VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 1 - Improve Select Areas of Pavement

• 29yrswithaGApass changed the title to Day 1 - Improve Select Areas of Pavement

I know this is wishful thinking,but it would be cool if Great Adv. tried to get "themed" concrete for the walkways:basically in Frontier Adventures the concrete would be dirt-colored and have animal prints in it(deer/wolf/horses,etc) and in Movie Town they could try to make it like the Hollywood Walk Of Fame,but with Warner Bros./DC Comics characters.

12 hours ago, ericthewanderer said:

I know this is wishful thinking,but it would be cool if Great Adv. tried to get "themed" concrete for the walkways:basically in Frontier Adventures the concrete would be dirt-colored and have animal prints in it(deer/wolf/horses,etc) and in Movie Town they could try to make it like the Hollywood Walk Of Fame,but with Warner Bros./DC Comics characters.

There are some small hints of this throughout the park. A few areas have leaf and fossil-like imprints in the concrete. Movie Town has a few walk of fame stars in front of the shop with old Great Adventure coasters as stars.

15 hours ago, ericthewanderer said:

Agree 100%.  I've brought up this topic many times over the last couple years.  Now that I attend regularly with a season pass, I tend to look at the details, and one of the first things I notice is the horrendous conditions of some of the pavement.  At best, the walkways throughout the park are inconsistent, and in worse case they are a hazard.  One the areas over by the old Stunt Show arena still has foundations from old buildings removed, with rebar and concrete footings sticking up slightly above the ground line.  Not only does this look awful, but it has to be a tripping hazard.

I really like the themed pavement idea, which was started in some areas. Stamped and colored concrete would be the way to go in my opinion.  I'm not so sure about the new Justice League area, which was paved with a lot of plain white concrete.  That surface absorbs rubber from work vehicles, and also stains very easily from whatever falls off of any trees in the vicinity, as well as stains quickly if you have any iron in the soil (cedar water is common in this part of NJ).  I imagine in another year or so the concrete is not going to look very aesthetic.

Edited by dougdrummer