VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

Got to shut it down 2 hrs early to save $$$$$. Do you want SF to have to file for bankruptcy again? Watch what happens when the Democrats raise the min wage to $15hr.

I agree. Why pay adults money, when we can pay 12 year olds with Churros and exit passes for future visits? I don't see why politics has to be injected into this discussion. Alas, it has been.

Six Flags filed for bankruptcy due to incompetent management, failure to market a premium product, not being able to earn a full price or industry comparable gate admission, purchasing Dick Clark Productions, over aggressive expansion, and inability to even meet their debt to bondholders ("PIERS", in fact, they DEFAULTED on their debt at EVERY level). Why do you think Six Flags keeps aggressively raising parking fees? Because customers can't escape that, unlike the front gate.

Perhaps if Six Flags raised their wages, they could attract and keep more seasoned employees. People who are not texting or staring at a phone all day. Six Flags's woes are more impacted by their "margins above all" mentality, than employee salary. I followed Six Flags financial statements for a long time. I never once heard hourly salary of seasonal employees to be an issue, impacting the "bottom line".

An aside: You can't tell me $5,000 per park wouldn't buy a TON of floating tubes for Hurricane Harbor. Especially at the numbers Six Flags would order. $5,000 is like a grain of sand on a CapEx Beach. There is zero excuse for the abysmal operations at Hurricane Harbor, other than park and corporate management not caring about the product they sell as long as it's "good enough".

Edited by Thunderbolt

Yes, they are right next to Jolly Roger.

Also, the park has added more days to the operating calendar. They are now going to be open on Tuesday and Wednesday September 2nd and 3rd from 10:30 to 8:00. Last year I went on the Tuesday after Labor Day and it was very low crowds. I am hoping I can get to the park one of those days this year.

He really must like GADV.

So I was at HH today, and I noticed they let people eat in the lazy river now. Saw several people floating in tubes and walking drinking shakes and eating snack foods like popcorn, it is gross. The lifeguards looked right at them but didn't say a word to them. Also the tubes for the river quickly ran out as usually.

Edited by The Master

Today I went on Nitro and just before I got on a group of four (mom, dad, son, and I'm guessing their friend) were asked to get off the ride because the son was too short. I saw that his son was significantly shorter then the required height. The dad immediately got up and started screaming and cursing at the ride operators to let his son ride Nitro. After a few minutes he started getting really mad and he was almost was going to fight one of the ride operators, his friend had to keep holding him back. People waiting on line started to yell at him to stop and he just kept screaming out curse words. When security showed up he had calmed down a little and in the end just the dad and his friend got to ride while the son and the mom had to wait, but how was this guy not kicked out of the park or just off the ride? I was surprised to see that they just let him go like that after almost starting a fight.

So myself and some amigos were planning on going to the ACE/Fairgrounds private event jawn this Saturday night @ the park but according to every forecast I can find its gonna thunderstorm all night so thats out.

Curious if you guys think this Sunday morning would be a quiet time to hit up the park? I am majorly itching for some Toro.

I know its a bring-a-friend-free day BUT with it being after Labor Day and school back in session, and an Eagles game @ 1 on Sunday I thought it might be quiet. Anyone have any experience doing Sept sundays in the past? Should I not bother? Id like to avoid spending the $$$ on a FP but even a few early morning spins on the bull (and maybe Nitro smile_b.gif )would be enough for me.

• 4 weeks later...

I was at the park Sunday for the first time since Zumanjaro opened. I enjoyed it but wouldn't wait for it if the line is long. I rode Kingda Ka and boy has that ride got rough over the years. It was bad to the point my head was hurting for the rest of the day. The trains shook like crazy the whole ride.

Well kida ka is between a rock and a hard place because it needs a lot of maintenance it isn't getting yet they cant remove it (maybe just until the new polar coaster opens) and you have ZDOD on it so you would lose that too(lets wait till they build a 500ft tall falcons fury then they will destroy it) and KK will be 10 years old next season and both chiller and viper closed after 10 seasons (chiller because they could not fix what was going on and viper closed because its manufacturer closed down as well as chillers issue) wonder if TPR is experiencing the same issue and if the polar coaster will experience it? because if its height, then parks will stop going for height n' speed(because you need more speed if you need to go higher) if its other than speed or height, then I have no idea.

TTD is 2 years older yet everyone always says it is much, much smoother than KK. I also heard someone say it's because CP replaces the wheels MUCH more often than Gadv, but I can't confirm this. Can someone elaborate? Also, KK is faster, so there is that. But I agree. Kingda Ka is VERY rough now, especially on that pullup; all that shaking and a 5 g spike? Ouch. It rattles so much now that I can't even appreciate the little bit of airtime on the second hill because all I can focus on is the roughness.

Edited by KK456