VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Fake Amazon reviews. I am trying to find a screen protector for a phone and every one with good reviews of a 4 1/2 star average or better and turn up on FakeSpot with 75% - 100% of the reviews being fake from the company or people paid from the company to write the reviews.

Amazon reviews are terrible. People buy a season pass for a tv show that hasn't aired yet and then leave one star reviews because no episodes are available yet. Episodes are released on Amazon the day after they air on tv, but some people can't wrap their head around that. I also hate the people that give products one star reviews because they had a shipping issue, but the product works fine.

Amazon reviews are terrible. People buy a season pass for a tv show that hasn't aired yet and then leave one star reviews because no episodes are available yet. Episodes are released on Amazon the day after they air on tv, but some people can't wrap their head around that. I also hate the people that give products one star reviews because they had a shipping issue, but the product works fine.

Their reviews are all over the map. I don't even pay attention to the numbers, I just read through the comments and see if I can pull any useful information out of them. Most of the crap people complain about is completely irrelevant to me.

Contractors!

I'm am one too, so you might say it's a taste of my own medicine but jeez it's hard to find the right ones. If there good, it costs a lot. If there cheap, it ends up costing a lot. With either pick, who knows when they will actually show up to work. I'm 2 months behind schedule. I need to be in before school starts for my kids, and this place is bleeding my money. Ugh!!!

I also have only been to the park twice this season with a great big zero count so far with HH.

Quite depressing but the new place will cheer me up when done and hopefully I can squeeze in a couple trips to HH before season end.

Wish me luck people! I need all the luck I can get.

Getting rust holes in the rear fenders of my winter beater from road salt. I could weld them up if I had the time.

I just washed my car this morning, and lightly scrubbed off what I thought was some tree sap off the front bumper. Turns out the entire clear coat came off in a few locations. I've never experienced this before with any of the dozens of cars I have owned over the years. I am so irritated right now....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That Halloween day this year is going to be coldest day of the week. Seems like the last few years, Halloweens have been cooler than usually. It will warm up again but it stinks Halloween is in a cool snap again this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Master said:

That Halloween day this year is going to be coldest day of the week. Seems like the last few years, Halloweens have been cooler than usually. It will warm up again but it stinks Halloween is in a cool snap again this year. 

At least it's always sunny on Halloween.

• 1 month later...

Sending an e-mail to an indoor waterpark almost 3 weeks ago with a question and not getting a response and that's after calling during hours when they were open and no one answering the phone.

• 1 month later...

The other day I was driving through a school zone with the sign that flashes 25 MPH.  This jackbag in a Jeep behind me tailgates within a foot of my rear bumper the whole way through the zone, even though there were at least two crossing guards present.  I tapped the brakes several times to try and get him off my rear, but to no avail.  After we got through the school zone I sped back up and he caught right back up to me and proceeded to tailgate me again.  About a quarter mile later, he finally turned off onto a sidestreet in a development, but not before flipping me the bird.  What the hell is wrong with people????

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, dougdrummer said:

The other day I was driving through a school zone with the sign that flashes 25 MPH.  This jackbag in a Jeep behind me tailgates within a foot of my rear bumper the whole way through the zone, even though there were at least two crossing guards present.  I tapped the brakes several times to try and get him off my rear, but to no avail.  After we got through the school zone I sped back up and he caught right back up to me and proceeded to tailgate me again.  About a quarter mile later, he finally turned off onto a sidestreet in a development, but not before flipping me the bird.  What the hell is wrong with people????

Was that you? I'm sorry. (kidding)

On the note of bad drivers, Here is something that happened to me at least 3 times. I'm cursing down the parkway doing 75, oops, I mean 65 and I'm in the left lane to go through the high speed EZpass and someone STOPS right in front of me. Well in my Fusion it seems the anti-lock breaks work. I was pushing the break with all I had and didn't think I was going to stop but I did. The guy waited for me to go around him (I was so close he had to inch up before I could go around) then he backed up on the parkway, the fast lane mind you, so he could cut across the lanes and go into the toll booths.

The first time was so much more satisfying when I was cursing up in my big old F150. That didn't have anti-lock breaks so it made a nice loud tire growl as they locked up and left a trail of rubber on the parkway. The poor teenager in the back seat, his eyes almost popped out of his head and got wider as I got closer. I don think he was keen on having a ford emblem tattoo and I assume only seeing a ford grill in the rearview gave the driver a scare. I know not being able to see much of his trunk lid after I stopped had my heart pounding. 

Now, I'm not a tail gaiter I promise you. These were people who stopped short on the parkway just because they didn't know how to pay their toll and didn't want a ticket.

What is wrong with people?

LOL that should be the last line of all what really grinds my gears.

Edited by scott

On 2/12/2018 at 9:19 AM, dougdrummer said:

There's a road near where I live that is 30 mph, no one goes 30 or even 40, most go 45 - 50. There is a spot where there is sometimes a police car that is kind of hidden and I have seen them pull over people for speeding. I won't go more than 35 - 39 mph because of that, I know people hate it and get tailgated occasionally but I'm not taking a chance of getting a ticket, possible points and having my insurance increase.

I could probably type up a whole page of things that annoy me about drivers in my area. It seems like every day someone is in an opposing traffic lane at a shopping center or making a left turn from the wrong lane. I guess it's because some of the entrances are confusing and many of them are right near I-81 exits and it is drivers not from the area (a lot of license plates from NY)

In Columbus, NJ there is a 25 zone but I get people tailgating me, even though there is a police station right there. One time once I reached the end of the zone and was speeding back up to 45, a guy passes me on a double line while I am accelerating fairly hard. Worst time was on another two land road where a corvette passed me and the truck ahead of me on a double line. 

23 hours ago, scott said:

Was that you? I'm sorry. (kidding)

On the note of bad drivers, Here is something that happened to me at least 3 times. I'm cursing down the parkway doing 75, oops, I mean 65 and I'm in the left lane to go through the high speed EZpass and someone STOPS right in front of me. Well in my Fusion it seems the anti-lock breaks work. I was pushing the break with all I had and didn't think I was going to stop but I did. The guy waited for me to go around him (I was so close he had to inch up before I could go around) then he backed up on the parkway, the fast lane mind you, so he could cut across the lanes and go into the toll booths.

The first time was so much more satisfying when I was cursing up in my big old F150. That didn't have anti-lock breaks so it made a nice loud tire growl as they locked up and left a trail of rubber on the parkway. The poor teenager in the back seat, his eyes almost popped out of his head and got wider as I got closer. I don think he was keen on having a ford emblem tattoo and I assume only seeing a ford grill in the rearview gave the driver a scare. I know not being able to see much of his trunk lid after I stopped had my heart pounding. 

Now, I'm not a tail gaiter I promise you. These were people who stopped short on the parkway just because they didn't know how to pay their toll and didn't want a ticket.

What is wrong with people?

LOL that should be the last line of all what really grinds my gears.

was that a Freudian slip when you mentioned (twice) that you were cursing up the highway?  LOL