VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fright Fest 2018

29yrswithaGApass

New for 2018

We're not telling you everything...yet. Here's a taste. Good things still to come to those who wait. And by "good" we mean "horrifying."

Fear logo with scared eyes

FEAR

We'll prey on your worst nightmares, from spiders and blood to dolls, ghosts, small spaces, clown and more!

Learn More

scary zombie reflection in mirror

REFLECTIONS OF THE DEAD

Come face-to-face with yourself as you desperately try to escape the evil lurking in the labyrinth of mirrors, mystery and mayhem!

Learn More

Blood drums logo

BLOOD DRUMS

Feel the heat during this dazzling display of rhythmic beats and fire artistry!

Learn More

Source:  Six Flags Great Adventure

The “Fear” maze looks like a huge improvement over the Total Darkness maze which I assume that it’s replacing.  Does anyone know if the mirror maze will be replacing “The Heist”?

• 4 weeks later...

Six Flags Great Adventure Unleashes Biggest and Scariest Fright Fest Ever with Four New Haunted Attractions

New ‘Hell Fest’ Maze Themed after the Upcoming Horror Movie Among this Year’s Highlights

JACKSON, N.J. — September 12, 2018 — Six Flags Great Adventure, the World’s Ultimate Thrill Park, will debut its biggest and scariest Fright Fest® in park history this fall. The Northeast’s Largest Halloween party runs weekends and select days September 15 through October 31 featuring more than 25 Halloween-themed shows and attractions, including the terrifying Hell Fest maze based on the new horror movie, Hell Fest, in theaters this fall. The scare factor continues to ramp up with newly-themed haunted houses, a heart-pounding new show, and the 20th season of the park’s iconic, live, stage spectacular – Dead Man’s Party.

Guests can enjoy Thrills By Day with all of their favorite rides and family-friendly entertainment; but after the sun sets, it’s Fright By Night with terrifying mazes, blood-curdling scare zones, spooktacular shows and monstrous rides in the dark.

One of this year’s stunning new mazes, Hell Fest, will depict scenes straight from the movie including:

•     The Mausoleum, an increasingly narrow corridor that forces guests to feel the touch of death;

•     The Mask Room, a haunting room filled with floating white faces that could spring to life when visitors least expect it;

•     The Doll Room, filled with dolls straight out of the worst nightmares; and

•     The Torture Chamber, where the bodies of the disassembled, dissected and disemboweled wish to share their horrific ending.

Room by room, guests must find their way out, or risk being trapped by “The Other,” the movie’s deranged antagonist.

Also new this season:

• Fears – Guests become immersed in the most paralyzing phobias and living nightmares, from creepy, crawly spiders to cramped spaces, from popping balloons to squirting blood. Can guests fight their fears and make it to the end without crumbling? Fee required.
  • Blood Drums – Driving techno beats and live drums mix with rhythmic power tools and fire artistry to create a unique, pulse-pounding percussion show. Included with park admission.
  • Reflections of the Dead – Guests come face-to-face with themselves as they desperately try to escape this modern-day mirror maze holding spirits from beyond the grave. This labyrinth of mystery and mayhem includes glowing LED lights, vanishing images, and confusion around every corner. Begins Sept. 28, fee required.
  • Dead Man’s Party’s 20th Season – Celebrate the spectacular 20th season of Dr. Fright’s annual, iconic song-and-dance bash. This rock concert-meets-Broadway-style live show will feature new music, eye-popping special effects including lasers and pyrotechnics, a dynamic cast and all-new choreography by renowned dancer/choreographer Theresa Stone. Included with park admission.

In addition to the new frights, classic family favorites will return by popular demand:

• Trick-or-Treat Trail
  • Professor Slithers’ Creepy Critters
  • Spooky Kooky Magic Show

After 6 pm when the park takes a very dark turn, guests can expect their Halloween favorites like:

• The Arrival ghoul parade
  • The Awakening
  • Unleashed
  • Cell Block 6
  • Demon District

All “monstertainment” shows, scare zones, Safari Off Road Adventure and world-class thrill rides are included with park admission, Season Pass and active Membership. Eight haunted mazes require an additional fee. Fright By Night is not recommended for children under 12 and those who scare easily.  For more information, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

Source:  Six Flags Great Adventure

• 29yrswithaGApass changed the title to Fright Fest 2018 -- Details Announced
On 8/17/2018 at 5:00 PM, Mr.Six said:

The “Fear” maze looks like a huge improvement over the Total Darkness maze which I assume that it’s replacing.  Does anyone know if the mirror maze will be replacing “The Heist”?

That's what signage at the park seems to be indicating.

It’s odd that Reflections of the Dead and Wicked Woods won’t be open until September 28th.  I’m very excited for the new mazes.  This could be one of the best Fright Fests to date, ignoring the crowds.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, so I went to fright fest this past Sunday and I have to say what a great event it was! The Awakening was awesome as always and so was unleashed in the showcase theater. All of the trails that were open were done very well and the scare actors were very good at their jobs. I went to Six Flags Magic Mountain over the Summer and they had a show much like unleashed without the spooky part and I have to say that Unleashed was on par with that show so kudos to them- the thing about it is, its almost literally the same show. I think it was such a brilliant idea! Two or three of the acts were the same act as the one in Magic Mountain with the same person performing it! I just thought it was funny and was pleasantly surprised by it.

Here is my one gripe with Fright Fest as a whole. Dead Man's Party. It was by far THE WORST Dead Man's Party there has ever been. My entire family agreed. The performers were FANTASTIC! The special effects were FANTASTIC! (even better than the past two years in my opinion) So what was the problem, you ask? The music. It was horrendous. Dead Man's Party was originally a show with harder music and not as family-friendly. It gave it the difference between a show i would expect in a kids area of the park and the HEADLINE show of Fright Fest. It came off as very pathetic and did not fit the feel of the show from the past few years. I was with a group of almost twenty people ranging from 10 to 70 and everyone agreed that the music pick absolutely killed the show this year. I feel bad for the performers because they were doing their best and honestly performed excellently. I do not say this to offend anyone involved but I was hoping, if enough of you agreed, the park would see this and make changes for next year. Let me know what you think.

58 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

This is very likely this last show for Dead Man's Party at former Batman stunt area this year then next year they will might relocate the show to another location because Great Adventure might demolish old stunt area for 2020 coaster.

What is your source?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, scott said:

It just seems logical. Who needs a source, where else would a T-Rex go? I hear it will be called Shazam! A little late for the movie but a name that hasn't been used yet. :lol2:

Actually, it doesn't.

DC markets their rides off of the cartoon lineup and not their movies.  We'd likely see a Supergirl or Flash themed ride before Shazam.  And the park isn't going to cut off it's nose to spite it's face.  They won't demolish that venue unless it's apparent there is absolutely no other choice on the off-chance they can actually provide some sort of show there on the cheap.  They'll add a ride somewhere else before they trash that arena.

As for Dead Man's Party, considering that they canned the choreographer who'd been running it for almost 20 years last year and this year's show is getting tepid reviews, I can actually see them going with a different show next season.  

Edited by Lemur

Thanks Lemur.  I actually agree with you and I don't think the stunt arena is going anywhere. I was just kidding. I don't know where the theming is derived from. I always assumed it was the movies as it had felt like they opened close together.

Oh, and since Shazam seems like it will be a fun super hero movie and not as dark as other DC movies I think it would be better theming for a ride geared towards the younger crowd. I(f it was to be used as the theme for anything.

13 minutes ago, scott said:

Thanks Lemur.  I actually agree with you and I don't think the stunt arena is going anywhere. I was just kidding. I don't know where the theming is derived from. I always assumed it was the movies as it had felt like they opened close together.

Oh, and since Shazam seems like it will be a fun super hero movie and not as dark as other DC movies I think it would be better theming for a ride geared towards the younger crowd. I(f it was to be used as the theme for anything.

Yeah, that area is just weird.  So bizarre. They really need someone to take a comprehensive look at the theming through out the park and come up with a master plan.

6 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

Six Flags is expanding the coffin challenge to all parks. Apparently they underestimated the number of idiots willing to try this.  More than 25000 people already registered at Six Flags St. Louis.

http://investors.sixflags.com/news-and-events/press-releases/2018/09-27-2018-095912899

I would have never thought there would be so many people willing to try the challenge. Maybe a lot of people think it will be easy until they actually get in the coffin and claustrophobia starts to get to them (unless they aren't bothered by it at all).

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:35 AM, Medusa42 said:

Six Flags is expanding the coffin challenge to all parks. Apparently they underestimated the number of idiots willing to try this.  More than 25000 people already registered at Six Flags St. Louis.

http://investors.sixflags.com/news-and-events/press-releases/2018/09-27-2018-095912899

I'm not sure why they're idiots. It's a challenge they want to take and it sounds like it could be fun to try. I would enjoy a 30 hour nap. Hmmm, maybe I'm an idiot.

With Fort Wilderness gone in favor of Joker I don't think we'll see the Stuntshow arena removed. It's still used for events like Band competitions and Cheerfests, along with the usual shows and parties. Plus, a coaster there removes a vital backroad/employee entrance to Movietown that'd have to be relocated to a much more inconvenient place.

On 9/12/2018 at 5:14 PM, GAcoaster said:

I have a feeling it's the mirror maze sold by Oak Island (who does a lot of the new Fright Fest and HitP stuff). I tried it out at IAPPA last year and it was really fun. 

This is the type of maze that was installed in the King Pin/Heist building.  It really is high quality and guests are required to wear plastic gloves so they don’t markup the mirrors with fingerprints. 

I can can easily see this being rethemed to an ice castle or candy land theme for Holiday in the Park.  

This is is a great addition!  It’s a lot of fun.