VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

^I doubt it. They only went to 325ft because the park asked for it. The only practical way to reach 400 ft is with a launch, and even if B&M decided to use a launch their LSM launches don't accelerate nearly as fast as hydraulic launches; meaning, the launch track would have to be at least twice as long as Kingda Ka's, which no park could really fit realistically. For now, since Intamin patented the hydraulic launch, if a park wants to break the 400ft barrier it's going to be with them. (Or a polercoaster if they have the money)

Yeah, the only other company capable is S&S. Their compressed air launches are even more powerful than hydraulics. However, I highly doubt they would be contacted for a coaster of thst size.

I'm thinking B&M will go to 400ft with a lift hill eventually. They can hit 400ft now with their new "spine" for Giga's, all they need is a order for one. But next they will prob make a 350ft Giga for another Cedar Fair Park down the line sometime.

It's not the chain that's the problem, B&M has solved that issue. It's how expensive it would be to support a lift hill alone, plus the rest of the layout. Kingda Ka is just a tophat and hill and that cost 25 million! If B&M were to make a 400 ft coaster with an actual layout it would be tremendously expensive. But I do think they will go past 350 ft, I'm not sure which park though.

It would be very expensive, but when you look at Fury325, and the all the $$$ they are spending on the new Entrance Plaza on top of that. I can see Cedar Fair putting the total amount into just a Giga with the extra 50ft in a park that already has a new Entrance Plaza down the road. Cedar Point comes to mind, but i know they are "rumored" for a Dive Machine this year. And Six Flags is still dumping big $$$ into a park or 2 a year. "Justice League" with all the devolpment that went into it, was not cheap either, they may surprise us one of these years.

Guys, I need a second opinion. Based on this weekend's forecast, should I go to the park on Saturday or Sunday? (Both days will have rain, at slightly different times though)

Ok, time for a little review. Nothing major, just some random and cluttered thoughts.

Got to the park at 11 AM, and noticed there were a lot of buses. Was today a trip day or something?

Nitro was divine. Almost no stacking, and a station wait, which made for re-rides! All trains were really smooth, and for the first time in a while I rode in the back and loved it. I greyed out on the helix.

*Note; I was extremely dehydrated that day and I have some circulation issues so I greyed out on every coaster that day. No complete blackouts like on Intimidator 305

Batman: The Ride was extremely forceful, more than usual, and a little too much to be honest. My legs were aching more than usual when I got off, and I can only imagine how insane this thing will be backwards.

We took the Skyway to the other side of the park, and when we got to the other side 6 wasps flew out of nowhere and swarmed us. I was out of there, flying down the stairs (I have a fear of bugs/insects, especially flying ones).

*Note; There were a lot of wasps/bees today at the park. I saw dozens of them in total, and the bees are hovering around for the most part (one just liked to hover in front of Nitro's train when in the station, and get out of the way during a dispatch and return after). The wasps though were aggressive. One even divebomb-ed into my face.

For some reason, I didn't enjoy Bizarro too much today. I'm not sure why, and I did sit in the front row. The station was empty at first, but by the end of the ride the station was full of people; mostly groups

Now onto El Diablo. No fog today, they really did only have it for Thursday. The wait was 45 minutes. I loved the theming, Six Flags did a great job on that. The ride itself is very disorienting, a moderately intense experience. It's even a bit nauseating, at least for me. I didn't feel right for the rest of the day. I enjoyed the ride but not what it did to me.

El Toro was finally running 2 trains today. The queue was actually half way full, so it was a bit of a wait. The brown train's front row was closed off, so the line for the front row was taking an eternity. For the first time, I rode in the back and loved it. The twister section is a bit bumpy though.

We decided to skip Superman and Green Lantern for two reasons. The lines were rather long at this point, and I already had a headache from El Diablo (not the bumpyness, as it's glass smooth, but the disorientation) and El Toro (this one was the bumpyness of the twister section) so I didn't need Green Lantern to multiply things by 100.

Kingda Ka was broken down when we got to the Golden Kingdom. We waited 20 minutes, and it was running again. It was a station wait, but again the station filled after we rode. They were running 3 trains! I repeat, 3 trains! The ride was very, very efficient with really fast dispatches. Props to the ride ops for really great performance. Right when we were about to board the front row though, the ride broke down again. We waited 30 minutes, and they test-launched the green train. It easily surpassed 135 mph, it absolutely flew over the tophat with El Toro style airtime. We got on and were launched quickly. This particular launch was also very, very fast. Significantly faster than 128 mph, in fact I was surprised at how fast we were going and accelerating. It was absolutely incredible, and the best ride of the day for me.

The log flume was running, and we decided to ride for the first time in years. It was pretty fun, but since we had to sit in the back we didn't get too wet.

Zumanjaro was not running, and has been down for weeks. Don't expect to ride it until June or July.

That's all! This turned out to be longer than I expected, but I started getting more descriptive as I went on!

I got to the park around 4:30 today and was disappointed how crowded it was for a Sunday. The park had two events going today, seems like they always have some sort of event every operating day anymore that makes the park always crowded. They were also very slow dispatching rides today.

It was pretty bad, pretty much just rode small rides, even Skull Mt had a bad line.Biggest ride I got on was Superman because it had a short line but security came in to break up some sort of fight in the station. KK was not running the whole time I was there. I have not tried El Diablo yet.

Next Friday will have some sort of anti bully rally and next Sunday will have a big concert. Just always some kind of event going on at GADV.

Edited by The Master

I heard Skull Mountain was running 1 train on Friday, I wonder if it was the same on Sunday.

There is also Music In The Parks on Friday (and on the 29th as well) and probably Physics Day trips.

I was thinking about going this weekend to Gadv. Having never been there on memorial day weekend, was wondering how crowded it gets. I have parties on Sunday afternoon and Monday so I was either going to go on Saturday (which I usually never go on) or Sunday in the morning (but that has BOGO that day). And then I was even thinking just going to HH instead.

Now the problem is I hurt my lower back so I probably wont be riding any coasters but my son will. And my wife might be going with me but she rides hardly anything and since there are no shows anymore... don't know what to do with her???

Any ideas/advise?

Edited by robertleax

It will probably be crowded both days, there is also a concert a Sunday. I have never been there on Saturday or Sunday that weekend but did go to the park on Memorial Day in 2013 and it was crowded. Lines for the major coasters were around an hour.

I still haven't gone yet! Still need to buy my season pass also! The last 2 seasons, i've been slacking. I just have plans every weekend and thats really the only time i can go. Hopefully I can buy the season pass during the week and go after work sometime since my job is only like 10 min from the park. I live about an hour away. Last year i only went about 10 times. Normally I go 25+ times!

I still have not been to the park either. Its pretty weird because I usually go 10-15 times a year. I've just been so busy with school and baseball that I never have the time to go, and it surely doesn't help that I don't have my license yet so I can never just go when I want to.

Quick question: I'm planning on going to SFNE on Sunday. My brother processed his season pass at the park last year and all but never went in using the finger scanner yet. That won't be a problem going to SFNE right?

Not sure if this belongs here or not, but does anyone know where the Scream Machine's sign ended up? I know it was in the boneyard next to Nitro for a year or two following its removal, but I haven't seen it since.

Out of curiosity, was the park as crowded today (Saturday, not Sunday since it's past 12 AM right now) as it was on Friday? I may go tomorrow and I really don't want to put up with long lines.