VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

So they plowed out the parking lot, midways, and queues? Most have cost them a good bit to go though all that trouble. Still this freak storm was quite a downer for Halloween and the final weekend.

Edited by The Master

I was very glad the park opened, it was a little more crowded than I was expecting but I would take a crowded park over a closed park (Dorney) or a park with no coasters running (Hershey).

I didn't see snow anywhere so they must have gotten rid of all of it

Hopefully opening day is a week earlier this year and is April 1st and not April 8th

Edited by Yoshi

I read that the Jackson area was supposed to get 3 in, I guess they didn't get quite that much. Allentown got over 6 in so they would have had a much harder time cleaning out. Harrisburg got almost 10 in of snow, so Hershey probably did too.

Edited by The Master

• 2 months later...

The "Fort Independence" sign has been removed from the dolphin stadium. Hopefully the Spider of Doom does not pay a visit this Fright Fest.

gallery_2_579_429880.jpg

gallery_2_579_587045.jpg

There is a posting on G.A.'s job listing for a greeter at the Dolphin Discovery venue. It looks like the old Fort Independence sign may have been taken down for a name change! That is great news!

Dolphin Discovery Venue Greeter

Position Type: Seasonal

Description: Looking for outgoing, entertaining team members with a love of animals to assist our guests at Dolphin Discovery. Help ensure the safety of our guests and animals by upholding park and special venue rules. Serve as an usher/greeter by maintaining the cleanliness of the venue which is home to Atlantic bottlenose dolphins and California sea lions, and assisting guests with special needs.

Skill Requirements: Outgoing and authoritative personality, strong speaking and interpersonal skills, ability to stand for long periods of time in heat and sun.

Age Requirements: 18 or older preferred

• 1 month later...

I'm curious if SF sends these to everyone or just random season pass holders.

I received a "food related" one several months back as well.

At any rate it looks like they are contemplating some pretty cool rides/attractions in the future.

Brian

• 1 month later...

In honor of Valentine's Day, anyone remember the GA t-shirts from the 80's that use to say

red-cupid.gif

LOVE is a GREAT ADVENTURE!

We saw a girl wearing one at Busch Gardens Tampa yesterday! I thought I was seeing things...couldn't tell if it was the real thing or a reproduction but it featured the weird proto-rainbow logo. I should have asked her where she got it.