they die down a little. It's the old Premier pattern and look where that got them. GADV is alot more crowded than either Dorney or Hershey yet they are more balanced than GADV. They can't rely on just coasters to bring in people and I found GADV to be pretty crowded most of the time this year.

Edited by The Master

Let's not get into a NJ versus IL spitting match. We are even now - afterall, SFGAm took our Arrow looper from us back in 1987 at the 11th hour and named it Shockwave. Game over.

Six Flags was contemplating Great Adventure's outright closure when "Shockwave" was assigned to Gurnee instead. Had the park lost its food license, it would have been game over in Jackson considering all the recent (at the time) issues the park faced. Thank God for Ray Williams!

Back on topic, last minute tacked on theming really grinds my gears. While I have no doubt "The Green Lantern" (née "Chang") will be welcomed, it's ridiculous to see Six Flags (or local park management depending on who initiated the idea) take zero consideration regarding theming. Hopefully the park won't simply emulate "The Dark Knight"/"Bizzaro" efforts (or lack thereof) and pretend it's "Disney" quality. The 2011 Season Pass deal with included Season Parking for $79.99 is quite enticing at least.

• 3 weeks later...

SF's website, I am trying to buy my 2011 pass and I got to the submit order part and it won't work. I tried with 2 different cards, both of those say the billing address don't match what is on file when the address is correct, the 3rd card comes up as declined when I know there is nothing wrong with the card. I hope I don't lose my 20% discount now since I entered it and the site accepted the code but I had to not order. <_<

SF's website, I am trying to buy my 2011 pass and I got to the submit order part and it won't work. I tried with 2 different cards, both of those say the billing address don't match what is on file when the address is correct, the 3rd card comes up as declined when I know there is nothing wrong with the card. I hope I don't lose my 20% discount now since I entered it and the site accepted the code but I had to not order. <_<

Print out the email with the code and renew your pass in person at the park. I have had alot of trouble with their Funatic system and I do not trust SF's online billing system.

Print out the email with the code and renew your pass in person at the park. I have had alot of trouble with their Funatic system and I do not trust SF's online billing system.

Thanks, I might have to try that next time I go to the park.

Edited by Yoshi

Jersey Shore. What's so great about it. It's just a bunch of future drug users and prostitutes living together.

I think they are already that way.

Yoshi, I just renewed my pass in person Monday with the printed out email and I got my 20% off with no problems.

Construction zones where it goes from 3 lanes to 1 lane for over 2 months with no work being done causing backups.

I think they are already that way.

Yoshi, I just renewed my pass in person Monday with the printed out email and I got my 20% off with no problems.

I ended up just renewing online and processing it at the park, since I finally got it to work online. After I renewed online I realized I should have just used the printout like you did and that way I could have saved the $5 online processing fee.

Edited by Yoshi

• 2 weeks later...

Console wars. It's ok to have an opinion about which video game console is the best, but to rip on people just because they like another console is imature beyond all belief. People really need to accept the fact that all video game consoles have their ups and downs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Customers who come into a store 2 days before Christmas and get annoyed we are out of certain items. The merchandise was out for sale 2 months, they wait until the last minute and get angry at the store? The worst is how customers insist we are keeping stuff in the back room and get even more angry if I refuse to check (why should I check for merchandise that I know we don't have?), if we had the items they would be on the sales floor!

Edited by Yoshi

• 4 weeks later...