VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Disney World altering Pirates so you now get really wet. I was down there last week, rode it 3 times, twice on Tues and once on Thrus and all 3 times a huge wave crashes over the boats soaking the passengers after the dip, especially in the first 3 rows. It gets you far wetter than Splash Mt now and they don't even warn people about it.

I thought part of the ride being closed was to fix that? When I was there earlier this year we were told to go to the first row and when we asked for another row because we had heard you get soaked in the front they told us all rows are the same.

I thought part of the ride being closed was to fix that? When I was there earlier this year we were told to go to the first row and when we asked for another row because we had heard you get soaked in the front they told us all rows are the same.

I got soaked in the first row. In the back row I got wet but not nearly as bad as the front, however, I kept my feet up so they wouldn't get soaked by the sloshing water. The water still sloshed on the boat floor all the way to the back.

• 2 weeks later...

When people destroy the life out of Six Flags but praise Cedar Fair/ Disney for doing the same thing.

People gave Six Flags junk about marketing their Larson Loops as coasters (I Don't agree) but didn't care that Cedar Point called a Zamperla Skater (Basically a larger Tango) a Coaster

^That's actually a debatable topic. I do not agree with calling Super Loops coasters, though I understand it from a marketing perspective. Extended disk'os, however, do run solely from gravity on portions of the downhill sections.

At this point it becomes essentially a incomplete circuit powered coaster. Whether or not you call powered coasters as coasters (like Thunder Run--Canada's Wonderland) is up to you, but there is not much of a distinction other than the incomplete circuit and style of cars, which really doesn't matter.

When people destroy the life out of Six Flags but praise Cedar Fair/ Disney for doing the same thing.

I feel like it's been that way for years. The locker policy is another example I can think of. When Six Flags added it, there were complaints all over yet Cedar Point and Busch Gardens did the same thing the complaints are minimal.

The reverse way is the same

Disney's Animal Kingdom didn't sell straws or plastic lids cause animals might choke on them (Or something like that) but when Six Flags did the same thing, Everyone accused them of doing it, Not to save the environment but to save money and be cheap.

Whatever the reason why Six Flags or Disney does this, One gets praise, the other gets hatred.

When Six Flags added it, there were complaints all over yet Cedar Point and Busch Gardens did the same thing the complaints are minimal.

Well that's because some of the Cedar Fair parks ask you to buy a locker to ride rides. Kings Dominion actually has NO lockers on the dry side, so you don't have to spend an extra $10 on lockers throughout the day.

I feel like it's been that way for years. The locker policy is another example I can think of. When Six Flags added it, there were complaints all over yet Cedar Point and Busch Gardens did the same thing the complaints are minimal.

I didn't know those parks had put in locker nazis and it is a shame that they did. At least Dorney doesn't have it for now, and they manage to out dispatch GADV anyway.

• 4 months later...

:angry: Just found out some Six Flags executives also work on a certain special interest group I deeply disagree with, half thinking about returning my season pass over it. At the very least I won't be spending any more money on food or merchandise at their parks.

Edited by The Master

• 1 month later...

Gamestop customer service. I never received 1 item from my order. They created a shipping label from the store it shipped from but never actually gave the package to UPS since the tracking never updated that UPS received it. After waiting a month to see if it updated and did not I e-mailed them. It took 2 weeks for a response only for them to ignore the issue completely and reply that according to their records everything in the order shipped and they apologize for any inconvenience with no mention of the actual problem.

• 1 month later...

StubHub and their going back to hidden fees rather than a total price shown. 4 tickets suddenly jump in price at checkout with $63 in extra fees.

There is an option to show the fees when browsing but you have to turn it on. I think it's stupid as well, just show the prices up front.

Wild Water Kingdom today only having their front change house open, it is their inferior change house. It has fewer change booths and only cold water for their showers. Their second change house at the rear of the park by the old wave pool is so much nicer, more change booths, larger restrooms, more shower stalls, and hot water in all the showers.

Dunkin Donuts inconsistency. Even though I always order the same Coffee, it never taste the same.

Also the service at the one near the park is atrocious. 2 or 3 cars ahead of me at the drive thru the other day, had to wait to order, repeat my order twice, finally move up and get to the window almost 8 minutes later. They then ask my order yet again to where the guy at the window had to repeat my order for the person making my coffee(yes it wasn't even made at this point) i counted at least 5 times....yes 5 times they had to say my order, and even though i waited almost 10 minutes to just GET to the window, i now had to wait for my single order, a small coffee, to be made.

There is an option to show the fees when browsing but you have to turn it on. I think it's stupid as well, just show the prices up front.

Thanks for that information, I'll use it next time I use the site to buy tickets.

• 3 weeks later...