VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

I forgot they did that this year. I had to go to the pass processing anyway to get my new dining pass put on my season pass. I didn't have them update my old card since I keep them from year to year. The problem is they look the same as last year. I will have to write the year on it I guess.

The weather ended up being good today at the park. A little breezy earlier in the day but not too bad and it was calm enough later for the Skyway to open and all coasters were running. It still kept people away, it was an amazing day for anyone who was there but it had to be very disappointing for the park to have such low crowds today especially after not being open on Friday and extremely low attendance yesterday (based on pictures I saw on TPR). I guess they'll make up for it next weekend if the weather is nice.

Six Flags offers an Attraction Access Pass for guests who are unable to wait in ride lines due to a disability, mobility impairments, or certain qualifying impairments. Beginning November 7, 2015 any guest requesting use of one of these special passes will need to provide a doctor’s note at Guest Services at the time they pick up the pass. This new program replaces our old Equal Access Pass program.

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS they finally listened and did something about this issue! No more people faking disabilities to snag an Equal Access Pass! (Or at least a significant amount less).

(BTW Viper I know you didn't say this but I quoted you to get the quote box :P )

Edited by KK456

If I go to Gadv in the next week or I am going to ask if a Military Veteran Service connected Disability card would work. I was there a few weeks ago and I still never bothered to go and ask.

Well, i never got any reply from any of my people at Six Flags for who the chain's "buyer" is for item's to sell in shop's. But Coaster Dynamix has taken it upon themselves and have made "King Kobra" a tribute to the Tallest Coaster in the World. Here is the link to buy them. If it sell's good, i feel next up may be "Pyro", a tribute to "Nitro". Then they can maybe make one called "The Bull". See if a diff lauguage is enough to avoid a "cease & desisit" order.

http://www.coasterdynamix.com/collections/nano-coasters/products/stainless-steel-king-kobra-coaster

Edited by Railer

If I go to Gadv in the next week or I am going to ask if a Military Veteran Service connected Disability card would work. I was there a few weeks ago and I still never bothered to go and ask.

I have heard that some card proving need of the pass would be fine. Basically if it's in writing or some valid proof it should be accepted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They did that a few times last year on Friday nights during Fright Fest, closing the lines as much as 30 minutes early even with walk ons.

They probably think nobody will ride the ride in the last half hour the park is open.

I don't know this to be true but the park may look at the length of the line determine when to close the line. If the line is about 45 minutes long it closed 45 minutes before park closing and so on. If they let people on line up to the parks closing time the park may not clear all of the lines until an hour and a half after closing.

I don't think it is right, especially when it is walk on like they did to me. However they keep the fastpass line open of course. It is crap like this that I hve been visiting GADV less often than I used to.

This was rampant when I stayed until closing on 10/16. They closed B:TR's line an hour early, and others a lot closer to 11:30 than 12:00.

Worst of all was that I was in Ka's station starting at about 11:30 and the ride "broke down" right then until 11:59. They kept occasionally launching trains, but never reopened the line after 11:30. And for most of the 30 minutes, the crew just stood around joking with one another, and maintenance never came; the ride just magically went back up by itself exactly when the park was scheduled to close and they wouldn't have to reopen the line. I think it was a strategy to not have to stay later, and someone senior should have put a stop to it.

Operationally, we're moving back towards the Premier days at a pretty steady pace. I think SF will see the impact of their cuts come 2017 and onwards; a lot of guests are getting more and more fed up.

Operationally, we're moving back towards the Premier days at a pretty steady pace. I think SF will see the impact of their cuts come 2017 and onwards; a lot of guests are getting more and more fed up.

The employee uniforms are Permier era looking again.

Tey also might close rides early because maybe everyone has ridden the ride that day. idk really :Yummy:

Closing lines early is extremely common. Most notably I remember getting screwed out of a Voyage night ride when HW closed the line early back in 2006. During FF when the park is open until midnight this is understandable, edpecially considering work laws regarding minors and whatnot.

Totally disagree with you. Yes, we've all been screwed once or twice, but that's the exception rather than the rule; it's common practice for most rides at most parks that if you enter the line at any point up until closing, you will get to ride.

If a ride line needs to close early due to excessive crowds, local curfews, or other factors, it should be thoroughly publicized on signs (consider the way closed rides are listed before the ticket booths at most parks), and in the park map or show guide, when possible (GAdv does a very nice job of this with the Safari, with signs and notes encouraging folks to ride as early as possible). Closing lines early without that level of notification -- and especially doing it on the poorly organized, haphazard basis GAdv has been -- is a huge disservice to your guests in my eyes.

• Like 2