VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

People smoking outside the smoking areas in GADV. Last Thrusday night there was a woman smoking on the narrow exit steps for Kingda Ka. Everyond had to walk right past her and the cloud of smoke. I told security and they didn't do anything. 

• 2 months later...

Brian had the same issue with the third shot really triggering a reaction for about 24 hours.

I had Pfizer and the third shot gave me that "I feel like I'm getting sick" feeling for about 24 hours but it was mild. Of course I got my flu shot at the same time so I don't know whether it was flu or Pfizer that caused the reaction. 

• 2 weeks later...

Christmas Vacation, Home Alone, Four Christmases, The Grinch, and Polar Express?

I agree, there are so many others they should mix it up. At least TCM shows some of the classics.  

it also seems that whenever the animated stop motion specials are on, other networks show something else at the same time.  It was a big debate as to whether to watch Santa Claus Is Coming to Town or Frosty the other night. I don’t know why because I have them all on Blu-ray but for whatever reason I always seem to watch movies when they’re on TV if I like them.  

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m not that much of a fan of Fun Spot but that’s the only way I can ride wooden coasters anymore (plus flats like scrambler and flying scooters) so I am kind of stuck with visiting. Operations usually aren’t great. Freedom Flyer has been closed for at least 3 months and for a while Kissimmee’s only coaster running was Hurricane. 

I bought the Black Friday sale season pass but they gave me a really hard time trying to activate. They wanted more ID than the DMV, I just got fed up and wanted a refund. 

The Del Taco near Funspot is bad too.They have some weird rule where they will only sale one food item per car for their drive thru. I never heard such a thing before.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Yeah they require the credit card and ID. I am curious what happens if in between the time someone buys the pass and goes to activate it, they lose the credit card or the number gets stolen somewhere and they get a new credit card with a different number.

____

Busch Gardens Tampa finally opening up the Skyride after it being closed for almost 4 years and making it an upcharge for non pass holders. $5 each way so $10 for a round trip.

https://buschgardens.com/tampa/rides/skyride/

4 minutes ago, Yoshi said:

Yeah they require the credit card and ID. I am curious what happens if in between the time someone buys the pass and goes to activate it, they lose the credit card or the number gets stolen somewhere and they get a new credit card with a different number.

____

Busch Gardens Tampa finally opening up the Skyride after it being closed for almost 4 years and making it an upcharge for non pass holders. $5 each way so $10 for a round trip.

Wow that is chintzy. The theme park industry is heading in the wrong direction. At least it isn't torn down.

13 hours ago, Yoshi said:

I'll live with it-- better than losing the Skyride and as a passholder I still get it free. SeaWorld San Diego was the same way with the Skyride and the Sky Tower as upcharges and SeaWorld Orlando does the same with their Sky Tower.

Skyrides and Sky Towers are an endangered species with the age and cost of maintaining them, and if it's pay extra or lose it, I'll pay to keep it. I hope Great Adventure's Skyride survives, but I've heard rumors it is going away... 

I agree I’d rather have it open with the upcharge than closed. I’ll be interested to see how the lines are for it as I plan to ride the Skyride often to save time on the usual 1 1/2 - 2 hour visits I usually spend at the park.

Agree with all the above - the upcharge is far from ideal and I think it really detracts from the overall experience. That said, it does beat having no such experience at all. I'd be upset about GA charging for theirs, but crushed if they removed it.

There were enormous lines for the Sky Ride when I visited during HITP - stretching out to the Chop Six building and snaking back towards the Skull Mountain entrance. Obviously that's a peak time/situation for riders and things aren't always like that, but it's still a very well received/loved ride. Hopefully the park sees fit to keep it around.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure if I can call it angry, but walking away from a forum you been a member of for a long time is disenheartening. Two months ago I made the decision to leave a car fourm I have been a member of for 19 years. It was a pretty good place with lots of good info but in recent years that forum has declined. Most of the old guard has left, traffic and new members are drying up, fights ard increasing, and its been taken over by toxic opinion leaders who push weird idealoigies. The main issue is that most of the opinion leaders are race track guys who only want to talk about modifying cars into race track cars while suppressing any discussion of keeping cars street cars.