VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Thinking about Peter Griffin's short lived news stint, this topic will be about, well, what grinds our gears.

You Know Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

The New Cartoon Network

Man, Cartoon Network used to be my favorite channels. Whenever I watched TV, the only channel I would watch this channel. Then on June 14, 2004, Cartoon Network changed forever. The classic cartoons like Looney Tunes and Popeye were cancalled to make way for crappy shows like Camp Lazlo, Chowder, and Squirrel Boy. To make it even worse, they are showing live action programming like Re-Animated (a movie and show that is a rip off of Roger Rabbit). Anyway, todays Cartoon Network sucks, end of story

Edited by MarioSonic94

Walmart.

If the shopping experience doesn't drive you crazy waiting to checkout at one of the four open registers amongst the 22 closed ones will do it. I try to avoid the place and only go there if I have to. Give me a Target store any day!

You read my mind on that one I really do hate the experience at those stores most of the time. UNless you hit it just right the checkout is doubel the shopping time for some items.

What really grinds my gears are the ton of movie remakes in recent years. I love watching someone reimagine a classic, but I am tired of some of the more hyped movies being anything besides original material it just kills it for me.

Autozone, Advance Auto and other so called chain parts stores. They don't carry as many parts as they used to, employees at those stores know nothing, don't carry as many tools, but they do carry dumb ricer crap like fart cans.

^Agreed... went into one the other day to get a stupid little filter and replacement headlight, help with which seemed like it was coming from someone who didn't even own a car. But the kid looking headlgith strobes and dumb decals, no problem there!

^ LOL! I had to back up at the Verazano bridge tolls because the person in front of me was in the cash only lane.

Superman ride employees at SFA grind my gears. If it weren't for them, SFA would be one of my favorite parks. This crew is almost criminally horrible. 10 minute dispatches; No spiels; The operator never pays attention... this past weekend, he spent most of the time on the phone. They'll always YELL at guests to not go under the handrails when there is NOT a line and they'll always ignore line cutters when there is a line. Actually it's quite comical to watch, but it wastes an hour of my time!

The Delaware River-Turnpike Toll Bridge, it has been having work done on it for ten years now! How long does it take to repair a bridge?

Edited by The Master

The Delaware River-Turnpike Toll Bridge, it has been having work done on it for ten years now! How long does it take to repair a bridge?

There are several portions of the PA Turnpike that seem to be under construction forever. They must have a fortune invested in temporary barriers and traffic barrels.

There are several portions of the PA Turnpike that seem to be under construction forever. They must have a fortune invested in temporary barriers and traffic barrels.

Much like the entire state of Connecticut seems like it has been under construction since I was born.

Turns out they are going to build a second Delaware River Toll Turnpike Bridge to double turnpike capacity form NJ to PA. The Delaware Turnpike also always seems to be under construction.

But back to the topic, rude employees at any place ,no customer likes to deal with a rude employee and I just don't put up with them.

Edited by The Master

• 2 weeks later...
But they're also showing Popeye, Huckleberry Hound, Winsome Witch and Secret Squirrel!

:D

As I look around on the various other forums, the folks who are calling the Dark Knight "JUST a mouse in a box" are really grinding my gears!

:mad:

The attitude on most of the other forums I think is pretty poor which is why I don't go to them anymore. One of the great things about this forum is that we don't have any attitudes like that hear. I hate when you are on a forum and someone flames you for no good reason.

Edited by The Master

People keep complainging about TDK is really getting me annoyed! It's not an extreme thrill ride, it's a family ride...SHUT UP!

Oh yes I just wanted to smack some people yesterday who needed to compare it to Nitro as if TDK was supposed to be an extreme coaster. Alas people who can't appreciate entertainment in various forms truly grind my gears.

^That is like comparing a high end sports car to a pickup truck, it makes no sense. I have heard people that don't know what they are talking about on other forums talking smack about rides. I don't know how many times people posted how they are glad that Riptide, Freefall, Chiller, etc were removed. I have even seen people insulting the big wheel how it is unsafe because of the rust, it's just surface rust! Anything made of metal that is out in the weather 24/7 is going to get surface rust.

^ I suppose these same people have probably never seen any major construction project underway where the beams and other steel gain some slight exterior rust before the project is even complete. Bet they'd never wanna go anywhere anymore. But you are right I think there can be a lot of people out there who don't really understand the nature of many rides and so get their expectations twisted a bit.