VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

• 2 weeks later...

GADV has been having issues this Summer. Incidents and closures for the Flume, El Toro, Jersey Devil, Joker, and Nitro. Hopefully this rough patch isn't being caused by deferred maintenance. 

On 7/18/2021 at 10:29 AM, The Master said:

GADV has been having issues this Summer. Incidents and closures for the Flume, El Toro, Jersey Devil, Joker, and Nitro. Hopefully this rough patch isn't being caused by deferred maintenance. 

What’s up with JD, Joker, and Nitro? Was planning on going next week since I’ll be in the area but if Nitro and JD are down too then there’s not much of a point in going. 

• 2 weeks later...

I saw someone on Facebook say Nitro is closed until further notice pending a state inspection. Whether that is actually true or not I don't know, but it is closed today according to the queue times app so I guess something is up. 

^ I always enjoy seeing new train models and nanocoasters pop up in the stores - the park has been making some really steady progress with additions to their lineup.  If they keep this pace up, it'll only be a matter of time before some poor designer has to figure out a way to model a "train" from the Joker... 😆

Thoughts on Toro possibly reopening this year? They’ve started to add track where they took it off. As much as I love the ride, I really hope they take their time to make sure it’s completely safe. 

7 hours ago, ZachMan said:

Thoughts on Toro possibly reopening this year? They’ve started to add track where they took it off. As much as I love the ride, I really hope they take their time to make sure it’s completely safe. 

I would love for Six Flags to take this time to have Intamin do a full, proper retrack of El Toro and return it to its former glory. I went on it last back in June and the back row had some considerable jackhammering that took away from the experience. Have Intamin pull a Colossos and make the ride feel like new again.

• 3 weeks later...

Smile, you're on camera!

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/six-flags-partnership-will-equip-security-staff-with-body-cameras-2021-08-31

Six Flags partnership will equip security staff with body cameras

Published: Aug. 31, 2021 at 7:50 a.m. ET

Axon Enterprise Inc. AXON, +3.12%, a public safety technology company, said Tuesday that it has partnered with Six Flags Entertainment Corp. SIX, -0.54% to equip park security staff with 600 body cameras nationwide. The news comes after reports of at least two incidents at Six Flags parks in New Jersey, one in July at the Six Flags Hurricane Harbor where state police and a K-9 bomb-sniffing dog unit was notified, and another on Monday where a guest entered a restricted area and injured her leg. "This added transparency will increase security and operations efficiencies and eliminate uncertainty around staff and guest interactions, benefiting everyone involved," said Mike Shore, Axon's general manager of commercial and private security sectors, in a statement.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A typical day at GAdv for me starts like...

1. I'm still kinda nervous about going upside down (if it hasn't been awhile, otherwise omit this part.)

2. I decide to ride Superman first thing to ease me back into the swing of things.

3. Superman is of course closed.

4. I have to ride... the green monster (not Ka. The OTHER green monster) instead.

The past two trips have all opened this way. When I go back for HitP I'm just gonna go straight to Nitro to avoid this happening.

• 2 weeks later...

HITP in the freezing cold was great yesterday, everything was a walk on and the park looked great. They surprise me every year with how great of a job they do with HITP. JDC is also running bafflingly welll in the cold, which is awesome. 

Edited by ZachMan

• 2 months later...
On 11/12/2019 at 12:04 PM, Medusa42 said:

I guess this happened but it is odd I don't recall any in-park promotions or advertising for it.

ccard copy.jpg

On 2/3/2022 at 12:58 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

I guess this happened but it is odd I don't recall any in-park promotions or advertising for it.

I did see a few signs for it on the pathway near the Skull Mountain bridge when I was on my way there from Nitro on the last operating day of the year.  I'm a little sad since I use my trusty Discover for almost everything, but credit where it's due to Visa (ha) for that sweet roller coaster card design!

Edited by Great Adventurer