VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Stupid guests at SFGA who make my 9-5 miserable. woman left her 6yo daughter on a bench outside KdK and got in line with her two teenage daughters. Line was about 2 hours. i saw the girl asked her how long her mom left and said a few minutes, so i took her to LP to wait. When he mom gets off the ride she is franticly searching for her daughter. i se this and tell her where she is and this lady starts RIPPING INTO ME for moving and touching her daughter (i held her hand), calling me all kinds of stuff from rent-a-cop to some more eloquent things. In the end, she shoved me in the chest, so i tossed her for cursing and assault.

Kids who cut under the bars at El Toro when the line is short despite me standing there telling them not to. One kid ended up smacking his forehead on the bar and flipping backwards and smacked his head on the conc. If you know anything about head wounds, the forehead is the worst, the blood vessels just drain, he also got a mild concussion.

People who tell me about line cutters an hour after it happened.

I like throwing out therulebreakers, it makes my day more interesting.

Also, people who try and get out of ejections by saying they have a relative who is a cop/lawyer/sheriff/Statey/astronaut/president/hired gun/know a park manager/ect

That is a hard one to top, but about the people reporting linecutters an hour after it happens, sometimes it takes that long to just cycle though the line before they get to any ride ops at the end of the line let alone exit the ride after riding to find a security guard. But it's still better that it is reported late than never. Dorney in alot of their queues have either rope netting or metal bars under their queue rails to prevent people from ducking under them, GAdv should adopt that idea.

That is a hard one to top, but about the people reporting linecutters an hour after it happens, sometimes it takes that long to just cycle though the line before they get to any ride ops at the end of the line let alone exit the ride after riding to find a security guard. But it's still better that it is reported late than never. Dorney in alot of their queues have either rope netting or metal bars under their queue rails to prevent people from ducking under them, GAdv should adopt that idea.

if i had all day i could go on forever about some of the more ridiculous things people do. On guy lost his wallet on Superman and it has a few hundreds in it. It was a windy day and they started blowing around the infield. 5 unrelated guests went into the infield while the ride was in operation to get the money, to keep for themselves.

I read this forum all the time and everyone complains about linecutters, but in the time i worked security last year, i had maybe a dozen or so guests actually report that to me. And i personally walk the line from end to end and back or stand in a place where i can observe the entire line. though superman is the worst because its so much ground to cover and its hard to get from one side to the other. same with KDK. El toro is the best after Medusa.

People who spit while riding, it's so gross. A drop of spit hitting you in the face during a roller coaster ride will ruin that ride. Also on Superman's brake platform how it's coated with ABC gum, spit, and sometimes vomit and you are stopped there looking right at it ugg.

Great Adventures policy of not giving too much info on new rides on their website. I was just checking out all the Diamondback photos, videos, wallpaper and all the other stuff about their new ride. What do we have? an article in the "more news" tab and that's about it. We have to rely on Flying Phil to let us know what's going on, and that's pretty sad. I'm not knocking Phil or anything, my frustration is with the park but it's pathetic that that's all we have to tell us what's going on with Medusa.

When someone keeps telling you are wrong when you know you are right. For example a couple of years ago on a different forum I talked about the TORO gas carts that carry out garbage at GAdv. Another member there claimed that they were a park employee and that they had no such thing. Last season I saw two TORO garbage carts pass each other inside of the park.

When someone keeps telling you are wrong when you know you are right. For example a couple of years ago on a different forum I talked about the TORO gas carts that carry out garbage at GAdv. Another member there claimed that they were a park employee and that they had no such thing. Last season I saw two TORO garbage carts pass each other inside of the park.

They also use those Toro carts for transporting ice! :Snowman:

• 2 weeks later...
I hope they have one set of carts for ice and another set for trash LOL.

what grinds my gears, DisneyWorld. I just got back, and i have to say i am disappointed. everything is the same as it was 5 years ago when i was there last. It just shows that despite disney being in a class of their own, that isnt always a good thing. there is no pressure to improve, like SFGA, HP and CFA put on each other.

what grinds my gears, DisneyWorld. I just got back, and i have to say i am disappointed. everything is the same as it was 5 years ago when i was there last. It just shows that despite disney being in a class of their own, that isnt always a good thing. there is no pressure to improve, like SFGA, HP and CFA put on each other.

There have been upgrades to Spaceship Earth and The Haunted Mansion, as well as a new daytime parade in the Magic Kingdom.

I just got back and there were new things added in the year since my last visit in January 2008. (Toy Story Mania, American Idol Experience, new Magic Kingdom parade....)

No new mega E-ticket attractions but still some new stuff.

you know what really grinds my gears, people who pronounce ferry as fairy. When I went to Disney world, this old married couple got in a big fight on the monorail about how to pronounce it correctly. Every time the wife said fairy she would smile. The conversation was just too obnoxious. As for Disney World being too boring, the size of Disney's rides means they most likely have to remove a ride to put in a new ride, which I fear may be my favorite ride. I am hoping, however, that they add a Beauty and the Beast ride to Fantasyland, that would probably be very cool.

Winter with the cold, ice and snow. Heating oil bills, shoveling the dumb snow, the cold that causes my hands to crack and bleed and bad chills. Getting sick from the cold and a running nose. The damn road salt that rots out car bodies, over passes, bridges, etc. Heavy winter clothes that are arkward and uncomfortable to wear and also means more clothes to wash. Also outdoor work becomes painful and harder to do in the cold.