VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

declaring-a-state-of-emergency-for-a-lit

He holds storm cabinent meetings and personally manidated for highly aggresive snow treating of roadways. Murphy himself stated he wecomes NJ "being the brining state of America," to his critics and sees nothing wrong with being overprepared and has promised to them that he will continue to have the state overprepare as that is how he will have things from now on.  Phil spent 38 milion on snow removal last winter, despite only having a 10 million budget and last winter being fairly mild with few snow events. So yeah, he has pushed NJDOT to go insanely overboard in an attempt to make himself look good.   

Excess road salt has many long term consequences, all of them really bad which is why it must be used sparingly.  Not dump a million tons for a fes furries that melted on the warm ground anyway. Last year, after being caught off guard by an unusually early snowstorm up in North NJ in Nov. NJDOT, under pressure from Murphy, salted roads for every little storm last winter, even for all rain storms with temps remaining above freezing. Very wasteful and reckless kneejerk reaction. Since you live in FL now, you missed all that fun in NJ last year. I dislike both parties so I am not try to push politics, I just don't like anybody damaging any of my cars, including the government.   

Edited by The Master

• 2 months later...
55 minutes ago, The Master said:

Disney World reverting the beautiful New Tomorrowland back to the plain and boring Old 70's Tomorrowland. Such a waste, and they clearly are doing it because its the cheapest and laziest option. 

Maybe Disney is thinking "everything old is new again". I grew up with that 70's version of the future so it doesn't affect me much.

The only other option would be a total renovation of the facades-like what KI did to their International Street. What if WDW closed down Tomorrowland for 2 months in the 0ff-season and re-did it in a "Blade Runner" style?-you know, in time for WDW's 50th anniversary in2021?

I don't think Tomorrowland needed another retheming, just refurb the current elements. Maybe even add more Art Deco elements to other parts of the land. A Blade Runner Tomorrowland would be cool, even all the neon  in the 1994 elements is inspired by Blade Runner. 

Couple of big issues I see with the revert are that Buzz Lightyear does not fit into the 70's themeing as well as the 50's. Especially as the ride contain 50's style tin robot toys which you shoot at. The other big issue is the big Art Deco arcade built by Space Mt, it will stick out like a sore thumb among reverted 70's styling. 

Tomorrowland was still in its original form when I was little and first visited WDW. I didn't like TL that much until they changed it in 94, I throught the 94 transformation was amazing. 

• 1 month later...

Gamestop's lack of concern for customers and especially their employees, this was posted by a District Manager on Reddit:

"District manager here... I can tell you this company is NOT taking the situation seriously.

Our regional call today was about taking more tech trades and "taking advantage" of the situation. This phrase was sincerely said on our call.

They will not shut down a store if they can avoid it. Even if an associate has come down with the virus, which has happened by the way. They expect associates from another location to come in, clean the location and re-open. This is mind-boggling.

Many DMs have expressed concerns with taking in trades - They will not halt the trade business.

We are also not allowed to email anyone about the coronavirus issue. Everything HAS to happen through voice calls.

It's insane team. I wish I had better news to bring you, but they are putting profits before their people and customers. They will risk spreading infection until the government in your area shuts down retail hours of operation.

Keep this in mind: GameStop CANNOT retaliate against you if you decide you are not coming into work out of corvid-19 concern. If you decide you've had enough, you can leave. Call your HR partner if you need to confirm. You can use PTO - but otherwise, you will not get paid unless the government in your state (or nationally) creates regulation.

I also suggest contacting your local state representatives and asking them to do something for retail associates. With many restaurants, bars, and dining facilities closing, we are most at risk of spreading this disease.

Stay safe"

"Taking advantage" of the situation?!?!? I rarely buy anything from their stores, now I will never buy anything from them again.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Was driving over in NJ today and saw they are already salting roads, it didn't even get near freezing. Never seen they salt the roads so early and its going to be in the low 70s most of next week, WTH? Now I have to take my car to a car wash tommorrow.

• 4 months later...

Line cutting at checkout lanes in stores, it seems to be getting worse ever since the lockdowns happened. Social distancing and unclear queue markings are contributing factors line cutters take full advantage of. 

• 4 months later...

NFL Network's brilliant idea while rebroadcasting the Eagles game right after it ended to have scores scrolling along the bottom of the screen showing the final of score of the game a minute into the broadcast.

Yeah it's annoying (I'm glad it was pre-season and not a regular season game). I will be prepared next time by blocking the bottom of the TV screen with a small cardboard box.

Disney Genie.  Disney, stop stripping down the theme park experience and replacing it with up charges that suck the blood out of your guests and their wallets.  

New resort parking fees, elimination of Magical Express, paid fast pass, events with skyrocketing pricing and shorter hours, massive merchandise and food price increases, less entertainment, rides which take 5+ years to open if not cancelled in their entirety, and on and on and on….

They have ruined their product.  Enough!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s not bad enough they are charging for Fast Pass, now an extra surcharge on top of paid Fast Pass for the popular rides after paying $100+ day to enter? It never bothered me to see other parks like Six Flags and Cedar Fair charge for their line skipping because of how cheap the season passes are and that a Great Adventure gold season pass with all season Gold Flash Pass  is around the same price as a 1 day park hopper at Disney with parking. 

I’m almost dreading to see what the annual pass prices are going to be when they return. 

• Like 1

That sounds horrible. I hated having to get up at 6:45 am to get the Rise of the Resistance boarding group and that was just 1 day. There was no going back to sleep since I knew I was either going to be happy to get the boarding time or too annoyed if I didn’t get it. We ended up just going to the park to get there before opening to ride the Runaway Railway with no wait. That was back in May with the reduced capacities, now it’s probably even worse.

I used to get up at 5:00 am to be at the park gate before 7:00 at Disney which sucked. All these new upcharges ard terrible, they are pretty much adopting modern video game marketing strategies where it is pay to play. Its pretty much a return to the old ride ticket system, they are just dressing it up and PR spinning it. As Rick Deckard would say, "I was quit when I first came in here, I am twice as quit now." which sums up how I feel towards Disney parks. 

• 2 weeks later...

WDW annual pass pricing is out and what a surprise, prices have skyrocketed with reduced features (like PhotoPass).

As a DVC member, an annual pass was $719.  Now the cost is $998, a 39% increase.  They can keep it.

The Platinum level pass which includes water parks and sports has gone from $999 to $1497.  That is a 50% increase.  I home this all backfires on them.

• Like 1

As much as I hate the increases, I'm still going to buy one. Either the $399 or $699 pass depending on what the rest of my family decides and then another $100 for the water parks. We are going to try to spend as little as possible in the parks like buying food and souvenirs (I like the Character Warehouse outlet with the much lower prices). Not that there are great souvenirs anyway since most stores have the same generic merchandise that is sometimes not even WDW specific like some jigsaw puzzles at World of Disney with just Disneyland and California Adventure attractions.