VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

I'm not looking forward to getting a new phone because of that. I got the iPhone 6 last year for $127 at Sam's Club and they tried to get me to switch to AT&T Next with monthly payments and besides giving up unlimited data, it would have been more expensive overall. I am going to keep the phone until it breaks and then probably get a refurbished 6 or 6S whenever that happens.

I'm not looking forward to getting a new phone because of that. I got the iPhone 6 last year for $127 at Sam's Club and they tried to get me to switch to AT&T Next with monthly payments and besides giving up unlimited data, it would have been more expensive overall. I am going to keep the phone until it breaks and then probably get a refurbished 6 or 6S whenever that happens.

That's my issue too. I got locked in a contact while ATT still had them, they tried pushing me for the next program and I denied it for the fact it was more money and my unlimited data would be gone.

The Golden Tickets are so weird in their choices. And so biased towards some parks/chains over others.

I don't like how they prefer Phoenix and Boulder Dash over El Toro, Outlaw Run, and Lightning Rod. I'm assuming they prefer modern-classic coasters. This could also point out why Nitro and Millennium Force rank very high (top 5) while Intimidator 305 is ranked between 15 to 20 for no reason.

How most/ if not all cell phone companies got rid of 2 year contracts and forcing people to buy the phone full price or pay for it monthly for 2+ years.

I switched to Virgin Mobile years ago when I got sick of paying over a hundred bucks a month. One of the best decisions I've ever made. You have to buy your phone, there are plenty of options but I only pay 35 bucks a month for unlimited data, calls and texts. They throttle the internet speed after a certain amount of data but I'm almost always on WiFi anyway that I rarely ever go over anyway.

I'm still saving so much money, I'm finally getting my gf to switch over because she's been paying something stupid like 130 bucks a month. I just upgrade my phone whenever I feel like and usually get something in the mid tier range of 200 or below.

I don't like how they prefer Phoenix and Boulder Dash over El Toro, Outlaw Run, and Lightning Rod.

In regards to Lightning Rod - you have to give it a year or two for the voters to actually ride any new coaster before it will really rise to where it "should" be in the rankings. Fury 325 just took the number one spot this year, despite opening last year. Especially with Lightning Rod's problems and downtime, it has barely even been open enough for most voters to ride it.

This is why Mitch Hawker's poll was better from a statistical standpoint. GTA's are still just a popularity contest, but at least the voters are experienced and qualified to some extent.

The people I know who are "in the know" say that Pandora will be spectacular and worth the wait and money spent on it. I'm sure it will be cool, I just don;t know that anyone cares about Avatar anymore...

I'm curious as well, I'm actually going to the avatar cirque show called toruk this weekend at the prudential center. I'm curious how many people actually go.

Sounds like they are trying to take Avatar down the Marvel films route. One of the issues I had with The Force Awakens was that it was an obvious rush job to copy the Marvel formula.

To me, it seemed the whole Avatar land deal was a knee jerk reaction to Harry Potter at Universal. That after the Lucasfilm purchase by Disney, the Avatar land became redundant with the new Star Wars lands as SW is much more popular than Avatar. The only time I hear about Avatar anymore is from the Rifftrax guys who are kind of stuck in 2009 with some of their jokes. So the only people who care about the film are stupid internet hater geeks who still hate and bad mouth the film years after it lost reverence and became forgotten with the mainstream media, which is pretty sad of those geeks.

Edited by The Master

WDW announces its next closure - Stitch's Great Escape in Tomorrowland. It is seasonal but that just means the park only has to operate it for guests when attendance is high but they get to charge you the same high ticket price 24/7. It wasn't my favorite attraction but these closures and cutbacks are getting ridiculous.

• Like 1

I hate when attractions go seasonal since that seems like it usually is only a matter of time before it closes for good. I tried Stitch's Great Escape once and didn't like it but at least it helped with crowds and if it were to close permanently, they would probably just leave it SBNO or turn the space into a store. If they are going to close rides during slow times and run rides at half capacity (Primeval Whirl and Safari earlier this year), tickets should be less instead of increasing every year.

No doubt but it stinks that it will mostly likely just be replaced by a Stitch meet and greet in the lobby area. And most likely make people use one of their fast passes to see him.

Sadly enough, I can see that happening. Eventually they might end up demolishing both old tomorrowland attraction buildings and doing a major overhaul of that land.

• 2 weeks later...

Hershey charging $10 to ship a season pass coupon book if you renew the pass online, with no option to pick it up at the park or say no to the coupon book (the 2016 book was almost worthless). I know Great Adventure charges an online processing fee but that doesn't seem as bad to me when it's $63.99 for a Gold Pass vs $140 for the Hersheypark season pass.

Hershey charging $10 to ship a season pass coupon book if you renew the pass online, with no option to pick it up at the park or say no to the coupon book (the 2016 book was almost worthless). I know Great Adventure charges an online processing fee but that doesn't seem as bad to me when it's $63.99 for a Gold Pass vs $140 for the Hersheypark season pass.

I've been on the fence about a Hershey Park season pass. I already have the six flags gold pass but I have two trips that I'm planning out next year so I'll be getting the cedar fair platinum pass and a Busch Gardens season pass(I forget what they call the one that let's you into all their parks but that's what I'm getting)

My plan is to go to Busch Gardens Tampa / Orlando SeaWorld and maybe Aquatica. Then make a few trips down to Williamsburg throughout the year so it makes the pass well worth the money.

Cedar fair I plan on going to cedar point, kings island and dominion and Carowinds. Then Dorney I can go to whenever so that's worth it too.

All of that makes it really hard for me to justify the Hershey Park season pass. Especially cause there is no season dining plan pass.

There is a combo deal for a ticket that gets you into 1 Halloween event and 1 Xmas event so I might just do that instead.

Edited by SatansHockey

I didn't think it was possible for Screamscape to add more ads to their site. I was wrong. It's like watching cable news where all the sidebars and news crawlers make the actual viewing screen about 20% of the screen size. Half the time I just give up rather than try battling the ads.

• Like 1