VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

water parks skeeve me out, I used to love them as a little kid but the past few years I want nothing to do with them.

As far as drinking in the park, was there always places to buy beer? If so I must have missed them because I never saw any. Im always down to enjoy a nice cold beer on a hot day

They've sold beer (and wine?) at Best of the West for as long as I can remember. They also have the Main Street Pub near the fountain, and Granny's sells alcohol.

Are you allowed to walk around a drink? I thought there was something against that.

They "require" you to consume it on the patio attached to the restaurant of purchase, through signs more than any kind of actual enforcement.

Not sure if it's a regulatory thing or a private policy choice, but it is a nice change from other parks where you see people walking around with beers everywhere.

It's a shame at the HH Cabana Cove Bar and Grill there is no place to sit down and have a beer except for a few small tables that are always occupied and all the picnic tables (under the canvas covers) which all the people that go in the wave pool use to leave their stuff on them. So you just have to stand near there and drink your beer.

Now I remember at HH in SFA there is actually a bar which has seats you can sit down, have a beer and watch TV, but I don't remember if they had a designated area there.

• Like 1

water parks skeeve me out, I used to love them as a little kid but the past few years I want nothing to do with them.

As far as drinking in the park, was there always places to buy beer? If so I must have missed them because I never saw any. Im always down to enjoy a nice cold beer on a hot day

HH is a pretty bad water park and should not be used as sterotype to judge others by.

So I was in line for the flume on Tuesday night, and saw another guest in line smoking a mini bong he got in somehow. Looked like a mini booze bottle until he puffed smoke out and was acting really mellow. No wonder I don't go to GADV or HH much in the summer.

Edited by The Master

HH is a pretty bad water park and should not be used as sterotype to judge others by.

So I was in line for the flume on Tuesday night, and saw another guest in line smoking a mini bong he got in somehow. Looked like a mini booze bottle until he puffed smoke out and was acting really mellow. No wonder I don't go to GADV or HH much in the summer.

I keep seeing more and more people smoking throughout the park, and I've yet to see a single security guard try to enforce any "No Smoking" rule. It's disgusting.

They do have this one, even though it is a little small.

2014_06_14_IMG_6083%20copy.jpg

I've been there. I would just like something larger with TV's.... Watching the Phillies... or Nascar actually while the kids are in the wave pool or hitting some slides would be nice. I will see if I have a pic of the one at SFA.

I do like the idea of all the picnic tables by the wave pool. A lot of people were playing cards. That's something my wife and I like to do.

I wonder if the mini bong was one of those vape things. I don't think they would stop someone for having one of them and I have heard that you can get some good chemicals for them that will mellow you out.

Vaping is still considered smoking (by many places) and has to be done in a smoking section.

Good point. I was thinking more to the "that he got in somehow" part of The Masters post. If the mini bong is a vape contraption they wouldn't stop the person from coming in with it.

As a non smoker it wouldn't effect me if smoking cigarettes or vaping was banned all through out the park but as far as the smokers in the park go, I cant think of a time I saw someone smoking outside of a designated area so I don't have a problem with them.

I guess it could have been one of those vapor E things, being a non smoker I don't keep up with such things. As I said it looked just like a mini brown booze bottle with a ornate metal, silver colored mouth piece and bottom. Regardless he should not have been using it in the middle of a queue no matter what it is or whatever is in it. Also saw a few people smoking cigs in the middle of midways the other day too.

Edited by The Master

I have seen people with their E cigs puffing away in inappropriate places and they get annoyed if someone says anything. They think because its a vapor and not smoke people shouldn't care. They don't think about the fact that these things have a chemical in them and some of that chemical in the vapor. People around them didn't sign up for inhaling someone the chemical vapor from someone else.

I don't smoke, never have, and other people smoking doesn't normally bother me. Some times but not normally. That said, smokers/vapers have to have some courtesy for the people who are bothered by breathing smoke or vapor.

I never smoke cigarettes (I do smoke a cigar now and then when I camp) but I do vape. And I only vape in the designates areas. I have caught myself pulling it out every once in an while walking around though.

This month's flavor is Blue Rush (it a blueberry/mint flavor).

And I do vape in my car and I don't let my wife smoke in the car. My kids like the vape smell but hate the cigarette smell.

This could easily be taken out of context XD What I was originally gonna say was, how are you not realizing you're pulling out your vape?

A lot of times I get out of my car going to a store, pull it out of my pocket, hit the button and take a hit. So there gave been times I get off a ride, start walking around and pull it out of my pocket before I realize I can't smoke in the park.

Its also funny because there are some bars my wife and I go to and she can not smoke but they let me vape.

Edited by robertleax

I have never been to hh and have no desire to go. Even splash splash out here on Long Island I don't care to go to anymore. Used to love it as a kid but as I got older it's turned me off. Last time I went there had to be at least 5 years go. Got there when it opened on a week day and I got on 5 rides the whole day. That was was in issue. And it just grossed me out how people acted and came across

Edited by Mrpq

I'm hearing (from a Facebook group, we all know how reliable they can be) that there are some new "Nitro" hoodies, and other appearal in Main Street Market. Every survey this year i have been asking for more ride and park specific item's, maybe they are listening. I also keep asking for more "collectable" items also. The Six Flags Conference Call hinted that they are going to be looking at the retail side of thing's also. Better items hopefully will be a part of it. A deal with Coaster Dynamix for some "Statix" Train's would be sweet, i'd get mini version's of all our Park's train's.

A deal with Coaster Dynamix for some "Statix" Train's would be sweet, i'd get mini version's of all our Park's train's.

I remember around 2006/2007 when the Cedar Fair parks got the trains, there were talks Six Flags parks were going to get a Batman The Ride Statix but it never happened. I have a Talon Statix train and it's nice to have on display. I'd like to add a Nitro train next to it.