VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2022 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Interesting...  If the beatification Capex has changed to attractions and rides, you'd think the target market would also change from those willing to pay a premium price for a premium experience to those simply wanting new rides, regardless of who those new rides attract.  For me, it merely confirms the guy at the top has no idea what he's doing, other than throwing a lot of "hall Mary's" in the final quarter.

• Like 1

I’m excited to see the CEO announce that new rides will be invested into in the upcoming years! I also hope that Beautification is still a part of his plan going forward, as a balance of beautification, TLC, & rides is what I think would really help continue to elevate Six Flags, along with helping the parks and company as a whole!

To be fair, Six Flags has been messy as a whole for a long time. It seems like every new leader has to try to dig the company out of some landslide.

Hearing that investments are being allocated into new attractions makes sense, that has been the company MO for as long as it has been prevalent in the competitive market.

• Like 1

If the TrailRunner does get used to replace old mine trains, wouldn't it be pretty cool to see it replace Runaway Mine Train? That would be pretty neat to have a park with multiple single rail coasters. 

Edit: Just heard about the Racing P'Sghetti Bowl coaster SFFT is getting in 2023, I guess they are going to have multiple single rail coasters in one park!

Edited by Gyrotron

I love all the stuff Jeff Siebert manages to get done for that park. They've been adding new rides, plussing existing rides, refurbishing dining facilities, rehabbing their train ride, adding benches and other landscaping. I wish Jeff (or someone like him) was running GA, or better yet the whole Six Flags chain. 

• Like 3

^Did that actually happen?  I know it’s just a matter of time. 

It still baffles me that they got rid of their highly experienced PR people and have abandoned promoting the park with any news releases or media events.  Next they will wonder why HITP saw a drop in attendance and use it as an excuse to discontinue it.   

• Like 3

On 11/30/2022 at 5:55 PM, Gyrotron said:

If the TrailRunner does get used to replace old mine trains, wouldn't it be pretty cool to see it replace Runaway Mine Train? That would be pretty neat to have a park with multiple single rail coasters. 

Edit: Just heard about the Racing P'Sghetti Bowl coaster SFFT is getting in 2023, I guess they are going to have multiple single rail coasters in one park!

No, absolutely not, Mine Train should never be replaced, a GA original.  

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 10:03 PM, Medusa42 said:

I don't have a name yet, but have heard the new Park President was an account manager at Middleby.

Here is the linkedin for the new Park President at Over Texas.  Just a bean counter with no experience in this industry.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/richard-j-douaihy-54954abb

I think there is some potential in bringing in people who haven't come up for decades in the industry, which pretty much all of the past presidents were. But not sure this crony is it....