VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Reading books about the Holocaust in school. They're so boring, sad, repetitive, and not very interesting for me. I'd rather read about the Cold War instead.

This reminds me of a time way back in elementary school (I want to say 4th grade). I was out sick the day that my class learned about the Holocaust for the first time. I believe the class listened to a speaker or something talk about it with a bunch of photographs. When I came in the next day, my teacher forced me to go to the library to look at the photos that were still there and write something about it. I had no idea what I was writing about! I didn't learn anything! All I remember was a photo of a small piece of bread, which I wrote something about, but I had no idea what the Holocaust actually was at the time of writing that. So, shout out to that teacher. A+ teaching.

Edited by Matt Kaiser

This reminds me of a time way back in elementary school (I want to say 4th grade). I was out sick the day that my class learned about the Holocaust for the first time. I believe the class listened to a speaker or something talk about it with a bunch of photographs. When I came in the next day, my teacher forced me to go to the library to look at the photos that were still there and write something about it. I had no idea what I was writing about! I didn't learn anything! All I remember was a photo of a small piece of bread, which I wrote something about, but I had no idea what the Holocaust actually was at the time of writing that. So, shout out to that teacher. A+ teaching.

The other problem is that we are starting to learn about the Holocaust every year now and learn basically the same thing only through different books. The weird thing is that the school I go to teaches the Holocaust in reading class and not in history class. As a result the Holocaust unit is usually the hardest topic I do in school each year.

• 3 weeks later...

Disney raised prices AGAIN, putting their parks even further out of reach for many. It would be different if their product was getting better. Fewer offerings at higher prices. They need some major pixie dusting and ala the classic Disney kind and not things like Marvel overlays.

The water parks and fun option was also removed as an add on by itself. Now you have to buy a park hopper and add water parks and fun as the park hopper plus for an extra $90. Even a 5 day base ticket without any add ons is almost $75 a day.

The route the driving directions give to Six Flags America. From the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel to the park, the directions took us on a slightly congested local route via I-97 and Route 301 instead of taking I-95 or the B-W Parkway to the Capital Beltway and exit to the park. It's reasonable and rather straightforward but weird. The slow operations Six Flags America has is also irritating with 5 minute dispatches on coasters.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking pretty bad now, a foot of snow for Tues and below normal temps till past next weekend which has a chance for more snow. Going to be tough next 10 days at least. The plow piles will be around into April.

• 4 months later...

Yeah that is horrible. I have a regular iPhone 6 and supposedly it can happen to that version as well although not as much as the 6 Plus. I was considering getting another 6 when this one goes but am not going to because of the risk that happening. I remember hearing when it was first being reported that Apple didn't even want to admit there was a problem.

It really sucked! Made the whole phone useless as it had a mind of its own. With the touch sensors malfunctioning it kept selecting icons off the screen and opening them at random. When it started writing junk text messages and dialing random phone numbers I shut it down for good.

What made it even worse is I didn't even drop the phone which apple claims causes the issue.

Apple charging $149 to fix a known defect (touch disease) in their 6-plus phones when it is their design failure.

I actually just really lucked out at the Apple store. I had a mid-2012 Macbook Pro that started constantly shutting down unexpectedly. They determined that the battery had to be replaced, but they wouldn't have the parts until September. They gave me two choices: (1) wait until September and get the battery replaced for free, or (2) for $212, they'll find me a refurbished replacement of equal or better specs.

Now, I personally think it was likely that the problem was more than just the battery, so that made the decision easy. About three days later, I was given a mid-2015 Macbook Pro with a faster processor clockspeed, double the GPU RAM and double the SSD capacity. And because of the 3 year jump, that's a 3-generation increase of the processor. AND it comes with the one year warranty.

So, not sure if that belongs in this thread.... but it definitely grinded my gears having my computer shut down while trying to work.

• Like 1