VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

• 1 month later...

Watching your favorite sports team go from 1st place in the division to likely not making the playoffs because they can't beat bad teams that are 30 games under .500 like the Marlins and Padres and haven't won a series since the first week of August.

Airtravel, I was stranded in DFW airport for 16 hours. Kept moving my connecting flight from gate to gate until they cancelled it at the very last minute. Then I was bumped from the next available flight and had to wait for the next one. Was supposed to have a window seat but was moved to a middle seat. Guy who had the window seat was fat, had poor hygine, and closed the shades for the whole flight so he could read his smart phone beeides having his A/C on full blast. Plus it was a older plane without screens in the seats. Then I get to PHL to find my bags are over in the International terminal luggage claim. 

Edited by The Master

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2018 at 11:56 PM, Yoshi said:

Stories like that are why I dread flying and would rather spend 20 hours to drive to Florida than a 2 1/2 hour flight.

Amen. Flying isnt fun anymore in part to the BS airline extra costs, and then you get the seatmate from hell & baggage issues on top?! No thanks. Warm the car up....

On 9/20/2018 at 8:50 AM, SkellySkeletor said:

You can see one Here on the far left, and another Here, although at Great America. I remember a few of these in front of the CarnEvil Maze in the Boardwalk.

The first image is a carriage. lol https://www.parkjourney.com/uploads/2/4/0/4/24040019/9844588_orig.jpg

I assume you're thinking of the fire totems that line Dream Street. They're from the Carousel to the Giant Wheel. There's also 2 at the entrance of Dead Man's Party. I don't remember them being in front of CarnEvil, but I guess they just put 2 of them elsewhere this year. They're still there. They did get a new Clown sign thing in front of CarnEvil, so maybe that's why there's no fire totem there.

On 9/19/2018 at 11:00 AM, SkellySkeletor said:

They dumbed down the decorations for Fright Fest this year. What happened to all the smoke and fire totems throughout the boardwalk and Golden Kingdom? 

They have been dumbed down since the 90s. 

On 9/9/2018 at 10:47 PM, Yoshi said:

Watching your favorite sports team go from 1st place in the division to likely not making the playoffs because they can't beat bad teams that are 30 games under .500 like the Marlins and Padres and haven't won a series since the first week of August.

And almost 3 weeks later, watching the same team lose 8 in a row (and likely finish the season with a 11 game losing streak), finishing under .500 after being 15 games over .500 last month, finishing in 3rd place and watching a team that is quit. Crazy how you can go from optimistic the entire season thinking they might lose 100 games next year.

• 2 weeks later...

What Dorney did to their Trick or Treat house this year. For this year, Dorney has Trick or Treat nearly dark with most of the lighting turned off. Every few guests gets a small flashlight to light the house. Because of this you can barely see the detailed sets in rhis house and is just a really stupid idea.

Ten years ago, Universal tried something similar with miner helmets that one out of 20 guests would get. It sucked back then and it still sucks today. 

• 2 weeks later...

Computer problems seem to be going around! My laptop lost it's wifi completely so the only way I can currently access things is plugging my iPhone into it and using the iPhone as a hotspot. It works, but the connection is slow which is making it very difficult to upload large files... :(

• 3 weeks later...

Related to the current storm, how nobody in the mid-Atlantic region offers wool wax undercoating. It is a sticky, waxy, and oily coating that remains soft and prevent road salt from rotting out the underbody. It is professional offered service up in New England and out west in the Ohio Valley, but bypasses our area for some reason. I even talked to one bodyshop, he knows of it but said the jobbers are simply not interested in exapanding wool wax undercoating services here. Back in Oct before it got so unusually cold, I sprayed my car with wool wax myself with a professional undercoating gun I bought. 

Edited by The Master

• 2 weeks later...

Online stores that still don't use real time inventory control. I bought a PS4 bundle from Kohl's and they wait almost 24 hours later to cancel it. It supposedly happened to a lot of people that bought an XBox One or PS4 from them the past 2 days.  🙄

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 2:07 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Being “PC”.  If you have problems with Rudolph and the song Baby It’s Cold Outside you need a life.  

When the media grabs ahold of running internet jokes like "Rudolph promotes bullying" or "Baby It's Cold Outside is Rapey" and turn it into a new story to drive traffic and people take seriously.