VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

13 hours ago, Pineracer said:

My friend Marissa, who works at Justice League and Cyborg, told me that.

I am a little burnt out on the park so I'm planning on going on Koaster Kids day (July 14), Fright Fest (Rowan does the trip every year), and hopefully Holiday in the Park (I'm 19 and don't drive yet, so it would only work if she doesn't work a weekend)

I know Marissa! I graduated HS with her 😂

Yeah, I avoid this week especially since my trips to the park are much more limited. If I only get there a few times a year, I want to try to visit when crowds are low. I expected to see hour wait times posted for the big coasters. I also miss when they used to be open 2 weeks for Spring Break. I would visit when PA schools were closed usually the week before Easter but when NYC and Jackson schools were still in session with lower crowds.

On 4/24/2019 at 5:12 PM, Yoshi said:

I heard yesterday it was taking people an hour to enter the park. It will probably be less crowded tomorrow and Friday without the NCSY group there.

An hour just to get into the park? At that point I would turn around and either do something else or go home with crowds at such nightmarish levels. 

Park was really good today thanks to the forecast! We didn't get there until 6, and I think we had just missed the one little rain shower of the day. Ride lines were mostly short. Food still relatively long as usual.

Side note, we went to Member Services tonight with receipts to get member reward points that we're missing from Saturday. (They're supposed to take up to 24 hours) It looks like not a single person got their reward points for purchases over the weekend.

Our friend got his points added earlier in the day no problem. When we tried, the "Add Points" button had mysteriously vanished from the employee's dashboard, so we'll hear back in a few days. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Back in my day the park would have been open today.  And we would have walked through pouring rain to get to the next ride.  Uphill.  Just sayin’.

Cause people were built tougher back in those days. Like the time I fell 8,000 feet onto a pile of jagged rocks. However, I was out Jitter Bugging that very night. 

fBrYWvR.jpg

KC8JRbX.gif

Edited by The Master
  • Like 1

On 5/5/2019 at 5:19 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Back in my day the park would have been open today.  And we would have walked through pouring rain to get to the next ride.  Uphill.  Just sayin’.

Back in your day, the folks running the park were more comfortable with spending more on ops than was coming through the gate.  

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:06 AM, Six Flags FUN! said:

Seems some Looney Tunes costume characters are returning to the park like Speedy Gonzales and Lola Bunny. Will DC Comics Superhero costume characters will return to the park this year too?

Short answer : I wish.

Long answer : From my understanding,finding people good enough for SF's superheroes is almost as tough as being a Disney princess: DC Comics has final say who gets what part,and they can be really picky,even for characters who are "fully covered" like Batman and The Flash.I remember about a year or two ago on these same forums this topic came up and a girl who had supposedly played Wonder Woman (about 10 years earlier) posted similar stories.

28 minutes ago, ericthewanderer said:

Short answer : I wish.

Long answer : From my understanding,finding people good enough for SF's superheroes is almost as tough as being a Disney princess: DC Comics has final say who gets what part,and they can be really picky,even for characters who are "fully covered" like Batman and The Flash.I remember about a year or two ago on these same forums this topic came up and a girl who had supposedly played Wonder Woman (about 10 years earlier) posted similar stories.

In other words, they need to be hot but there are few people who are hot enough, especially to work that cheap. Nobody wants to see Superman with a beer gut or a dumpy Wonder Woman.

7 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Guys I have A big problem now on next weekend. Is Saturday and Sunday is going too crowd at Great Adventure during Comic Fest?

Is waiting line won't be too crowd to get special passes in Visitor Center near by SkyScreamer? I might going between Saturday and Sunday during Memorial Day weekend?

Memorial Day weekend, Comic Fest, Grand Opening of Wonder Woman. Best of luck to anyone at or near the park.

Are there any changes to the music being played across the park this year?  Apparently Great America removed most of the pop music from the park this year and have gone back to playing the old music that fits the theme of each area of the park.  It would be nice if this was done for all parks in the chain.

2 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I mean where is new portal sign for DC Universe's new name? When will portal signs (Gotham City and Metropolis) will be added.

Never. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Oh snap. It's might gonna rain on this Wednesday because I'm going to the park this Wednesday. Is the weather is gonna change I don't want it in the rain during the park.

Weather Bug isn’t calling for any rain Wednesday. That’s the app the park uses to make most weather-related decisions.

18 hours ago, Tbone112499 said:

Weather Bug isn’t calling for any rain Wednesday. That’s the app the park uses to make most weather-related decisions.

AccuWeather is saying a possible t-storm or shower.  Either way, I wouldn't get my shorts in a knot over it. 

Went to the park today for the first time this year. I see they are still extra strict on the loose articles policy. I had my season pass in my pocket which I guess kinda looks like a phone even though its much thinner. When I was getting in line for The Joker the security guard stops me and asks what I have in my pocket. I said it was my season pass. He very sternly says, "Okay, pull it out!". So I show him and then he keeps asking about my back pocket and then finally lets me go. I get that it is for safety but still, I think if you have zipper pockets (which I did) they shouldn't make a big deal about it. And why are they not concerned that I am going on the ride wearing sunglasses but are concerned about something in a zippered pocket?

I'll give the security guard a pass for being rude because there were a lot of middle school trips  there today and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them were giving him a hard time and lying about things so perhaps he was just tired of dealing with it. 

Edited by SFGadv123

3 hours ago, SFGadv123 said:

Went to the park today for the first time this year. I see they are still extra strict on the loose articles policy. I had my season pass in my pocket which I guess kinda looks like a phone even though its much thinner. When I was getting in line for The Joker the security guard stops me and asks what I have in my pocket. I said it was my season pass. He very sternly says, "Okay, pull it out!". So I show him and then he keeps asking about my back pocket and then finally lets me go. I get that it is for safety but still, I think if you have zipper pockets (which I did) they shouldn't make a big deal about it. And why are they not concerned that I am going on the ride wearing sunglasses but are concerned about something in a zippered pocket?

I'll give the security guard a pass for being rude because there were a lot of middle school trips  there today and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them were giving him a hard time and lying about things so perhaps he was just tired of dealing with it. 

You can't have anything in a zippered pocket either to prevent people from taking their phones out while on the ride. Sunglasses aren't too much of a concern, but a phone is basically getting hit with a flying brick.