VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Sahara Sam's now doesn't allow aqua socks on most of their slides now, just the family raft slide. Waterparks seem to really dislike aqua socks and want people barefoot all the time. 

• 3 weeks later...

An ABS wheel sensor went bad on my truck, but I can't get the brakes off to reach it because the bolts are frozen from road salt. Not even PB blaster is working. If my torch doesn't work, I will have to take it to a shop. 

• 4 weeks later...

People who purposely post spoilers for movies, games or tv shows. I don't care about Endgame but I feel bad for anyone trying to avoid it and saw a spoiler. LeSean McCoy (NFL Player) posted a spoiler on his Twitter feed and I saw spoilers on other sites like a baseball message board. I probably would have stayed offline all day if I was going to see the movie.

I remember having The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time spoiled on a N64 message board on AOL shortly after the game came out and was really annoyed.

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Official Six Flags’ websites and apps that display calendars with a Monday to Sunday format.  Why?  In America we use Sunday to Saturday layout. 

I asked about this once, and the answer I got was "I guess because that's how our calendar looks internally"

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it is annoying and I really feel like even with the price increases, the quality is worse than ever. Ride effects that are broken, rides not operating at full capacity (using 1 loading area at Dinosaur) and hour or more waits for the buses at park closing. Also longer than ever waits even with Fastpass. Someone in the bus line at Animal Kingdom told us they left after Illuminations the previous night and didn't get back to the resort until midnight. I don't know if they are just using the old free bags until they are gone but they were still available if we asked for them.

I really hope that doesn't become the new standard for airplanes. I hate everything about flying already, a 5+ hour flight or even a 2 hour flight would be miserable without a regular seat.

I hate flying too and upgrading seats to another class doesn’t help much.  Now, I just settle for an aisle seat in coach.  I always try to book a 2-3 hour break between flights when I stop at LAX/SFO on my way to Hawaii or stop at IAH for a few hours on my way to Grand Cayman.

Disney seems to be pricing themselves out of reach for the middle class. Instead of a family staying a week every year, it seems Disney prefers that a family only stays a couple days every few years or even once in a life cycle instead. Guess they just want very high guest turnovers with these high prices.

Excuse my French but F Avio. 

Edited by The Master

12 hours ago, The Master said:

Disney seems to be pricing themselves out of reach for the middle class. Instead of a family staying a week every year, it seems Disney prefers that a family only stays a couple days every few years or even once in a life cycle instead. Guess they just want very high guest turnovers with these high prices.

Excuse my French but F Avio. 

But it keeps out the riffraff  😉

• 1 month later...

You know what really grinds my gears? When people think fences aren't for them. The fences are to make a place only for you. While at the park on Friday and standing between Dark Knight and Batman, I saw a young girl, probably 14, climbing over the Batmobile and at one point STANDING on the roof. I'm not sure why I'm surprised about this next part, someone who I expect was her father was taking pictures of her posing on the hood. He wasn't telling her to get out of there. He was telling her to pose.

How a company as large as Disney can spend billions and billions of dollars to roll out a system to make "things easier for guests" and have it down so often or work so slowly every time you use it.  What a piece of shi#!  Seeing a cartoon of Donald Duck appear on your screen with the words "We Quacked Up!" after waiting five minutes for an update gets old really fast.

• Like 1

When I had the Disney World app open to try to book additional FP+, it seemed like over half the time I had to force stop the app and re-open it to get it to work properly. It would freeze up or say there is no one in the party to book FP+ for. I have had to bring battery power pack and cable with me into the parks because it also really drains the phone battery.

• 3 weeks later...

The Phillies. They have no problems sweeping good teams like the Cubs and Red Sox but lose series or get swept by bad or horrible teams like the Marlins, White Sox, Padres and Giants. It's amazing they are probably going to miss the playoffs because of they can't win regularly against the Marlins. 16 games against them this year and have lost 9 out of those 16 games including Friday when they were winning 7-0 and somehow lost 19-11.

Edit, and I basically said the same thing a year ago. I wasn't expecting that to happen again this year.

On 9/9/2018 at 10:47 PM, Yoshi said:

Watching your favorite sports team go from 1st place in the division to likely not making the playoffs because they can't beat bad teams that are 30 games under .500 like the Marlins and Padres and haven't won a series since the first week of August.

• 2 weeks later...

I work for Campus Security at my college, and I had to assist with registering returning students cars on campus last week. To do this registration, you had to fill out a form online then come to Campus Security, let us verify it against your registration, give them a parking sticker, and send them on their way. There were multiple communications sent over the summer saying that all students must fill out this form again (everyone did this same process the last two years in a row). It generally went okay, but of course there were people who didn't fill out the form, causing a line that shouldn't really have even existed. So, that was pretty annoying.

Here's the best part about that day. A mom, dad, and their daughter (the student) walked into Campus Security basically yelling at us. Why? Because they shipped all of their daughter's things to school, rather than driving them here. Mind you, returning students all came back on a Sunday, so there's no mail service anywhere. They couldn't deal with that. All of her belongings were at Mail Services, and they kept demanding over and over again to get special access to Mail Services. They finally did, and had over 15 packages. The thing is, the daughter is a sophomore. She knew that Mail Services was not open on weekends. The nerve of some people though, right? 🙄

• 4 weeks later...

Universal's Cabana Bay. I stayed there last week and it really went downhill from my stay there last year. First thd waterslide in their one pool was closed during my whole stay. Second, the lazy river by their second pool was only open one day of my 6 day stay. Third, when I went to the hot tub for 15 minutes, someone stole my tube off the lounger I had. I complained about it to the front desk, they said they would provide a free replacement, even stating they called the tube shack by the pool so they would know. Of couse the lifeguards at thd tube shack were not contacted, and one was very rude to me saying the front desk nor the manager have permission to do that. A supervisor came by and told the rude lifeguard to give me a replacement tube whild the other lifeguards looked disgusted at the rude one. After being told all this was reported, I just called Universal's customer service and no report was filed with them by the hotel staff liie J was told. Too top it off, both pools and the river werd much colder than last year, despite the warm weather. Shame because I had a great stay there last year. Businesses can go downhill so quick. 

• 1 month later...

Misleading advertising -- Disney is having a "SITE-WIDE" sale where everything is 25% off.  Except the fine print:

Friends & Family 25% Off Promotion: Valid November 7, 2019 (12:01 am PT) through November 11, 2019 (11:59 pm PT) or while supplies last, whichever occurs first, on select, in-stock items purchased at Disney store and Disney Baby Store North America retail and outlet locations, on phone orders and orders placed online at shopDisney.com. Not valid on purchases made at Disney Parks and Resorts locations. Offer excludes shipping & handling charges, gift wrap & gift box charges, personalization charges, Disney Theme Park Tickets, Disney Gift Cards, The Walt Disney Company Collectible Shareholder Certificate, subscription products, art & collectibles, books & media (DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs & video games), electronic toys, limited edition, special edition & limited release merchandise, talking action figures, items related to a charitable promotion, and items from the following brands and collections:  Aden & Anais, Alex and Ani, Barbie Signature Collection, Barefoot Dreams, Beats by Dre, Bésame, Betsey Johnson, Circle with Disney, Citizen, COACH, ColourPop, CRISLU, Cubcoats, Disney Designer Jewelry Collection, Disney Parks Designer Collection, Disney Wisdom Collection, Disney Vacation Club, Dooney & Bourke, Enesco, Ethan Allen, Fantasy Flight Games, Finn & Emma, Freshly Picked, Garmin, Hanna Andersson, Harveys, Jim Shore, kate spade, Le Creuset, LEGO, Lenox, Levi’s, LÍLLÉbaby, Lionel, MagicBand, Marvel Legends Series, Master of Arts, Mickey: The True Original Exhibition, Milk Snob, New Balance, Nike, Nixon, Olszewski, Opening Ceremony, Otterbox Electronics, Pandora Jewelry, Pandora: The World of Avatar Interactive Banshee Toy, Petunia Pickle Bottom, Pippa & Julie, Precious Moments, rag & bone, Rebecca Hook, RockLove, S.T. Dupont, Sentiments, Shinola, Sideshow Collectibles, Star Wars: The Black Series, Starbucks, Steiff, Terez, Thomas Kinkade, TOMS, Tommy Bahama, select Vera Bradley, Vinylmation, and Waddle. Additional exclusions may apply. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or discount, except available shipping offers. Additional Shipping & Handling applies for select items or shipments to more than one shipment address. No adjustments to prior purchases. Merchandise subject to availability. Returns and exchanges will be subject to discount taken at time of purchase. Valid packing slip required for returns and exchanges. Offer subject to restrictions and change without notice. Void where prohibited.

I guess that leaves cheap plastic toys made in China.  (some of them!)